Rager2Sharp

What are some fun or new things you can do now that you have lost the weight?

6 hours ago, Ladybugzzz86 said:

Have only lost 80 pounds so far, but I agree... Sex is soo much better haha. Not only that, but I find myself living more - perhaps a near death experience also helped in this department lol. 

My partner and I have finally pinned down a wedding date for Jan 21/2019 on a cruise going to the Caribbean. I have put this off for about ten years because I hate getting my picture taken due to my size. Put off vacations too because of activity intolerance, and money problems because most of it really went to food - sad but true! So yeah, prepare to live more, a fuller, happier, and healthier life ;)

Wow, Bugzzzy!!!!! This is SO exciting! Please remember to show us at least a few pictures.

Plus, I don't think that only and 80 pounds ever belong in the same sentence together! :P

Congratulations to you both!!!!

Things that are better/ fun to do:

1) I no longer sweat bullets or have body odor. I used to change shirts a couple times a day because pit stains were embarrassing AF.  Husband actually smelled my armpits today after my revelation and confirmed my lack of BO  

2) I can now chase my toddler without being out of breath. 

3) I live near a bike and pedestrian walkway. I can take walks without being winded or pretending that I’m not out of breath. 

4) I can fit into a subway seat without spilling over. This is a huge victory. 

5) I’m no longer ashamed when I meet people or see my husband’s weight obsessed friends and family. 

6) I wear cute t-shirts from the Children’s department  

These are all things that make me feel better about myself. 

13 hours ago, NerdyToothpick said:

@Ladybugzzz86 Yay to getting married! I expect wedding pictures and a kick a$s outfit to match your beauty. Enjoy your time in the Caribbean. By chance, will you swing by Colombia?

I’m thrilled for you.   

Haha, thanks @NerdyToothpick:) pics shall be shared for sure :D My cruise will be leaving from Orlando, going to Labadee, Falmouth, and then Cozumel. So not Colombia this time around, but we are hoping to do a Southern Caribbean on our next adventure :D

13 hours ago, Readytobeme said:

Wow, Bugzzzy!!!!! This is SO exciting! Please remember to show us at least a few pictures.

Plus, I don't think that only and 80 pounds ever belong in the same sentence together! :P

Congratulations to you both!!!!

Thank s so much @Readytobeme, and you are so right - I really need to start embracing what I have lost so far and putting those two things in the same sentence is not doing that :huh:

I have already bought my first dress, just in case I can't find one that I like when the time comes - but I have a feeling it may need to be altered by then lol. 

19 hours ago, Ladybugzzz86 said:

Have only lost 80 pounds so far, but I agree... Sex is soo much better haha. Not only that, but I find myself living more - perhaps a near death experience also helped in this department lol. 

My partner and I have finally pinned down a wedding date for Jan 21/2019 on a cruise going to the Caribbean. I have put this off for about ten years because I hate getting my picture taken due to my size. Put off vacations too because of activity intolerance, and money problems because most of it really went to food - sad but true! So yeah, prepare to live more, a fuller, happier, and healthier life ;)

Congratulations on your weight loss, impending nuptials and embracing a fuller/happier/healthier life! When I was pre-op I read the avg. WLS patient saves about $5K a year on food and drink after surgery. I have found this to be *more* than true for me so the extra $ has made it easier to say yes to all the things I want to do! 

5 minutes ago, Stephtay said:

Congratulations on your weight loss, impending nuptials and embracing a fuller/happier/healthier life! When I was pre-op I read the avg. WLS patient saves about $5K a year on food and drink after surgery. I have found this to be *more* than true for me so the extra $ has made it easier to say yes to all the things I want to do! 

I don't see the savings just yet, but I know I will for sure by the one year mark. (5000 Dollars sounds amazing in my pocket every year lol) So many frozen pizzas I have had over the years it boggles my mind. I did try just a bite of one a few weeks back and I have nooo idea what I liked so much about them because there is no flavour at all. <3 my new lifestyle :) And tyvm for the congrats :D

On 5/30/2018 at 1:47 PM, Ladybugzzz86 said:

My partner and I have finally pinned down a wedding date for Jan 21/2019 on a cruise going to the Caribbean. 

Congratulations!!!:wub:

I can get up out of a seated position without thinking, How am I going to get up ?   

I fell at work today (delivery day, I was carrying a box and tripped over a different one).  I was able to get back up without feeling like a beached whale!  

