Sign in to follow this  
Stella p

Newbie to all this

Hi, I'm 10 days post op and struggling with the exhaustion, and what fluids I can have. 

Welcome to Thinner Times Stella!

You need to check your programme but mine allowed for water (with or without sugar free flavour enhancers), a few slices of citrus fruits makes for a refreshing drink, milk, decaf tea, decaf coffee, protein shakes of course, milk, clear broth or bouillon.  No carbonated drinks.  

Slim & Save Water Flavourings, Pure Flavour and Volvic, Stur and other sugar free water flavourings are all worth trying.

Welcome Stella! @cinwa covered all the drinks. The exhaustion will pass. Be kind to yourself. I know it feels like you don't have the energy for it, but really try to walk a little each day.

Exhaustion is your body saying slow and steady please. 

Each week you will feel better . It will pass . But short walks and lots of rest for now. 

Thank you everyone xxx

Hi Stella. Sorry for the delay in reply. Welcome to the forum!

Hang in there and things should get better quickly.

Hi, I'm now in week 3 and taking fluids and blended smooth soups but struggling with variety...any suggestions? Also i'm not sure if this is normal but I do t seem to have lost weight? Am I expecting to much to soothe :-/ 

That will change soon Stella - the liquid/pureed phase can get a little old but it won't be long before you'll be on the next phase.  In the meantime, take a look at The World According to Eggface - she has some great pureed recipes.

Don't worry about the scales  - they'll just drive you nuts.  Follow the programme and the weight will come off.