Jabsie

Reconnecting

Hi Everyone! It's been a while so I wanted to check back in and reconnect with my peeps :P

Never thought it would happen but it did. I got comfortable, over confident, and took my eyes off the road......then BAM! regain. About 6 months ago, the demands of my career increased dramatically and I let it divert my attention away from what should have been my highest priority, my health. My weight had been stable up until that point but I regained about 25 lbs at what felt like break neck speed. There's no mystery as to what I need to do. I know what works, I just need to do it. Posting here is part of that.

Hoping this note finds you all well. XO - Jabsie

Sounds like you have it down to a plan ...you CAN do it !.!

So good to see you! You're right, you know what to do. Remember you're a weight loss superstar, and this is just another chance to show off your mad skills. Let's do this thing. Hugs.

Welcome back. I think staying connected with people going through the same thing is a huge help so being here is a great idea! 

Howdy Jabsie, and welcome back to TT :)

21 hours ago, Jabsie said:

Hi Everyone! It's been a while so I wanted to check back in and reconnect with my peeps :P

Never thought it would happen but it did. I got comfortable, over confident, and took my eyes off the road......then BAM! regain. About 6 months ago, the demands of my career increased dramatically and I let it divert my attention away from what should have been my highest priority, my health. My weight had been stable up until that point but I regained about 25 lbs at what felt like break neck speed. There's no mystery as to what I need to do. I know what works, I just need to do it. Posting here is part of that.

Hoping this note finds you all well. XO - Jabsie

I've always thought it grossly unfair that it takes no time, thought or energy to gain weight and it is so hard to take it off.  Actually even harder keeping it off.  I was put on some meds for Restless Legs Syndrome this winter that came with a side effect of compulsive eating (reawakened my food demon!).  Put on 10 pounds like overnight but more importantly felt out of control for the first time in a long time.  Had to get that nipped in the bud ASAP! 

Good for you for recognizing that it was time to get back on track before 25 became 50.  You can do this!

Welcome back!  You’ve got this!