Nicolebklyn

One week out in Brooklyn

Anyone else in Brooklyn?!

Hi! So I’m one week out from my sleeve surgery (SW 200, CW 189, GW 140). I had my surgery at Mount Sinai in Manhattan. Hard to believe down 10 pounds in one week. I know everyone says it isn’t magic, but honestly it feels like it.

I have some other problems like gastroparesis when I started but so far so good. I spend a decent amount of time pacing during meals. And I admit I really miss strange things at odd times like tacos or grilled meat. And I really miss solid food and sometimes carbs. I just tried scrambled eggs but that’s apparently too ambitious at this point. 

Even up until just now I’ve found that this is testing some of my friendships. That’s been really hard to find out I just can’t rely on some people the way I thought I could. 

And it’s a long journey to go in the weight loss part then forever in maintenance. But so far I’m optimistic and really happy with my decision. I hope you all are too! Good luck!

Edited by Nicolebklyn

Hey! I had my sleeve on the same day! We’re twins:D I am so happy I have the surgery behind me. Now comes the part of getting used to a whole new way of feeding my body. It still amazes me at how little my stomach will hold. I’m down 10 lbs also! It does feel magical! Good luck to you!!

It's sounds like you're doing amazingly well at one week out! Good for you. And your positive attitude will help in the weeks ahead, as well. 

Things will get a lot easier as you move through the food stages and start to figure out what works for you. Be patient with yourself and take things as slowly as you need. It's a long journey.

Welcome to the losers bench Nicole!

Welcome! Hope all is going well!!