codequery

Miserable... please, tell me the nausea ends

I am 5 weeks out post rny and gallbladder removal. First 2 weeks, I did great.  3 weeks or so, I have had all day nausea and dry heaving.

Doc tried a few meds, including Zofran, but didnt work.  I went into er last week and got fluids, they did cat scan and all that and everything physically appears fine.

I keep having to miss work, used all my sick leave and almost out of vacation leave.  

Tell me this ends.  Did anyone else have this nausea crap around 5 weeks out?  When does it end?  I feel like crying and hopeless. It doesnt seem like this will ever end.  I regret this surgery so much.

I was lucky to not experience nausea.  I know two people who had sleeves who had nausea for about that length of time.  One, I know, tried quite a few meds, but really suffered for awhile and then it seemed to dissipate.  She then went on to be quite successful with her weight loss.  I'm sorry to hear this is your experience so far.

My chewable vitamins caused awful nausea for me. My surgeon had to put me on a double dose of Flintstones Complete until I could swallow vitamins. So sorry you're experiencing this. Nausea can be so debilitating. Be sure to hydrate. Dehydration can cause nausea. Have you tried ginger lozenges? 

I wish I had some words of comfort but I didn't suffer any issues when my gallbladder was removed.  However, I did shoot an email to friend who I know had some issues and she told me that her doc suggested cutting way back on fat intake and to try bile salt supplements and that helped a lot.  She also mentioned that ginger tea is worth trying too.