Michellerene618

SURGERY TOMORROW MORNING

Okay so no one's called me today ; and tomorrow morning is my surgery... I'm ready to get this over with ! The anticipation is worse than the actual surgery I hope...very disappointed in family and friends not even calling me 4 support... it's just sad... I am emotional...

Its OK @Michellerene618, we got your back! You are going to do fantastic, hold on to all of the positive changes that are headed your way starting tomorrow. You are so right , the anticipation is brutal. And tomorrow morning might not be any easier, but it gets better! You hang in there, and be sure to touch base when you feel alert enough after surgery. Prayers and well wishes being sent your way for a speedy recovery <3

I am so sorry that you are not getting the support that you need from friends and family. Please stick around here. You will be surprised at how supportive and helpful everyone here is.

We will become like family to you if you hang around long enough. Good luck tomorrow and please report in as soon as you are able to do so.

I was very nervous/antsy before my surgery.

I'm sorry your family isn't giving you the support you need. If you ever don't feel supported, just come here to TT! There will always be support here! <3

We're here for you Michelle - have a safe trip to the losers bench .... hugs.

@Michellerene618, welcome to the LOSERS' BENCH!!!  It is all downhill from here (and down scale from here!) :D

As soon as they let you up and around, make sure to get lots of walking in, it helps move the gas along and is really good for you!

Checking in to see how you're doing Michelle.

Hope your doing well, @Michellerene618 Thinking of you!

Came home from Hospital late night...boy oh boy, feeling pretty rough... I had a hiatal hernia in my diaphragm along with the sleeve... I am in more pain than I thought I'd be, but no pain, no gain...< or should I say loss> 

I am hoping that this subsidies quickly!

Trying to stay positive,  get walking , and keep my liquid requirements in...

Thanks for all your support!

Please tell me this pain is only temporary!

It is only temporary!!! You’ll be through it and on to the good stuff in no time. Welcome to the Loser’s Bench!!! 

Yeah, the pain will go and the more you move around, the easier it'll get.  But keep up with your pain meds.

I am getting up and around and I guess I just thought it was not going to be this painful.  It hurts more than my hysterectomy for sure...

23 hours ago, Ladybugzzz86 said:

Hope your doing well, @Michellerene618 Thinking of you!

Thank you for thinking of me! I appreciate it!!

Hope all is well and you are quickly on the mend!

4 hours ago, Michellerene618 said:

I am getting up and around and I guess I just thought it was not going to be this painful.  It hurts more than my hysterectomy for sure...

Walk, drink lots of liquids, fart & move your bowels, take your meds, and the tincture of time will work its wonders. Congrats on the Loser's Bench!

I had a lot of pain for two weeks after surgery. I thought it would never cease!!  Week three was tolerable. I went back to work week four and have been pain free since. Take your pain meds and fluids, rest, and you will heal! 

So glad you are doing well, Michelle. It does get easier, I promise :) Just take it one day at a time, you are doing all the right things by the sounds of it. Keep up the great work, and you will see progress in no time.

4 hours ago, Anita62 said:

I had a lot of pain for two weeks after surgery. I thought it would never cease!!  Week three was tolerable. I went back to work week four and have been pain free since. Take your pain meds and fluids, rest, and you will heal! 

Yes I am only 4 days out...in quite a bit of pain...thanks for the encouragement!

1 hour ago, Ladybugzzz86 said:

So glad you are doing well, Michelle. It does get easier, I promise :) Just take it one day at a time, you are doing all the right things by the sounds of it. Keep up the great work, and you will see progress in no time.

I am...I guess I thought this wasn't going to be this bad...

@Michellerene618 You'll be ok, just need some time. Right after surgery I found that if I did not take my pain meds before I needed them, then I would cycle between having pain, getting relief, and then having them wear off --> more pain. By around day 3 or 4 I did not need my oral opiate except before sleep (I found I would wake up in pain). 

On 7/7/2018 at 8:20 AM, Michellerene618 said:

Came home from Hospital late night...boy oh boy, feeling pretty rough... I had a hiatal hernia in my diaphragm along with the sleeve... I am in more pain than I thought I'd be, but no pain, no gain...< or should I say loss> 

I am hoping that this subsidies quickly!

Trying to stay positive,  get walking , and keep my liquid requirements in...

Thanks for all your support!

Please tell me this pain is only temporary!

I also had a hiatal hernia that he repaired during my surgery, it seems pretty common.  I, too, thought it would be less painful then it all was, but it really does subside every day.  I was still sore a few weeks out but not constantly like you are now...just when I would overdo things or lean or bend or something.....but then you will realize that you don't hurt at all and you're like 20 pounds lighter and you just can't believe how amazing your cool new sleeve is!!! 

Did you end up hearing from your family?I hope you're getting the support you need.  But when you need ppl who 'get it', make sure you come here, we understand and have been through the same stuff!

I hope things are feeling a little more comfortable for you today. People tend to vary a bit in how their bodies react to surgery - easier for some, harder for others. The good news is that every day gets better, and you should start feeling a lot better soon! 

Rest up, take good care of yourself, and take it easy when you need to (most of the time in the beginning!). 

16 hours ago, CheeringCJ said:

I also had a hiatal hernia that he repaired during my surgery, it seems pretty common.  I, too, thought it would be less painful then it all was, but it really does subside every day.  I was still sore a few weeks out but not constantly like you are now...just when I would overdo things or lean or bend or something.....but then you will realize that you don't hurt at all and you're like 20 pounds lighter and you just can't believe how amazing your cool new sleeve is!!! 

Did you end up hearing from your family?I hope you're getting the support you need.  But when you need ppl who 'get it', make sure you come here, we understand and have been through the same stuff!

My mom came up from Florida to help me, and my husband's been amazing...Family are starting to reach out...yes "most, " people do not get it. This is a much bigger deal than I thought...5 years I have been waiting to get this surgery after thyroidectomy from cancer and I know this too shall pass, but right now it just seems a lot.  Thanks so much for reaching out to me...I greatly appreciate it!!

So glad to hear that your support system showed up for you @Michellerene618, that is fantastic news. You keep your chin up, and be kind to yourself :) your body just went through a lot, so feel free to relax and let your family help you when you need it most.

@Michellerene618, I had a hiatal hernia repair too, and had to have a patch put on it. In the days and weeks that followed, when I told my surgeon about the pains and physical feelings I was having, he told me that the hernia repair is actually more disruptive to all your organs than the sleeve because it kind of repositions them. That was the pain I was having. 

I was encouraged about the healing process, though. Know that you are healthy, so the healing will go well and fairly quickly. Just rest and be kind to your body. It's busy healing, so make sure you do all your protein, and liquids as prescribed. 

And stay here with us, and the TTF is a great support system!