VSGPA

New to the forum. VSG scheduled for 6/26!!!!

Hello all! This site is wonderful! 

My surgery is scheduled for 6/26! I’m very excited. I started the process of finding a surgeon mid December and have been undergoing insurance approval, tests, etc. And now my turn is almost here! 

A little nervous but I’ll be ready. Some of the things that I worry about managing are not drinking with meals, post surgery constipation, the fact that I’m currently a sugar attic, will this weight loss help me to control my primary hyperhidrosis (my hubby calls me furnace head!), will I be able to reduced my hypertension meds...

This forum will help me research most of my concerns. 

Thank you so much for making it available to everyone and those of you willing to share and support others in the various stages of this journey. 

I have never regretted having weight loss surgery as it allowed me to gain control over my body and my health, and also allowed me to become much more active.  Your pre op worries are normal, but you will find almost certainly not a real issue.  As long as you stick to a post op diet that is high in lean protein and low in carbs, you will do fine.  You will need to drink lots of no or very low calorie liquids after your surgery.  

We are here to support and inform you on your weight loss surgery journey.  :)

Welcome! Don't bother worrying about those things. You can definitely handle all of them. And you'll be more than willing to since the benefits are so rewarding. The 26th is soon! Very exciting!

Welcome! You’ll get through all the hurdles, one by one as they arise, and if you’re finishing up your six months of pre-op, you’re already seeing some success, I imagine. 

There are definitely some lifestyle changes we have to agree to (I call it my deal with the devil - yes, I can be thin as long as I agree to follow the rules!) but they’re not really that bad, and the upside is a whole new awesome way of living. It’s natural to be anxious, but you will get through it. 

Thank you for the encouragement! 

Sorry to be a little late in welcoming you to Thinner Times - I don't know how I missed your first post.

Tomorrow is your big day!!  Congratulations and welcome to the club!!

Welcome!  Tomorrow's the start of your new gloriously healthy life!  Let us know how you're doing when you can :)

Welcome and our thoughts will be with you tomorrow!!! It will all be great. I haven't regretted it for a moment! The first day in recovery is the worst you will ever feel, and all is "down" from there! :) 

Thank you so much for your kind words ladies! 

I will keep you all updated post op! 

17 hours ago, VSGPA said:

Thank you so much for your kind words ladies! 

I will keep you all updated post op! 

Thinking of you today - I'm warming up a spot on the losers bench for you right now.

5 minutes ago, cinwa said:
17 hours ago, VSGPA said:

Thinking of you today - I'm warming up a spot on the losers bench for you right now.

I'm thinking of you too! Good luck! I'm fairly new to the losers bench, and the view is great from here! We're here to welcome you to join our team!