NerdyToothpick

Cheese pizza nearly killed me today.

I went to a kid’s birthday party and I happily ate the cheese off a pizza. Cheese is my friend, right? I’ve had cheese from a pizza several times and it was just fine. So that means two pieces of pizza (w/o the crust) is fine, right?

No. No. No. It is not even remotely fine. Overeating is never fine. Didn’t I learn this lesson already? 

I have the worst gas I have had since my kind surgeon pumped me full of air to do my surgery. OMG. The gas is so bad that I had to take my bra off. I’m now walking around my apartment and trying to fart as much as I can. The farts are not coming and that makes me sad face. Please tell me that this gas will pass! :D

giphy.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

I’m so sorry my friend!!! I’m hoping you’ve been able to fart out that nasty gas by now! If not, try some GasX. If that doesn’t help, chamomile tea works for me when I have bad gas or an upset stomach. Idk why, but it does. I can’t imagine counting the cheese from 2 pieces of pizza overeating, but if it’s causing you this kind of discomfort, it must be overeating by your pouches standards :( Hang in there my friend...sending gentle hugs and prayers for quick relief

@Nana Trish Why didn’t I think of GasX?? I’m going to run to the bathroom right now!

I think the combo of the grease on the pizza combined with a wee too much cheese is the culprit. Otherwise, I can’t think of what turned me into a gas machine. 

How are you feeling this morning? GasX work? I hope you’re doing much better today!

Be gone!!!!! 

287AB34B-0513-43DC-A1B5-D35372FDE139.jpeg

You poor thing Nerdy - be there, done that and have the leggings to prove it. 

11 hours ago, NerdyToothpick said:

I had to take my bra off.

You had to take your BRA off??

(Hope you're feeling better by now.)

38 minutes ago, Carina said:

Oh yes, I’ve totally been there too...bra gets uncomfortably tight when I have gas that bad :( 

Better today???  Gas is a nasty thing....be it inside of you or outside, it's all around nasty. Hope it passed (literally!)

8 hours ago, Nana Trish said:

How are you feeling this morning? GasX work? I hope you’re doing much better today!

I’m feeling much better but have some heartburn. I did a number on myself!

8 hours ago, Nana Trish said:

Be gone!!!!! 

287AB34B-0513-43DC-A1B5-D35372FDE139.jpeg

@Nana Trish GENE FOREVER!! 

7 hours ago, Carina said:

@Carina Yep. The bra had to come off. Everything felt unbearably right. The bra was the first thing to go. 

2 hours ago, CheeringCJ said:

Better today???  Gas is a nasty thing....be it inside of you or outside, it's all around nasty. Hope it passed (literally!)

@CheeringCJ The gas has mostly passed. That was an awful sensation!

11 minutes ago, NerdyToothpick said:

I’m feeling much better but have some heartburn. I did a number on myself!

I’m glad it passed!! But I’m sooo sorry you were suffering :( Did you actually end up taking the GasX?

I have been having the foamies on a semi weekly schedule for a few weeks now, and I’ve had to cut salmon out of my diet for a good long while. I’m suffering right along with you, but for different reasons, sister I made the humongous mistake of trying duck meat at a nice Vermont Inn last week, and it was lodged so tight in my esophagus that I was still throwing up water, 12 hours later! 

16 minutes ago, NerdyToothpick said:

@Nana Trish GENE FOREVER!! 

YES!!!!! :lol:

11 minutes ago, Nana Trish said:

I’m glad it passed!! But I’m sooo sorry you were suffering :( Did you actually end up taking the GasX?

I have been having the foamies on a semi weekly schedule for a few weeks now, and I’ve had to cut salmon out of my diet for a good long while. I’m suffering right along with you, but for different reasons, sister I made the humongous mistake of trying duck meat at a nice Vermont Inn last week, and it was lodged so tight in my esophagus that I was still throwing up water, 12 hours later! 

I did try the GasX. It sure helped! 

Duck is mouthwatering but I bet it was greasy. I’m so sorry that happened to you. Our pouches are delicate and entitled. RUDE!

Where were you in VT? I love it up there. 

1 hour ago, NerdyToothpick said:

I did try the GasX. It sure helped! 

Duck is mouthwatering but I bet it was greasy. I’m so sorry that happened to you. Our pouches are delicate and entitled. RUDE!

Where were you in VT? I love it up there. 

I’m so glad the GasX worked!

We stopped at Ye Olde Tavern in Manchester, VT. It was our first time at that restaurant. It was very quaint, and the waiters dressed in period clothing which was awesome. The building was constructed in 1790. We love places like that. Our own home was built in 1840...so much history :) I’ll attach some pics we took before dinner.

