Sign in to follow this  
Denise12

1 week post-op

Any advice from anyone about there 1 week post op? 

1 hour ago, Denise12 said:

Any advice from anyone about there 1 week post op? 

Yikes. Some people are doing great and ready to go back to work, and others are barely able to crawl about their rooms. 

How are you doing?? That's the key question!!

I was walking 3-4 miles a day, starting to swim, doing my liquids, and exultant a week after surgery. The hardest part at that juncture was the prohibition on eating anything solid. I chewed up stuff and spit it out in order to get mouth feel. At about a week I had turned the corner from postop recovery to feeling like this was REALLY going to help me shed the pounds. I think I lost nearly 30 lbs in the first month. 

Um, let's see, advice... how about, avoid anything that gives you terminal munchies? :cool: You'll be chewing and spitting all night if you're not careful...

Only advice I really have is aim for your protein and fluid intake goal - everything else will work itself out :) and walking is both a life and mind saver, so do what you can tolerate for exercise. Just be sure to pace yourself :)

14 minutes ago, Ladybugzzz86 said:

Only advice I really have is aim for your protein and fluid intake goal - everything else will work itself out :) and walking is both a life and mind saver, so do what you can tolerate for exercise. Just be sure to pace yourself :)

Ladybuzzz86 is spot on. Walk walk walk walk. Then walk some more. 

You don't have to be a jock to enjoy the physicality, authenticity, and in-the-moment reality of a walk. 

Other than having a drain hanging from my just below my left breast, still on a clear liquid diet and feeling a little tired early afternoon, I was able to get a good amount of walking in and felt reasonably normal.

56 minutes ago, cinwa said:

Other than having a drain hanging from my just below my left breast, still on a clear liquid diet and feeling a little tired early afternoon, I was able to get a good amount of walking in and felt reasonably normal.

I think I was taking naps too!