delilas

Good ol' bariatric dreams

I dreamt last night that I'd gone to my surgeon because I thought I had an ulcer (I've been taking ibuprofen recently, so its probably guilt over that!), and he ordered an EGD. When I got there for the test, it was one of the docs I work with at my outpatient endoscopy, who first chastised me for having the surgery, and then he put the scope in, and my sleeve was already considerably enlarged and while he has the scope in and I can't talk, he's berating me for enlarging my sleeve. On top of all of that, I was apparently supposed to be assisting him in my own procedure and he was angry I didn't have the forceps ready to take biopsies of my own stomach, and he went to my manager afterwards about it :lol:

I know I've been having some fears lately because it suddenly feels like I can eat considerably more (I think I got that relaxation in the sleeve that happens around six months) but WOW brain. Thanks for taking it even farther!

Yikes!  Too real seeming to not be unnerved by it!  Didn't you wake up in a sweat?!?

I talked to my surgeon last week about stretching vs relaxing my sleeve and he explained that the stomach, being a muscle will relax and stretch if we overfill it but will always go back down (if allowed to empty) because it is a muscle. It will not be as tight as it was day one but it won't be much bigger. So I stopped stressing about it. 

Yep that was a crazy  dream.  You mentioned ibuprofen and guilt ?  My surgeons Nurse practitioner wrote me a script for 800s 2 weeks ago, are you not allowed?

Oh Bad Brains! What games you play on our innocent hearts. I hope you have dreams tonight of being on Dancing With The Stars. :D

7 hours ago, CheeringCJ said:

Yikes!  Too real seeming to not be unnerved by it!  Didn't you wake up in a sweat?!?

I talked to my surgeon last week about stretching vs relaxing my sleeve and he explained that the stomach, being a muscle will relax and stretch if we overfill it but will always go back down (if allowed to empty) because it is a muscle. It will not be as tight as it was day one but it won't be much bigger. So I stopped stressing about it. 

There was definitely a sweat, although its debatable about it being the dream versus this crazy heat wave in the midwest :P

My surgeon said similarly, Im just continually surprised that I can suddenly eat considerably (4-5 ounces at a go now of firm protein), and terrified it will lead to eating too much :D

6 hours ago, tracyringo said:

Yep that was a crazy  dream.  You mentioned ibuprofen and guilt ?  My surgeons Nurse practitioner wrote me a script for 800s 2 weeks ago, are you not allowed?

While they are strict on it for our first few months to ensure no suture/staple line ulcers, mine is because I have a history of ibuprofen-induced ulcers (which is also part of why I chose the sleeve, so if I do get ulcers, theyre easier to fix). But with my foot problems (and having my big toenail removed on Thursday!) ibuprofen is the only thing that helps the throbbing, so I've been taking it fairly often again, although trying to limit it to 1 pill of 200mg at a time. 

48 minutes ago, NerdyToothpick said:

Oh Bad Brains! What games you play on our innocent hearts. I hope you have dreams tonight of being on Dancing With The Stars. :D

Now that would be a dream I could get behind!

Oh sorry to hear you have a problem taking them.  Hope your toe heals fast.

Crazy dream! :wacko:

16 hours ago, delilas said:

My surgeon said similarly, Im just continually surprised that I can suddenly eat considerably (4-5 ounces at a go now of firm protein), and terrified it will lead to eating too much :D

I totally get that. I feel the same.way. It scares me.to death. And knowing I can shrink it back down is a bit of a two edged sword. I'm glad I can but I'm afraid I'll abuse that. I've spent years eating what I shouldn't knowing I can fix it later. I don't want to overeat knowing I can do a five day pouch test to fix it all back up again!

On 7/4/2018 at 9:33 AM, delilas said:

I dreamt last night that I'd gone to my surgeon ... :lol:

I know I've been having some fears lately because it suddenly feels like I can eat considerably more (I think I got that relaxation in the sleeve that happens around six months) but WOW brain. Thanks for taking it even farther!

Golly what a dream... and so very specific!