Sign in to follow this  
Baychick2016

New here and ......

New here and a little technologically challenged so I have much to learn.  I didn’t complete much on my profile as I am currently living under a second court issued protective order and worried about my location being discovered.  That is why I didn’t provide who my surgeon is or the name of hospital etc....   I was never a petite size but after the assault I was barely able to walk for nearly theee years without assistive devices.  First a cane and then a walker.  I had no insurance and didn’t qualify for “assistance” because I owned my own home.   It got to the point that mobility was most difficult even with a walker.  The pain was unbelievable.  I was finally able to get my disability approved and had both hips replaced 6 weeks apart in addition to two other surgeries all in less than 5 months this year.  I still have major issues with mobility and my spine will most likely require surgical intervention but it was suggested that I seriously consider weight loss surgery as a result of the weight gain from a very sedentary life for three years in adddition to my still limited mobility which is interfering with my ability to participate successfully with physical therapy.  

So here I am at this point looking at  the gastric sleeve. I want to be successful in this journey.   I know I will need help and support.  My pre surgery weight loss goal is 10 pounds and post op is 100 pounds.

There is so much info out there and it is a little overwhelming.  I just want my life back!

Forgive me if too lengthy but this is my embarrassing and humiliating story.  

Welcome!  I think (hope) that I speak for us all when I say that you don’t need to feel bad or embarrassed about keeping specific details private or the path that has brought you here. We’re glad to have you. WLS certainly gave me a  completely new (and much better) lifestyle and I hope it does the same for you. We’re here to support you. Everyone here is so kind and welcoming. Just jump in, posting as much as you are comfortable and you’ll feel like you’re among friends in no time at all. :)

Thank you Athenarose.  My goal is to come out a winner and a functioning survivor of all of this!    

I think having this surgery after already have gone through four is the scariest.  I don’t tolerate pain well and I have difficulty taking meds so it can be quite miserable to say the least.  Then when you through in all the do’s and don’ts preop &  status post the actual procedure  I feel overwhelmed.  

I try to keep in mind that not will this help me lose weight and get stronger physically I will be in a much better position to protect myself in the future.  The person that assaulted me got out of prison earlier this year and to say that I feel vulnerable doesn’t even begin to describe how I feel.  

I sincerely thank you for the kind words of encouragement. 

Welcome @Baychick2016! @athenarose Is right about this group. We are a friendly bunch and you should never feel embarrassed about sharing or not sharing your story. Soon you’ll feel like we are a little like family. Never feel that you have to say more than you are comfortable sharing. 

I can tell you that weight loss surgery is one of the best decisions I have ever made. The second best is joining this group to keep me on track. When I have felt lonely or blue, I have come to the forum to keep my head straight. I hope you can find a home with us. 

I’m glad to see you here :D