NerdyToothpick

I’ve shocked a few people this weekend

I saw friends who I hadn’t seen since March 2017. That was a month before my surgery. I had told them about the surgery but had forgotten that they hadn’t seen me in a while. Needless to say their jaws dropped wide open when they saw me. My friend Jared kept asking me “how do you feel” until I asked him “am I not supposed to be feeling well?”. That’s when it hit me that he hadn’t seen the new me. The nicest thing about our conversation was he seemed happiest about my diabetes being in remission than the weight loss. 

Today I saw someone who admitted they had been confused the last time they saw me (a couple of months ago). I told her about WLS (more on that one in a separate post) and everything clicked for her. She was amazed and had nothing but kind things to say. 

Needless to say, it’s been a great weekend. Hooray!

Truly a great story - thank you for sharing it! :)

Good for you .....HAPPY day 

That sounds awesome! Always nice to get feedback like that :-)

So fun!  And the perspective is right, diabetes in remission is definitely#1, but being able to fit in little toothpick jeans, ranks right on up there in the satisfaction gauge!!!! ;) 

@NerdyToothpick...shocking people since 2017!!! I’m so happy you had a great weekend!!! :wub:

So cool!!!