xmandy

This time last year...

I have officially lost 100 pounds!!  I still can't believe it.  To be honest, I don't think I realized just how big I was until this weekend when I put on this dress.  This is the dress I wore last June to my sister's bridal shower (the 1st picture is from a year ago).  The next two pictures are from yesterday.  I was shocked to say the least.  Having this surgery was the best decision I could have ever made!

638039050_June2017.thumb.jpg.5a297972a8fffa390e119ce1f72fafbe.jpg

1652003132_June2018.thumb.jpg.04160da2fadbf774b1acbfd565e65e83.jpg

1387922720_June20182.thumb.jpg.72052d001177323e5b53d885002a5143.jpg

You look wonderful @xmandy!!!  I bet that felt amazing to see the difference in a tangible way.  You are so close to goal!  Way to go woohoooo!!! <3

WOWSA!!! That is cool to try on the old clothes w/ the new body!  Wow!  I just posted to you on your post to Kristin that I hadn't seen you.  it is great to see you here and I feel the same way.  

BEST. DECISION. EVER!!!

So great to see you! Congratulations on the 100 pounds lost milestone. Such a major accomplishment! Awesome!!!

Yep!  Mandy - a picture does speak a thousand words - you are doing an amazing job with your VSG.

That's a pretty dress - can you do anything with it?

Awesome job at taking the weight off. Congratulations on being 100 pounds down!!!

I think that I am/was alot like you. I never realized how big I actually was/am. I really have never been embarrassed in a swim suit at the pool, etc. like many others here describe. I have always been a confident person and felt like it is what it is.

Now that I am losing the weight, I am realizing just how big that I am. Can't wait to get where you are :)

ETA- I also always wear modest swim suits. I am not one to show much skin. Didn't want you guys to get the wrong impression lol

Edited by Readytobeme

Well done, really impressive! You must feel great. 

Wow! Congrats on an amazing milestone! :D 

You look great. I hope you’re really proud of yourself.

To piggy-back on @cinwa‘s post, I think you should have someone tailor something for you out of that dress. It’s pretty fabric, and would be a meaningful piece of clothing. Sort of tube-shaped things, as dresses are, often make good candidates for major tailoring overhauls. 

100 pounds!!! Amazing. Looks like a whole person could fit in with you in your dress!! Cheers.

Great job !!  I am like you also, I never realized how big I actually was until I looked at pictures.

Wow!  Congratulations on losing 100 pounds!

Thank you everyone for your kind words!!  It feels amazing to have come this far.  I can't wait to see what the future holds for me.

@CheeringCJ Between work and going back to school, I feel like I am never on here!  I need to make sure I check in more often.  This board has been a huge support system!  You are doing awesome by the way!  Keep it up!

@cinwa @Jen581791 Great idea about getting it tailored!  I loved this dress.  My grandma has been teaching me to sew.  I'll have to get her to look at it.

@Readytobeme I wore my first bikini back in April when I went on a cruise.  They were high waisted of course but I felt so good in it!  My tummy got a little sunburnt though since it's never seen the light of day lol

Edited by xmandy

On 6/4/2018 at 2:08 PM, xmandy said:

I have officially lost 100 pounds!!  I still can't believe it.  To be honest, I don't think I realized just how big I was until this weekend when I put on this dress.  This is the dress I wore last June to my sister's bridal shower (the 1st picture is from a year ago).  The next two pictures are from yesterday.  I was shocked to say the least.  Having this surgery was the best decision I could have ever made!

638039050_June2017.thumb.jpg.5a297972a8fffa390e119ce1f72fafbe.jpg

1652003132_June2018.thumb.jpg.04160da2fadbf774b1acbfd565e65e83.jpg

1387922720_June20182.thumb.jpg.72052d001177323e5b53d885002a5143.jpg

Congratulations!!!!!!!! You look great! So excited for you!