Ladybugzzz86

Headed back home

Had a tough week this week. My back is flared up, can barely walk but still pushing myself to go to physio - I don't want to feel like a failure. Then before bed last night I got my power bill (finally), which ended up being 1200$ ... O.O

Money stress is very real right now, its like everything is getting more expensive. I am working the 12 steps now with OA, its online which is pretty cool I think. The current step works own accepting our own choices when it comes to food and addictions, because often we are influenced by others, our emotions, and every other little thing we can use as an excuse to compulsively eat basically. So I'm doing my best to keep my emotions in check, realizing that food won't fix anything  going through. Which brings me to my last point - I am getting super homesick for my wife during the week. I only get to see her maybe one day because I'm out of town 5 days, and her work schedule also. Wouldn't be as much of an issue if she wasn't also my best friend. And when I get back home for just that short time, I feel so..... Lost. Like ripped out of my routine? So its very much a catch 22 situation. I guess I just needed to get it of my chest. When I leave to return to rehab on Mondays, it feels like my heart gets ripped out. 

Goal this weekend - plan my meals, stick to it, and try to be mindful of any thoughts and feelings that could creep up to sabotage my efforts. 

Happy Canada day weekend everyone ;)

I wish I had words to make things a little easier on you. Better yet, a magic wand to make everything perfect. I’m thinking of you, sweet @Ladybugzzz86

2 hours ago, NerdyToothpick said:

I wish I had words to make things a little easier on you. Better yet, a magic wand to make everything perfect. I’m thinking of you, sweet @Ladybugzzz86

Thank you for your message, you just reaching out makes it that much easier for me, better than even a magic wand. Big hugzzz to you @NerdyToothpick , its just nice to know sometimes that although we all have our own trials on this journey, at the end of the day we are not alone. 

On 6/29/2018 at 2:55 PM, Ladybugzzz86 said:

plan my meals

Hi Ladybugzzz - Sorry to hear you're having some stress, but it sounds like you're doing what you can to resolve as much as possible. I'm interested to hear how online OA works - is it like a message board?

I think your idea of planning your meals can be a real life saver. It certainly is for me. I do a lot of meal prep ahead of time, and that allows me to default to Lazy Jen without sabotaging myself. If I have a bunch of stuff prepped in the fridge, ready to eat, all fitting into my eating plan, the absolute dead easiest decision is to just eat that. No decision making, no shopping, no cooking, nothing. Just grab and eat. It's also a great way to save money - buying a week's worth of a few things and dividing it up into servings is cheaper than buying a wider variety of stuff. 

Anyway, I hope you get through this tough time OK. And Happy Canada Day! 

Hey! Look at you making smart, healthy choices all over the place. It's so hard to do that when life is being extra challenging, but you're doing it! I'm very impressed. Hugs!

I’m sorry you’re going through a rough patch right now. I know that financial strains and emotional strains (such as missing a loved one), and physical pain can be very difficult and often makes us want to throw eating healthy out the window. I’m really glad that you seem to be planning ahead for this and that you know you can come here to let some of it off your chest. 

And yes... Happy Canada Day! ;)

Thanks so much for the support @Jen581791, @Gretta, @Mrs.NA :wub:

Really appreciate it guys. Jen, the site that I use for OA uses a MIRC client. Super easy to use, and they have seven meetings all at different times of the day. If anyone wants to check it out here is the site. 

http://oa12step4coes.org/meetings.html

1 hour ago, Ladybugzzz86 said:

f anyone wants to check it out here is the site. 

All I can say is (((hugs))) @Ladybugzzz86 ❤️❤️❤️ 

I know how insanely difficult it is to stay afloat with all of the stressors eating away at you. And good Lord, I know the back pain!! Meal planning is one of the best things you can do for yourself, no doubt!! I eat a lot of the same things each day during the week, so I make my chicken salad up on Monday and it's good for 4 days lunches, and I eat scrambled eggs for breakfast. I eat before I start my Nana shift in the morning so I don't throw my schedule off too much. Hubby cooks dinners, so I just have my snacks (which are yogurt, cheese and/or nuts) to think about, and that's it. It really does help when you take the need for thought out of it, especially when you have a lot of stress. Hang in there, ladyB!!! 

