NerdyToothpick

Cheese pizza nearly killed me today.

Recommended Posts

@cinwa, @NerdyToothpick, @Aussie Bear And @TammyP, thanks!! My last mammo had to be done in 2 separate scans (?) smashes(?) for each angle they needed to examine, because the boobs were TOO BIG TO FIT ON THE PLASTIC TORTURE DEVICE!! Lolol :lol: But seriously, they were, and the tech gave me a hard time when I asked her for a thyroid guard to use during the mammo. Until she discovered that I needed so many extra films taken. Then apparently, in her mind, I was justified in asking for it!! Grr! So yeah, not looking forward to the discomfort or the inevitable WLS discussion that will follow when I tell her how much weight I’ve lost. Should be a blast...a little party for my boobs! 

@tracyringo...good for you!! I only WISH I could get a breast reduction covered. I’m starting to have more upper back symptoms now, so maybe it will be a possibility. I’m hoping because of my spinal stenosis it might happen. I know they don’t weigh 10 pounds each anymore, but a girl can dream :) When is your big 5-0?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, NerdyToothpick said:

@Aussie Bear Yikes!!! Nothing sounds more unpleasant than a mamo for an obese lady in a traveling van. That must have felt cramped. :eek:

 

I’m with @NerdyToothpick on this one!! Too cramped for me!!

We have vans that travel around to neighboring counties in my neck of the woods too. They do free mammo’s for under insured or uninsured women, and those ladies that can’t travel to a hospital or clinic to have one done. I think it’s fantastic, albeit uncomfortable for some.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Nana Trish said:

@cinwa, @NerdyToothpick, @Aussie Bear And @TammyP, thanks!! My last mammo had to be done in 2 separate scans (?) smashes(?) for each angle they needed to examine, because the boobs were TOO BIG TO FIT ON THE PLASTIC TORTURE DEVICE!! Lolol :lol: But seriously, they were, and the tech gave me a hard time when I asked her for a thyroid guard to use during the mammo. Until she discovered that I needed so many extra films taken. Then apparently, in her mind, I was justified in asking for it!! Grr! So yeah, not looking forward to the discomfort or the inevitable WLS discussion that will follow when I tell her how much weight I’ve lost. Should be a blast...a little party for my boobs! 

@tracyringo...good for you!! I only WISH I could get a breast reduction covered. I’m starting to have more upper back symptoms now, so maybe it will be a possibility. I’m hoping because of my spinal stenosis it might happen. I know they don’t weigh 10 pounds each anymore, but a girl can dream :) When is your big 5-0?

I have lumbar stenosis bilateral and it is severe. I have been noticing for the last 6 weeks or more that my mid back has been bothering me and it is the weight of my boobs pulling so I have to wear tight bras which press on my stomach when I eat. It is a vicious circle I tell you. I have medicare and they are going to cover it, but they will not cover anything else is what I was told. They are only covering this because of my back and I have real bad arthritis. I will be 50  February 2 !!  My BMI has to be 30 or less to go see the boob Dr. I should be good to go in 3 months at my 13 month appointment .  You have medicare also don't you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, tracyringo said:

I have lumbar stenosis bilateral and it is severe. I have been noticing for the last 6 weeks or more that my mid back has been bothering me and it is the weight of my boobs pulling so I have to wear tight bras which press on my stomach when I eat. It is a vicious circle I tell you. I have medicare and they are going to cover it, but they will not cover anything else is what I was told. They are only covering this because of my back and I have real bad arthritis. I will be 50  February 2 !!  My BMI has to be 30 or less to go see the boob Dr. I should be good to go in 3 months at my 13 month appointment .  You have medicare also don't you?

Yes ma’am, @tracyringo...I have a Medicare managed plan. I have severe stenosis as well, but it’s mid level, so idk if they would cover me or not. My bariatric surgeon said I’d most likely qualify for skin removal (panniectomy?) surgery due to documented rashes, but I haven’t even begun to check into the breast reduction yet. Up until about 2 weeks ago, my back was feeling sooo much better...I could barely believe it! But it’s starting to cause problems again, and mainly under my bra band.  Just last night I felt like someone was stabbing me just inside of my left shoulder blade. I thought it was a muscle spasm (not that I have much muscle left there), but when hubby went to massage it, it turns out the pain was coming straight from the spine. S I G H S!!! I also have pretty severe arthritis in my back, with 2 discs completely covered with it. Maybe after talking to you, I will check into it. I truly hope you get some relief from this!! I know firsthand what you go through, and it SUCKS!! I’m sorry ❤️

Edited by Nana Trish

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nana Trish said:

Yes ma’am, @tracyringo...I have a Medicare managed plan. I have severe stenosis as well, but it’s mid level, so idk if they would cover me or not. My bariatric surgeon said I’d most likely qualify for skin removal (panniectomy?) surgery due to documented rashes, but I haven’t even begun to check into the breast reduction yet. Up until about 2 weeks ago, my back was feeling sooo much better...I could barely believe it! But it’s starting to cause problems again, and mainly under my bra band.  Just last night I felt like someone was stabbing me just inside of my left shoulder blade. I thought it was a muscle spasm (not that I have much muscle left there), but when hubby went to massage it, it turns out the pain was coming straight from the spine. S I G H S!!! I also have pretty severe arthritis in my back, with 2 discs completely covered with it. Maybe after talking to you, I will check into it. I truly hope you get some relief from this!! I know firsthand what you go through, and it SUCKS!! I’m sorry ❤️

Hmmmmm  very interesting the Dr. told me yesterday that the guidelines have changed and they cant do skin removal surgeries for rashes now.  Wonder if that is just Mercy ?  Weird I will have to check into that as well, when the time comes.  Hope your back gets better

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, tracyringo said:

Hmmmmm  very interesting the Dr. told me yesterday that the guidelines have changed and they cant do skin removal surgeries for rashes now.  Wonder if that is just Mercy ?  Weird I will have to check into that as well, when the time comes.  Hope your back gets better

Do you have straight Medicare? Or a managed plan? It’s very possible the guidelines have changed...I was just going by what the surgeon said. But he did say it’s ultimately up to the insurance company, so no guarantees. I have Today’s Options, so I’ll have to actually call them to know for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Nana Trish said:

Do you have straight Medicare? Or a managed plan? It’s very possible the guidelines have changed...I was just going by what the surgeon said. But he did say it’s ultimately up to the insurance company, so no guarantees. I have Today’s Options, so I’ll have to actually call them to know for sure.

I have straight medicare. I don't know what managed plan is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, tracyringo said:

I have straight medicare. I don't know what managed plan is.

You can get Medicare through certain health care plans, some with drug coverage included (which is what I have) with some companies. I think it depends on the state you live in. But my plan covers more than the 80% that medicare covers for most things, so that’s a huge financial help. You might see commercials on TV for Medicare managed health plans, and that is what they are talking about. I actually applied for mine through a medical concierge service through my doctors office. It’s a huge help! Google it, you might be able to get a great savings by switching plans! It’s still Medicare, only better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@tracyringo...idk how to post links, lol

 

C0E223D6-5F62-4C56-A3E2-B30BBCDE5A03.png

5ECEBB70-09A8-4672-B298-3443E1DB3BD2.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now