Jenn42606

Pre op is next week and I'm sick.

So my pre op appointment is next Wednesday. I have a sinus infection and an ear infection. My surgeon says if your sick do not come in. I'm worried that I will have to re schedule my pre op appointment. If I do then that means the days that my boyfriend asked for off will have to changed and I dont know if his work will be ok with it. Not only that I'm worried that my surgeon will want to re schedule my actual surgery date of the 27th. I already bought my dad a plane ticket that is not refundable and I'll be out money that I dont have to get another flight for him. I will not be able to get him another flight. I dont have the funds. I'm just worried that everything will get rescheduled and I dont want that. 

Assuming you're on medication for the infections?  They should be cleared up by next Wednesday I would think. Keep drinking lots of water and stay positive (I know it's hard) but you'll come out of it!  ;)

Yes, stay on treatment and you should be better by the time of surgery.

You really don't want to have elective surgery while you are sick, nor of course do you want to have the surgery delayed given everything. So stay on the meds and stay positive, the odds are with you!

23 minutes ago, Brattykid said:

Assuming you're on medication for the infections?  They should be cleared up by next Wednesday I would think. Keep drinking lots of water and stay positive (I know it's hard) but you'll come out of it!  ;)

Yes I'm on antibiotics. I feel like crap. I hope I'm better by Monday because if not then we have to reschedule my pre op and surgery dates. No bueno.

15 minutes ago, BurgundyBoy said:

Yes, stay on treatment and you should be better by the time of surgery.

You really don't want to have elective surgery while you are sick, nor of course do you want to have the surgery delayed given everything. So stay on the meds and stay positive, the odds are with you!

Yes on antibiotics. I am drinking water like crazy and about to put my head under a towel by the sink with steam from hot water. Hope this all helps. 

- Consider taking a probiotic to make sure you don't get a some of the intestinal side effects from the antibiotics - it may also help minimize any stomach discomfort after your surgery.

- Gargling/rinsing with salt water - there is an old technique of snorting salt water up your nose to flush it out - might help opening up those nasal passageways that lead to your sinuses. There are these little pots that are sold where you put the spout in your nose and irrigate it. Here is a link to Neti pots for sinus infections...  https://www.webmd.com/allergies/neti-pots#1

1 minute ago, BurgundyBoy said:

- Consider taking a probiotic to make sure you don't get a some of the intestinal side effects from the antibiotics - it may also help minimize any stomach discomfort after your surgery.

- Gargling/rinsing with salt water - there is an old technique of snorting salt water up your nose to flush it out - might help opening up those nasal passageways that lead to your sinuses. There are these little pots that are sold where you put the spout in your nose and irrigate it. Here is a link to Neti pots for sinus infections...  https://www.webmd.com/allergies/neti-pots#1

Been doing it all. Netti pot and other nasal sprays. Thank u. 

Hope you're feeling better, @Jenn42606! Make sure you are getting plenty of rest as well. I don't particularly see any sense in a doc telling you to not come to preop if you're sick - your surgery is still weeks away, you're bound to be better by then. If you're feeling on the upswing come Monday, I honestly wouldn't worry about it much. Colds happen! Sinus infections happen! Focus on hydration and rest and how close you are to surgery :)

Checking in to see how you're doing Jen.

How are you feeling? Antibiotics helping yet? I hope so!!

2 hours ago, cinwa said:

Checking in to see how you're doing Jen.

I am feeling much better. Thank you. Still a little stuffed up and still cant smell or taste. It's been a week of no smelling or tasting :(

Edited by Jenn42606

3 minutes ago, Nana Trish said:

How are you feeling? Antibiotics helping yet? I hope so!!

Yes I feel much better. Thank you. 

Edited by Jenn42606

20 minutes ago, Jenn42606 said:

Yes I feel much better. Thank you. 

I'm very glad to hear that!! Praying that you can move ahead as scheduled with your pre ops and surgery!

Checking in with you @Jenn42606...hope all is well this week!!  Let us know how your pre-op appt goes tomorrow.  :)

Best of luck! Hope everything goes smoothly <3

30 minutes ago, Brattykid said:

Checking in with you @Jenn42606...hope all is well this week!!  Let us know how your pre-op appt goes tomorrow.  :)

I will. Thank you. 

On 6/12/2018 at 1:54 PM, Brattykid said:

Hi, everything went good today. I have exactly 2 weeks before my surgery date. I am good to go.

On 6/12/2018 at 2:25 PM, Jenn42606 said:

I will. Thank you. 

Great news ...will come before you know it

8 minutes ago, Jenn42606 said:

Hi, everything went good today. I have exactly 2 weeks before my surgery date. I am good to go.

That's great news Jenn - not long to go now.

That's great!