I love duck, but have not had it in several years. I assumed it would be a safe choice, but I guess not. It tasted good, but all during the ride home it got more and more uncomfortable, to the point of having to pull over to the side of the road to vomit, ugh. It wasn’t really greasy at all, but it was WAY more dense than I remembered. Lesson learned, indeed! 

0BF92A07-46A4-4B07-8603-5999DE7E33C6.jpeg

5429089C-26FE-44E1-B405-E5C173D7FA6E.jpeg

DA7020E0-C922-4A30-B25C-2A414965C913.jpeg

5C49E8BC-A543-4819-B3D6-C4872ECD01EF.jpeg

C31F8C7D-100C-432B-825C-EA076C674E02.jpeg

I spit out my last drink of water reading these comments. I know gas is not a funny (fun) thing to happen to you, but thank you for making it humorous! Besides, farts are funny - if you can get them out. I'm so glad we can be free to share these things here!  #stayreal

@NerdyToothpick @Nana Trish

I never had gas so bad I had to take my clothes off.  I'm really afraid to ask more. Trish too bad about the duck, I'm still confit-ing duck legs to eat Chez BurgundyBoy. Maybe that is one of those sleeve vs. bypass things...

On ‎6‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 3:33 PM, NerdyToothpick said:

@Carina Yep. The bra had to come off. Everything felt unbearably right. The bra was the first thing to go. 

I have to take my bra off when I eat 50% of the time because it sits right above my stomach and pushes down causing me so much discomfort !!!! These boobs gotta go !!!

55 minutes ago, BurgundyBoy said:

@NerdyToothpick @Nana Trish

I never had gas so bad I had to take my clothes off.  I'm really afraid to ask more. Trish too bad about the duck, I'm still confit-ing duck legs to eat Chez BurgundyBoy. Maybe that is one of those sleeve vs. bypass things...

Oh, @BurgundyBoy...if you only knew!! HA! The things us ladies do in the name of WLS...lol. 

I truly don’t know if the duck issue was due to a sleeve~vs~bypass issue, or the way it was prepared, or because my stupid pouch has been so sensitive lately. Hard to say. I DO know, however, that I would get past my fear of trying duck again to eat some of your yummy duck confit! 

Just saying...in case I can make it to the Boston get together...hehe

2 hours ago, Brattykid said:

I spit out my last drink of water reading these comments. I know gas is not a funny (fun) thing to happen to you, but thank you for making it humorous! Besides, farts are funny - if you can get them out. I'm so glad we can be free to share these things here!  #stayreal

Love this! :lol: If it’s one thing we do here, it’s keep it real!! You’ll learn more about farting, pooping, not being able to poop, puking, and every other bodily function known to man after reading our posts! Always feel free to share and or discuss anything you are going through...that’s what we’re here for :) 

50 minutes ago, tracyringo said:

I have to take my bra off when I eat 50% of the time because it sits right above my stomach and pushes down causing me so much discomfort !!!! These boobs gotta go !!!

The boobs will go, @tracyringo, trust me on this! 

16 hours ago, Nana Trish said:

truly don’t know if the duck issue was due to a sleeve~vs~bypass issue, or the way it was prepared, or because my stupid pouch has been so sensitive lately.

@BurgundyBoy

Duck has been the biggest layer of my food pyramid for the last couple of weeks because the part of France I’m in is famous for it. Confit does especially well, but it’s all gone down well for me (thank goodness).  For a vegetarian (ex vegetarian at this point, apparently?), I’ve been very into duck for the last couple of weeks! 

Maybe you can give it another shot sometime in the future if you’re feeling brave.

@NerdyToothpick sorry about the pizza. I had some for lunch today (first time I’ve really tried to eat pizza since 2016...) and it was tough going. Fortunately I haven’t been missing it, so I may give it a pass in future. 

Edited by Jen581791

47 minutes ago, Jen581791 said:

Maybe you can give it another shot sometime in the future if you’re feeling brave.

I think I’ll probably give duck a try again in the future, but it’ll be a while, lol. The last time I had it was at the Sagamore Resort, and it was succulent and very tender. I have to get past the “OMG That made me so sick and hurt so bad” phase, and I’ll be good :D

I’ve tried pizza a few times since surgery, and as long as it’s from a certain restaurant we like, I don’t have any problems with it. Yes I eat the crust too, I know <GASP>, but I can only eat about 3/4 of a slice. I have no trouble with pizza, but duck and salmon kill me...go figure!