Hi, I'm new here and I'm starting this journey with a positive attitude. .

I've gone through my 6 month classes and I'm really grateful for everything that I've learned. It has definitely helped me prepare for my upcoming surgery.

I'm having VSG on July 9th. On one hand I'm a little nervous, on the other hand I"m excited to get the weight off and start living life to the fullest.
I know there is a lot of info here, but I was hoping to maybe hear from some of you who have just had your surgery, and how you are doing.

Thank you,

Edited by vickeyanne62

Welcome! It's normal to be nervous (& excited). I think you'll find it's easier than you expected. I'm so glad I did it.

Welcome! I am just over 6 months post op, and like Gretta, do not regret it one bit. Feel free to ask any questions, of course :)

Welcome to Thinner Times Vickey!

Welcome @vickeyanne62!  I had my VSG one year ago!  I have gone from 234# to 150#, from a size 18 or 20 to a size 8 or 10!  It has been life changing for me.  Congratz on your pending surgery!  I think most of us worried/were apprehensive prior to surgery, but trust me, this is a positive change that will help you for the rest of your life.  No regrets for me :) 

Welcome! Your surgery will allow you to become thin, healthy and more active. We are here to support and inform you on your weight loss surgery journey. :)

Welcome to TTF and congrats on your decision. July 9th is just around the corner. 

I had RNY, not VSG, but there is a big group of successful and happy sleevers here who will have a lot of wisdom to share with you.

Welcome 4 months vsg and feel liberated from my constant thoughts of food . Nearly 50 pounds down v happy x

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and advice. I see a lot of success on here that's very encouraging.
I have to get down 9 lbs to get to where I was at the beginning of the 6 months. It's not easy, but I have to 
do it by my surgery date 6/9. 

You can do it .....food prep for the week is always my stand by plan as it means you don't have think and its always ready in the fridge so you don't steer off

Welcome to TT Vickey!

Welcome, and know that this is the last time you are fighting your current stomach size to lose the weight! I'm four month post op this week, and am SO happy I had the surgery! The biggest change for me so far is that I have real hope for the future. I have hope and trust that I can live the rest of my life in health. With this tool the statistics are finally on my side. I can do this! 

The hardest part so far has been losing weight before surgery. I found I was grumpy on the protein shakes and low calories. Ever since my surgery the hunger is SO different and I can now work on learning new lifetime habits and let go of bad habits. 

You are SO on the right track for finding this forum and doing your research. You are setting yourself up for success. Good luck and stay active on the site! :)