Hi Everyone,  *waving*

The last time I was here was back in October of 2017 when I was considering the surgery. @BurgundyBoy Remember my main concern was carbonation in mineral water and champagne? Well, I'm now 9 days out from surgery. It was a very long wait as my insurance wanted me to wait 6 months from my doctor's appt. Silly me, I thought I needed to get all my tests done first before that appt. so it was delayed. Anyhoo, it finally happened and I've made it through my first week. Phew. Talk about messing with your mind! First few days I wanted to shoot the TV for the pizza ads.

@NerdyToothpickRemember my complaint about the ad for Superior Donuts?  (TV sitcom) They used to show a rack of fresh baked donuts for the background of their ad. It has mysteriously disappeared! (the picture, not the show) Something tells me I'm not the only one who instantly wanted to go out and buy donuts after seeing that!

So, I lost 10 lbs the first week. Whoot! And am feeling great. Ready to run a marathon! Well, maybe not. Not a runner. Not even a walker. Dancer? Oh, hell, yes! I've decided this will be my mode of exercise until I can get back in the pool and yard in 2 more weeks. So far I'm using a walker and doing laps in my very small cottage. (I moved the furniture around so I can go around the table.) 

One problem, I work at home and am not ready to get back to work yet. That's a real bummer because no work, no pay. Just another mental hurdle to jump.weight.png

Welcome back!  And great job on losing 10 pounds so far!!  We are here to support you on your weight loss surgery journey.  :)

Welcome back!  Glad you are on the mend!

Good to see you posting!

3 hours ago, CelticGirl said:

Hi Everyone,  *waving*

The last time I was here was back in October of 2017 when I was considering the surgery. @BurgundyBoy Remember my main concern was carbonation in mineral water and champagne? Well, I'm now 9 days out from surgery. It was a very long wait as my insurance wanted me to wait 6 months from my doctor's appt. Silly me, I thought I needed to get all my tests done first before that appt. so it was delayed. Anyhoo, it finally happened and I've made it through my first week. Phew. Talk about messing with your mind! First few days I wanted to shoot the TV for the pizza ads.

@NerdyToothpickRemember my complaint about the ad for Superior Donuts?  (TV sitcom) They used to show a rack of fresh baked donuts for the background of their ad. It has mysteriously disappeared! (the picture, not the show) Something tells me I'm not the only one who instantly wanted to go out and buy donuts after seeing that!

So, I lost 10 lbs the first week. Whoot! And am feeling great. Ready to run a marathon! Well, maybe not. Not a runner. Not even a walker. Dancer? Oh, hell, yes! I've decided this will be my mode of exercise until I can get back in the pool and yard in 2 more weeks. So far I'm using a walker and doing laps in my very small cottage. (I moved the furniture around so I can go around the table.) 

One problem, I work at home and am not ready to get back to work yet. That's a real bummer because no work, no pay. Just another mental hurdle to jump.weight.png

Hi @CelticGirl  I’m 9 days out from surgery too!! So excited for the future and getting healthy again! Congratulations on your 10 lbs lost!!:D

Welcome back and congrats on the surgery! It sounds like your head is in the right place to be successful :) Positive, optimistic, yet determined. Good for you!

16 hours ago, CelticGirl said:

Hi Everyone,  *waving*

Just remember that well aged older Champagne has less fizz than newly bottled Champagne. When you feel like you can chance a glass just be sure to have your friends and admirers open up a bottle of vintage stuff for you. ;)

(If wine is a gateway drug for you, drink Perrier!)

More seriously congratulations on your surgery and best of luck with improvements in the orthopedics end of things. Long road for me but for the first time in several years not using a cane anymore. 

5 hours ago, BurgundyBoy said:

Just remember that well aged older Champagne has less fizz than newly bottled Champagne. When you feel like you can chance a glass just be sure to have your friends and admirers open up a bottle of vintage stuff for you. ;)

(If wine is a gateway drug for you, drink Perrier!)

