Trish13

Thoughts on this Protein Powder?

So I've been hearing a lot about BossLady Lean protein shake. My understanding is it's not gritty and it's super fine powder which allows it to mix up very well. Even at almost a year out I still have a problem with protein shakes and I think a big part of it is the grittiness along with the taste. I was thinking about trying this but wanted to get your thoughts on the nutritional value I was trying to compare it to unjury and it's not too far off. Also, if anyone has try this let me know how it is!

20180616_112301.jpg

20180616_112333.jpg

Have you tried the Premier Protein pre-made shakes (sold at Walgreens, Costco and Amazon)?  No grit and really quite tasty - especially the chocolate flavored ones.

I've heard that they can be a little on the sweet side which wouldn't suit me and they're a hefty price (Amazon: $69.00/30 servings with 17g protein).  But your tastes may be different to mine.

@Res Ipsa....they gag me so badly...lol! I really really want to drink them but they are not even going down the hatch at all!

@cinwa....that's my fear, that it will be too sweet. Wish I could find a sample pack since it's so expensive. Might reach out & see if they can send me one..what do I got to lose? Just would love to be able to drink a shake - even if just once a day! Sigh...

For no grit, I like Muscle Milk. I buy the 40 gram protein one and drink half. It's thick like a shake and satisfies me. And since I'm only drinking half, the cost isn't too bad. 

Have you tried the Carnation Breakfast Essentials No Sugar Added (blue box) powder mixed with your own skim milk?  You can buy it at most major supermarkets and it is tasty (especially the chocolate flavor) although it is not quite as high in protein as a protein shake. My weight loss surgery clinic strongly recommended this drink to people who did not like normal protein shakes. 

22 hours ago, Res Ipsa said:

Have you tried the Carnation Breakfast Essentials No Sugar Added (blue box) powder mixed with your own skim milk?  You can buy it at most major supermarkets and it is tasty (especially the chocolate flavor) although it is not quite as high in protein as a protein shake. My weight loss surgery clinic strongly recommended this drink to people who did not like normal protein shakes. 

I've also seen people recommend "double milk" for that purpose: putting powdered milk into the milk, and making the Carnation Breakfast with that. That's the protein of the milk, the powdered milk, and the Carnation, all in one drink!