Sign in to follow this  
tchau

Climbing gym

Went to a climbing gym yesterday and used muscles in ways I normally don't. I'm sore today but that good kind of sore where I know I did something really great for my body. For anyone who is interested but hesitant to try - climbing is more lower body that upper. You don't need to be able to do a pull up to climb. (I couldn't do a pull up if my life depended on it.) And, if you don't want to go high on the wall, you don't have to. You can get a great workout and have lots of fun staying on the holds that are just a foot or two off the ground. 

7 hours ago, Stephtay said:

Went to a climbing gym yesterday and used muscles in ways I normally don't. I'm sore today but that good kind of sore where I know I did something really great for my body. For anyone who is interested but hesitant to try - climbing is more lower body that upper. You don't need to be able to do a pull up to climb. (I couldn't do a pull up if my life depended on it.) And, if you don't want to go high on the wall, you don't have to. You can get a great workout and have lots of fun staying on the holds that are just a foot or two off the ground. 

Sounds like fun! I know they have a rockwall on the cruise I will be on in January. I was debating whether or not to attempt it, but I think I will have to now lol. I have done some in the past, as well as high angle rescue with the fire department but was worried I wouldn't be able to anymore since my back injury and weight gain. But I think its worth the try :D