tracyringo

Hemorrhoids , ugh

13 minutes ago, tracyringo said:

Thank you @Gretta, I am feeling much better today.  

I'm so glad you are feeling better, Tracy!!! This all sounds like a horrible ordeal. I hope the worst part has passed, and you are on the road to healing ❤️

2 minutes ago, Nana Trish said:

I'm so glad you are feeling better, Tracy!!! This all sounds like a horrible ordeal. I hope the worst part has passed, and you are on the road to healing ❤️

Thank you for your prayers and kind words Trish. I really appreciate it. The man upstairs heard all the prayers.

19 minutes ago, tracyringo said:

Thank you for your prayers and kind words Trish. I really appreciate it. The man upstairs heard all the prayers.

❤️❤️❤️

I spoke too soon.  I am having such a hard time and think I have busted some stitching. Calling the Dr. Office in the morning. I have been in bed or laying on my couch now since Monday .  The pain is unbearable at times and all I can do is cry. I have lost 5 more pounds in the 9 days and I can't even be excited about it.. Hoping I will make a full recovery by 8/9 my 1 year surgiversary.

Please continue to pray for me, thank you.

Prayers being sent your way @tracyringo. My sister had the same procedure a year ago, she also went through a very hard time during her recovery. It took a few weeks, like yourself she had to be very careful with her diet, and swore by sitz baths. I hope it all starts getting better soon, and I am very sorry you have to go through this. Big hugs to you (((Tracy)))

1 hour ago, Ladybugzzz86 said:

Prayers being sent your way @tracyringo. My sister had the same procedure a year ago, she also went through a very hard time during her recovery. It took a few weeks, like yourself she had to be very careful with her diet, and swore by sitz baths. I hope it all starts getting better soon, and I am very sorry you have to go through this. Big hugs to you (((Tracy)))

Thank you so much @Ladybugzzz86 I need all the prayers I can get.  What kind of diet did she do ?  I am scared to do anything other than what I am doing. I am going to stick with it until Tuesday and then start adding high fiber foods, one thing at a time I guess.

How is your sister now ? Is she glad she had it done or not ?

8 hours ago, tracyringo said:

Thank you so much @Ladybugzzz86 I need all the prayers I can get.  What kind of diet did she do ?  I am scared to do anything other than what I am doing. I am going to stick with it until Tuesday and then start adding high fiber foods, one thing at a time I guess.

How is your sister now ? Is she glad she had it done or not ?

Hey Tracy. Her diet, for the first week was mainly liquids because of the pain. Second week pretty much progressed to soft foods, lots of yoghurts, cottage cheese, and soups. She did have one hiccup that week, was terrified she tore something. But everything did work out just fine, it just felt like it took forever because of the amount of sensitivity in that area. Overall, she is very glad she had it done, but she does get the odd flare up, then has to recheck her diet to make sure she's eating right. By the sounds of it you are doing everything right Tracy, just baby steps with the food. And Sitz baths too if you find they help. <3

I got on the scale and it read 189 ?  You think I would be happy but I am so miserable. Going to have the Dr. look at my wound today,  I am so lost.:blink::(

The Dr. said I was okay, but I am still in a lot of pain.  The scale read 187 this morning !!  Kinda scary,  I haven't been in the 180s since I was a teenager !!

@delilas how long does it take not to have pain everyday?  I still am not sitting because of pain and if I stand too long I start feeling pressure which starts to be painful.

23 minutes ago, tracyringo said:

The scale read 187 this morning !!  Kinda scary,  I haven't been in the 180s since I was a teenager !!

Yeah for you!!  Are you going to stick with your 180 pound goal weight, or try losing more to see if your goal weight should be below 180 pounds?

8 minutes ago, Res Ipsa said:

Yeah for you!!  Are you going to stick with your 180 pound goal weight, or try losing more to see if your goal weight should be below 180 pounds?

I gonna go to where my body takes me.  96lbs was the 60% for the sleeve and I just hit the 70% !!!  My surgeon told me I could lose just as much with this sleeve as the bypass and I have done just that !!  I just don't want to lose so much that it would be hard to maintain. Plus I carry weight pretty well, a lady I know freaked out when I told her my weight. She said I look like 140ish and at this size back in high school I had people tell me the same thing. I will be posting pics for my 1 year surgiversary next month.

@tracyringo Hope you are feeling better!  If you are still on a liquid diet I hope you are including lots of fiber dissolved in it... a trick from my childhood was to drink mineral oil to grease up one's stools, my doctor friends say it is still pretty effective...

As @Res Ipsa suggests you can lose after your 1 year surgiversary! Good luck!

6 hours ago, BurgundyBoy said:

@tracyringo Hope you are feeling better!  If you are still on a liquid diet I hope you are including lots of fiber dissolved in it... a trick from my childhood was to drink mineral oil to grease up one's stools, my doctor friends say it is still pretty effective...

As @Res Ipsa suggests you can lose after your 1 year surgiversary! Good luck!

@BurgundyBoy thanks for the tip, will have to get some mineral oil.  As far as pain goes today is the first day I have had minimal pain, but when standing and a few steps I get dizzy and cant see(looks like a cloud)anything but whiteish  gray. I am assuming it is because I have not been able to eat much at all for the last 12 days. Will call the Dr. office Monday. 