More seriously congratulations on your surgery and best of luck with improvements in the orthopedics end of things. Long road for me but for the first time in several years not using a cane anymore. 

@BurgundyBoy Thank you for the well wishes. Congrats on retiring your cane! I don't really have a physical problem with orthopedics. For me it's mental. Don't like running and walking is only fun when I'm in a beautiful place where I want to relish my surroundings. But you should see me rush through Costco! Talk about speed walking! LOL Not big on shopping either.

Actually, there has already been an amazing development. I have TMJ which makes me wake up in great pain from gritting my teeth all night. I was taking 4000 mg of Tylenol at a time to get rid of this pain because I'd built up a major tolerance since the year 2000. Now I only need to take 1- 500 mg tabs and I'm good. This surgery has also saved my liver! I don't know how making my stomach smaller contributes to this, but I'm sure glad.

Regarding the Champagne, before my surgery I tried a new one and it sucked. Too Brut. So that's my last memory of it. No cravings what-so-ever. LOL.  To tell you the truth, I didn't drink much because of the calories and water weight.  I just wanted to make sure that I didn't have to say good-bye for life. Now the club soda/seltzer water I do miss terribly. Can't drink iced tea after 4:00 because I won't sleep. Crystal light is so sweet. Plain water bores me, but it does work. Hope I can drink Perrier soon. But for now my stomach is way too gassy so I totally understand why I can't drink carbonation. 

It's good to re-connect. Very glad to hear about your success. 

Take care,

10 hours ago, Jen581791 said:

Welcome back and congrats on the surgery! It sounds like your head is in the right place to be successful :) Positive, optimistic, yet determined. Good for you!

@Jen581791 Thanks, Jen, getting better every day!

19 hours ago, Animalrescuer18 said:

Hi @CelticGirl  I’m 9 days out from surgery too!! So excited for the future and getting healthy again! Congratulations on your 10 lbs lost!!:D

@Animalrescuer18 Goody! We're also the same age. That's just perfect.  I was hoping to meet someone  starting at the same time to go through this with. Never dreamed they would be the same age.:o

Thanks for the congrats. BTW, was looking at your ticker tape, did I read that right? You've lost 22 lbs in 9 days?

Holy Moly woman, you're my new hero! You must tell me your secret.  Hope to have many more conversations. 

Take care,

21 hours ago, cinwa said:

Good to see you posting!

@cinwa Thanks!

22 hours ago, Cheesehead said:

Welcome back!  Glad you are on the mend!

Thanks @Cheesehead!

22 hours ago, Res Ipsa said:

Welcome back!  And great job on losing 10 pounds so far!!  We are here to support you on your weight loss surgery journey.  :)

@Res Ipsa Thank you so much! I'm feeling the love already!:rolleyes:

6 hours ago, CelticGirl said:

@Animalrescuer18 Goody! We're also the same age. That's just perfect.  I was hoping to meet someone  starting at the same time to go through this with. Never dreamed they would be the same age.:o

Thanks for the congrats. BTW, was looking at your ticker tape, did I read that right? You've lost 22 lbs in 9 days?

Holy Moly woman, you're my new hero! You must tell me your secret.  Hope to have many more conversations. 

Take care,

Hi @CelticGirl 271 was my starting weight when I joined this forum. My weight at surgery was 255 so I’ve lost 10 lbs since surgery. Many more lbs to go but I have a good start! Hope you’re feeling well after surgery. I’m doing great just struggling to get all the fluid in with this new tiny belly:D

2 hours ago, Animalrescuer18 said:

Hi @CelticGirl 271 was my starting weight when I joined this forum. My weight at surgery was 255 so I’ve lost 10 lbs since surgery. Many more lbs to go but I have a good start! Hope you’re feeling well after surgery. I’m doing great just struggling to get all the fluid in with this new tiny belly:D

Hi @Animalrescuer18  Oh, that makes sense. Congrats!  Yes, getting used to the tiny bell is a challenge. I'm finally getting into a routine of getting all the protein in. :D