KarenBos

Plastic Surgeons for Contouring Boston MA Area

I'n still likely 5 or so months from reaching goal, so at least 9ish months  before I will be ready to start the body contouring procedures, but I would like to start researching who to see for consults, which I hope to start towards the end of this year. That will give me time to figure out finances...

At my age I don't want to wait too long as I suspect the older one is the more difficult the recovery.

As I have not had bariatric surgery I can't get recommendations that way... I was hoping some here could offer suggestions. 

When I'm ready for the surgery I should be roughly 200lbs below my max weight, so I need just about everything (including a drooping backside!), although I don't have back rolls.

Money matters but results and safety are very important as well.

So I would appreciate anything anyone who had it done in the greater Boston area is will to share about who they went to, what they had done, and how things went for them.

Thanks,

- karen

Ask your other dr's who is a good PS in your area. They will probably have a recommendation. 

Wow how exciting to get that much skin removed. I bet you feel better.

20 hours ago, Stephtay said:

Ask your other dr's who is a good PS in your area. They will probably have a recommendation. 

Thanks for the suggestion.

I will ask my GP, but he does not deal with massive weight loss patients so does have any personal experience seeing results from his patients. He would likely ask other MDs.

I would love to hear from those with actual experience locally if possible.

- Karen

21 hours ago, Brenda B. said:

Wow how exciting to get that much skin removed. I bet you feel better.

Hi Brenda,

I have not had it yet... Right now I'm at about 195lbs so at least more 30 to go to get to the right weight, then I need to stay there AT LEAST 3 months (maybe 6) before any sugery... The earliest would be some time next year

- Karen

On 7/14/2018 at 2:56 PM, KarenBos said:

Thanks for the suggestion.

I will ask my GP, but he does not deal with massive weight loss patients so does have any personal experience seeing results from his patients. He would likely ask other MDs.

I would love to hear from those with actual experience locally if possible.

- Karen

My OBGYN referred me to my PS. Medical communities tend to be small - even in a place like SF where I am or Boston. I have found doctors tend to know each other and if not personally, than by reputation. Many PS perform their surgeries in surgery centers rather than hospitals but have admitting privileges at area hospitals in case something comes up that a surgery center can't handle. So, they tend to get around and know lots of doctors.

I've actively been on this board for 5+ years and I cannot think of anyone who had plastics in your area. You could search this topic and if you find someone, PM them. Or, talk to people on realself.com. Warning - there are lots of gross pictures and horror stories on that site - mainly from people who've gone out of the US for their plastics. But, lots of great reviews and good info too on US doctors. Good Luck with your search!

22 hours ago, Stephtay said:

I've actively been on this board for 5+ years and I cannot think of anyone who had plastics in your area. You could search this topic and if you find someone, PM them. Or, talk to people on realself.com. Warning - there are lots of gross pictures and horror stories on that site - mainly from people who've gone out of the US for their plastics. But, lots of great reviews and good info too on US doctors. Good Luck with your search!

The way real self is set up I don't know how many of the reviews are real ... some seem like advertising... and then there is the case when their are a lot of positive reviews but with server; very negative ones for the same procedure... I just feel that info from here would be more reliable... but if no one here has had significant work done around Boston, I'll have to look elsewhere.

Thanks,

- karen

43 minutes ago, KarenBos said:

The way real self is set up I don't know how many of the reviews are real ... some seem like advertising... and then there is the case when their are a lot of positive reviews but with server; very negative ones for the same procedure... I just feel that info from here would be more reliable... but if no one here has had significant work done around Boston, I'll have to look elsewhere.

Thanks,

- karen

Karen, I would call up the programs at Mt. Auburn, Tufts, the Brigham, Newton Wellesley, and MGH to find out who they refer to. There is a lot of plastic surgery done in this area! 

I would follow @BurgundyBoy‘s advice. Mt Auburn recommends a practice in Cambridge that will provide the consult for free. I wish I could give you the name of the practice. Call their weight management center. I have found them to be helpful and lovely. 

Edited by NerdyToothpick
Ugh. Autocorrect

@KarenBos

Hi Karen, how did this turn out for you? Just curious. 

2 hours ago, BurgundyBoy said:

@KarenBos

Hi Karen, how did this turn out for you? Just curious. 

I will do that... I hoping to set consults up at the end of the year if I get my weight down enough...

It looks like I may have hit a plateau right now in that. I'm finding keeping the weight loss going now is getting harder. The last 35ish lbs (won't know for sure what my final goal should be until I'm closer to it) may take longer than I thought, so the plastics will be farther off than I had hoped!

Thanks,

- Karen

2 minutes ago, KarenBos said:

I will do that... I hoping to set consults up at the end of the year if I get my weight down enough...

It looks like I may have hit a plateau right now in that. I'm finding keeping the weight loss going now is getting harder. The last 35ish lbs (won't know for sure what my final goal should be until I'm closer to it) may take longer than I thought, so the plastics will be farther off than I had hoped!

Thanks,

- Karen

Happens to most people. I think I've been on a long stall for 7 months.... ;)