On 7/4/2018 at 5:58 PM, tracyringo said:

I spoke too soon.  I am having such a hard time and think I have busted some stitching. Calling the Dr. Office in the morning. I have been in bed or laying on my couch now since Monday .  The pain is unbearable at times and all I can do is cry. I have lost 5 more pounds in the 9 days and I can't even be excited about it.. Hoping I will make a full recovery by 8/9 my 1 year surgiversary.

Please continue to pray for me, thank you.

OH, Tracy!!!! I truly do feel for you. :( I am so very sorry that you are going through this. I can only imagine how bad the pain is. When mine were bleeding it was excruciating.

Still sending prayers and gentle (((hugs))) your way.

2 hours ago, tracyringo said:

@BurgundyBoy thanks for the tip, will have to get some mineral oil.  As far as pain goes today is the first day I have had minimal pain, but when standing and a few steps I get dizzy and cant see(looks like a cloud)anything but whiteish  gray. I am assuming it is because I have not been able to eat much at all for the last 12 days. Will call the Dr. office Monday. 

Please do call your Dr on Monday, Tracy. I hope that you have someone there with you to help you get through it. So very sorry.

11 hours ago, Readytobeme said:

Please do call your Dr on Monday, Tracy. I hope that you have someone there with you to help you get through it. So very sorry.

@Readytobeme it will be the first thing I do .  Thank you for your prayers. I just trying to get through one day at a time (1 hour at a time really)

On 7/6/2018 at 3:22 PM, tracyringo said:

The Dr. said I was okay, but I am still in a lot of pain.  The scale read 187 this morning !!  Kinda scary,  I haven't been in the 180s since I was a teenager !!

@delilas how long does it take not to have pain everyday?  I still am not sitting because of pain and if I stand too long I start feeling pressure which starts to be painful.

You should be feeling considerably better by now. Similar to our bari surgeries, the first few days are rough and then theres usually some time day 4-6, you wake up and feel considerably better. Our office usually tells people to avoid fiber until stitches are out, but that varies a lot by office.

I'd definitely call them and have it looked at, increasing pain can often indicate an infection. Any fevers or chills, large amounts of discharge, etc - I'd hit an ER rather than wait for the clinic. I hope you're feeling better by now, sorry for the lag in my response time!

2 hours ago, delilas said:

You should be feeling considerably better by now. Similar to our bari surgeries, the first few days are rough and then theres usually some time day 4-6, you wake up and feel considerably better. Our office usually tells people to avoid fiber until stitches are out, but that varies a lot by office.

I'd definitely call them and have it looked at, increasing pain can often indicate an infection. Any fevers or chills, large amounts of discharge, etc - I'd hit an ER rather than wait for the clinic. I hope you're feeling better by now, sorry for the lag in my response time!

I am always medicated so I don't know about fevers, but I do have a yellow-greenish discharge from the back part of the wound that I keep gauze on. They keep saying the discharge is normal.

57 minutes ago, tracyringo said:

I am always medicated so I don't know about fevers, but I do have a yellow-greenish discharge from the back part of the wound that I keep gauze on. They keep saying the discharge is normal.

Tracy,,, I don’t believe that yellow—-greenish would bee a normal discharge color, I haven’t had that surgery before but discharge from a wound should be red to pink to pale pink, slightly yellow.  Anything green would be a sign of infection and I’d be sure to call and have that checked out tomorrow.  Do they have you washing it with a bottle of something or sitz baths to clean it?

43 minutes ago, CheeringCJ said:

Tracy,,, I don’t believe that yellow—-greenish would bee a normal discharge color, I haven’t had that surgery before but discharge from a wound should be red to pink to pale pink, slightly yellow.  Anything green would be a sign of infection and I’d be sure to call and have that checked out tomorrow.  Do they have you washing it with a bottle of something or sitz baths to clean it?

I take sitz baths with just plain water every 2 to 3 hours,

I have to agree with CJ. A greenish discharge is not usually a good sign. I would guess that infections would be fairly easy to get in that area. I am hoping that is not the case but at least you may get some relief soon if it were.

23 hours ago, tracyringo said:

I take sitz baths with just plain water every 2 to 3 hours,

are you feeling any better?  did you call your dr today?  

2 hours ago, CheeringCJ said:

are you feeling any better?  did you call your dr today?  

They say its normal, then I found a health site with others that had it done and they say can have it up to a month.

I am feeling better today.  I have been reading it can take a month or two to recover. Today is first day I didn't take narcotic meds, so I happy about that.

9 hours ago, tracyringo said:

I am feeling better today.  I have been reading it can take a month or two to recover. Today is first day I didn't take narcotic meds, so I happy about that.

Being able to drop the heavy duty pain medication is a step in the right direction Tracy.  Keep your face to the sun ... hugs.

14 hours ago, tracyringo said:

They say its normal, then I found a health site with others that had it done and they say can have it up to a month.

That’s a step in the right direction. What an ordeal!  Hope every day from here on out shows improvement!