On 7/1/2018 at 12:54 PM, Nana Trish said:

All I can say is (((hugs))) @Ladybugzzz86 ❤️❤️❤️ 

I know how insanely difficult it is to stay afloat with all of the stressors eating away at you. And good Lord, I know the back pain!! Meal planning is one of the best things you can do for yourself, no doubt!! I eat a lot of the same things each day during the week, so I make my chicken salad up on Monday and it's good for 4 days lunches, and I eat scrambled eggs for breakfast. I eat before I start my Nana shift in the morning so I don't throw my schedule off too much. Hubby cooks dinners, so I just have my snacks (which are yogurt, cheese and/or nuts) to think about, and that's it. It really does help when you take the need for thought out of it, especially when you have a lot of stress. Hang in there, ladyB!!! 

Tyvm Trish :) always so wonderful to hear from you and all your wisdom ;) I think for this week coming up I am going to do much like what you do and keep it very simple. I absolutely love to cook, but things are just a bit to hectic right now for me to keep up with everything. My new go to is cottage cheese with yoghurt ... Never thought I would like cottage cheese but now I'm hooked lol. 

6 hours ago, Ladybugzzz86 said:

Tyvm Trish :) always so wonderful to hear from you and all your wisdom ;) I think for this week coming up I am going to do much like what you do and keep it very simple. I absolutely love to cook, but things are just a bit to hectic right now for me to keep up with everything. My new go to is cottage cheese with yoghurt ... Never thought I would like cottage cheese but now I'm hooked lol. 

❤️ Simplicity was my best friend during the active losing phase, and it still is during the week with my baby boy :) 

In my opinion, the less you have to think about your food, the better. And I tried to shift my thinking into “food is fuel” mode. It really works. I still like the occasional “pleasure” meal, but really it’s all about nourishing my body now. Cottage cheese is great...I love it. My go to is usually yogurt these days, but I’ve always loved cottage cheese. It’s a good thing to get hooked on!!

On 6/29/2018 at 6:55 AM, Ladybugzzz86 said:

Had a tough week this week. My back is flared up, can barely walk but still pushing myself to go to physio - I don't want to feel like a failure. Then before bed last night I got my power bill (finally), which ended up being 1200$ ... O.O

Money stress is very real right now, its like everything is getting more expensive. I am working the 12 steps now with OA, its online which is pretty cool I think. The current step works own accepting our own choices when it comes to food and addictions, because often we are influenced by others, our emotions, and every other little thing we can use as an excuse to compulsively eat basically. So I'm doing my best to keep my emotions in check, realizing that food won't fix anything  going through. Which brings me to my last point - I am getting super homesick for my wife during the week. I only get to see her maybe one day because I'm out of town 5 days, and her work schedule also. Wouldn't be as much of an issue if she wasn't also my best friend. And when I get back home for just that short time, I feel so..... Lost. Like ripped out of my routine? So its very much a catch 22 situation. I guess I just needed to get it of my chest. When I leave to return to rehab on Mondays, it feels like my heart gets ripped out. 

Goal this weekend - plan my meals, stick to it, and try to be mindful of any thoughts and feelings that could creep up to sabotage my efforts. 

Happy Canada day weekend everyone ;)

I must've missed a lot.  Are you out of town bc of work or bc of rehab therapy (what for?)?  Either way, it is hard to be away and out of your routine and home and away from loved ones.  Sorry about the pain you're experiencing and money stress is so terrible.  {{{HUGS}}}

Howdy @CheeringCJ <3 

It is very hard being away from home this long, but I am doing OK with it so far I think. Just need to talk about it to keep the food monsters at bay lol. So for the past 12 weeks I have been going to rehab which is basically reconditioning for mind and body since my back injury back in 2015. This means I have to stay at parents house 5 days a week to attend. I am doing my best to make the most out of the program, but yeah it has been really tough with the traveling, increased pain, and being away from home. And of course there are other stressors from staying at my parents place - but I am very grateful to have a place to stay. Sorry, not trying to complain lol. But this week I think I will follow the advice of everyone above and just keep it simple! :) And you're right @Nana Trish - food is nourishment, I really do have to shift my thinking to this. I will get there :)

5 hours ago, Ladybugzzz86 said:

Howdy @CheeringCJ <3 

It is very hard being away from home this long, but I am doing OK with it so far I think. Just need to talk about it to keep the food monsters at bay lol. So for the past 12 weeks I have been going to rehab which is basically reconditioning for mind and body since my back injury back in 2015. This means I have to stay at parents house 5 days a week to attend. I am doing my best to make the most out of the program, but yeah it has been really tough with the traveling, increased pain, and being away from home. And of course there are other stressors from staying at my parents place - but I am very grateful to have a place to stay. Sorry, not trying to complain lol. But this week I think I will follow the advice of everyone above and just keep it simple! :) And you're right @Nana Trish - food is nourishment, I really do have to shift my thinking to this. I will get there :)

Glad you're working on it and hopefully improving so you can go home full-time (with less pain!). This has been a big year for you....in all sorts of crazy ways, but just think where you'll be at your one year surgiversary!!  You'll be a happier, healthier and stronger (physically and emotionally!) new woman!!! You can do this!

Awe, thanks so much for the support @CheeringCJ - you are totally right! I have already come a far way, and I know it is just going to keep getting better. I am super determined to be a better me, and I just have to be super careful with my trips home because those are the hardest times for me. I feel Like relaxing/celebrating ... Which is so easily linked to sneaky food choices. I will carry on though, one day at a time :)

7 minutes ago, Ladybugzzz86 said:

Awe, thanks so much for the support @CheeringCJ - you are totally right! I have already come a far way, and I know it is just going to keep getting better. I am super determined to be a better me, and I just have to be super careful with my trips home because those are the hardest times for me. I feel Like relaxing/celebrating ... Which is so easily linked to sneaky food choices. I will carry on though, one day at a time :)

Yep you can and you will do this!!!  One day at a time is how we are all given our days, so make the most.of each one! Try going for a walk with your wife (and pets) instead of rewarding your week being away/apart with eating a treat! Replace old habits with new ones!

On 6/30/2018 at 11:39 AM, Ladybugzzz86 said:

Thank you for your message, you just reaching out makes it that much easier for me, better than even a magic wand. Big hugzzz to you @NerdyToothpick , its just nice to know sometimes that although we all have our own trials on this journey, at the end of the day we are not alone. 

I’m glad you have a warm and supportive wife who cares enough to deal with your rehab needs. I know it’s hard but the work will pay off. Much love to you and your wife. xo

@Ladybugzzz86...I hope I didn’t make it sound like shifting your thinking about food is easy. It’s definitely NOT, lol. I’m just barely there myself. You will get there though, for sure ❤️

On 7/7/2018 at 3:13 PM, Nana Trish said:

@Ladybugzzz86...I hope I didn’t make it sound like shifting your thinking about food is easy. It’s definitely NOT, lol. I’m just barely there myself. You will get there though, for sure ❤️

Thanks Trish, you give me hope! Its just like exercising a muscle, its going to take time but I know I can get there :)

On 7/9/2018 at 11:40 AM, Ladybugzzz86 said:

Thanks Trish, you give me hope! Its just like exercising a muscle, its going to take time but I know I can get there :)

You can and will absolutely get there!! If I've learned anything from this process, it's that it's a learning process, lol...if that makes any sense. I'm learning new things everyday that help me stay on track, and why I couldn't pre op. Some of the old food demons will probably always try to trick you, but the further along you get, the better you are able to fight them off.  ❤️

Thanks @Nana Trish, pizza has been haunting my thoughts lately. So even though it wasn't done until after 7pm (my food cut off time for the next week) I ended up making stuffed ricotta peppers to help cure the urge tomorrow I am hoping lol

I mentioned to my mother a few days ago about my cravings, and her reply to me was well I would really like a slice too! Smh, not very helpful at the time lol. Ah well, it is what it is

1 hour ago, Ladybugzzz86 said:

stuffed ricotta peppers

That sounds both delicious and a very smart coping mechanism for pizza cravings! Good for you. 

So sorry that I missed this thread, LB! I never, ever thought that I ate when I was not hungry. I am recently finding out that is not true.

I have not been eating junk since surgery. I eat healthy food. BUT, I am eating it at times that I am not truly hungry. This is my battle right now.

Hang in there. We will both make it through this and end up very healthy and happy! ;)

Awe thanks guys :) And the pepper was delish BTW ;)@Readytobeme you are totally right, we will get there. One bite at a time if need be :D