Mrs.NA

Can I just be angry?

Urgh. So I’m very frustrated because my husband is being a dick and I had a breast lift 2 weeks ago and have to do things like mow the lawn because apparently I’m the only person in my house who can use a lawnmower, and I want to vent to my friends, but all they can say is things like “ well at least you don’t have cancer”... like I know that I am very lucky to be able to have gastric bypass and lose weight and have a breast lift, but does this mean I can never complain again?

As a guy, I can tell you that guys are amazingly clueless.  Let him know exactly what you need and why, and make it clear that he has no choice.  

By the way, great job on your weight loss. :)  

Of course you can be angry! Don't do things you shouldn't be doing yet. Long grass is nothing compared to messing up your surgery results. Maybe let things slide for a bit.

You could always hire someone to do it for a couple of weeks until either A: you feel better and can do it yourself, or B: your husband feels shamed into doing it...

Take care of yourself. Recovery is more important than the length of your lawn, as @Gretta pointed out.

You are still allowed to complain, too. 

Sometimes it seems hard for people to just listen to our problems and be there for us just as support - as humans we seem to always want to fix things. You can vent as much as you need to! You have been through a lot in this past year alone, and I'm sorry to hear that your friends can't just come from a place of understanding. Feel free to always come back here when you just need to let off some steam.