1 hour ago, Gretta said:

Congratulations!!!:wub:

Tyvm @Gretta, see you there :D

On 5/29/2018 at 10:10 PM, kayak19 said:

not having to read restaurant reviews in order to get a glimpse of their seating before saying yes to eating out

My husband and i recently had an experience where we went to a restaurant that was waaay too busy for me. We stayed and ate anyway, mostly because I'm trying to work through my social anxiety rather than always have it hold me back. At first they sat us at this tiny two person booth (which neither of us could comfortably sit in) so we asked if they could move us to a table (awkward and embarrassing but salvageable) . They were so busy and i felt bad for having to ask, but they said no problem and lead us away.... to ANOTHER booth....that i didn't fit into. I squeezed myself in by scooching the table closer to my hubs (who didn't really have any extra room to begin with) and we pretty much ate in silence (other than him assuring me it was ok if i wanted us to leave). Crap that was embarrassing. Lets never have that happen again <_<

On 5/29/2018 at 10:10 PM, kayak19 said:

the shopping is fun (and a little intimidating at first; good is the enemy of best, we no longer have to buy it in all the colors just because it fit okay)

I've been so overweight my whole life idk if i even have a style other than "does it fit" "get ALL the colors!" :blink: All i can hear is my mother telling be "beggars can't be choosers" when i try something on lol

On 5/30/2018 at 4:47 PM, Ladybugzzz86 said:

That's so exciting Congrats! And you are so going in the right direction with the cruise! <3 

On 6/1/2018 at 6:47 AM, Rager2Sharp said:

I've been so overweight my whole life idk if i even have a style other than "does it fit" "get ALL the colors!" :blink: All i can hear is my mother telling be "beggars can't be choosers" when i try something on lol

My style changed dramatically. I used to be in black, grey and dark green 95% of the time. And I NEVER wore patterns. Even my panties were only in solid colors.

Today I'm wearing this dress with orange strappy heels. You can't really tell in the picture by there are orange accents on the flowers. Before I got to goal I started (and still maintain) a pinterest board of things I wear, want to wear and might some day be brave enough to wear. Thinking about clothes and my changing style is/was a great way to keep my food demon in check. 

Edited by Stephtay

Hey @Rager2Sharp. I wanted to let you know that several of us on TTF have social anxiety and other mental health concerns. Each of us has experienced a situation like the your restaurant moment. Don’t be afraid to reach out. xo

On 5/31/2018 at 12:50 PM, Ladybugzzz86 said:

I don't see the savings just yet, but I know I will for sure by the one year mark. (5000 Dollars sounds amazing in my pocket every year lol) So many frozen pizzas I have had over the years it boggles my mind. I did try just a bite of one a few weeks back and I have nooo idea what I liked so much about them because there is no flavour at all. <3 my new lifestyle :) And tyvm for the congrats :D

I don't see the savings yet either. It seems like I spend more $ on good, quality protein powders, fairlife milk, etc now. Plus, my husband is eating healthier too so we are buying the more expensive foods all the way around.

Oh, I am still in a bit of a hoarding mode as well. When I find something helathy that I am able to eat and I like, I tend to overstock on it. I am working on it though.

@Rager2Sharp I have had more small booth experiences like you have had than I could even count. One of the things that I am looking forward to once I lose enough weight is fitting in to any booth without problem.

We will both get there one day. Then we won't be beggars and will easily be able to be choosy about what we wear! Exciting times ahead.

18 hours ago, Readytobeme said:

We will both get there one day.

You totally will!  Less than a year ago I was always the one to say "Could we have a table, please?" at every restaurant.  If I could squeeze myself in, part of me kind of pressed into the table uncomfortably, and I couldn't lean in to take a bite so a lot of the time I ended up with crumbs on my boob shelf... oh yeah, those were awesome times!

These days I always kind of hope they'll take us to a booth.  There's so much room between me and the table now!  And when I do ask for a table, it's because I'm with someone close to the size I used to be - I ask so they don't have to. 

I was also the lady who couldn't fit into an MRI scanner about a year and a half ago.  Talk about humiliating.  Now I WISH I had a reason to get an MRI, just so I could replace that memory with something better.  I'd totally fit now - and I'm still 50 lbs away from my goal weight. 

You guys will be there before you know it.  So many good things happen along the way to goal - getting there will be great, I'm sure, but the entire journey has been wonderful, and I know it will be for you too! The time goes by so fast, and the weight drops off, and life gets better every day.  You've got so many victories ahead of you!!

Thanks @Rager2Sharp :) I'm sorry to hear about your small booth experience :/ I have had many of those as well, and it never helps the old anxiety issues. But kudos for you for keeping on! It will get easier. I have always found the more control we give these 'bad' feelings over our lives, the worse they get. I will add that last week I went to a restaurant and did not have the dreaded booth too small experience for the first time in yearrrs. Like @Readytobeme & @Kio said, it will happen sooner rather than later :)@Stephtay love the dress! And the Pinterest idea is superb! Might have to start using mine again to try it out :D

Edited by Ladybugzzz86

I once went to a restaurant gathering with work colleagues only to find that we were eating on the patio, ahhhh!  I had to cram myself into an iron chair with side arms.  My body was completely immobile except for my arms, I could barely reach the table.  I was in pain the whole time and went home with huge bruises on the sides of my legs.  I feel thankful every time I go somewhere and the seats work (which is always) and I'm doubly-thankful when once in awhile I realize I went to the gathering, enjoyed myself and didn't have that old panicky feeling of whether or not the seats would work.  I wonder how long it takes for that to go away totally or if it ever will?

On 5/26/2018 at 11:19 AM, Cheesehead said:

Nope, one switch gets turned off (the sweaty one) and a new one instantaneously gets turned on; the “omg, I’m freezing”.  You may never be sweaty again.  80 is my comfort temperature!  

I genuinely cannot wait for that day.  :wub:

On 5/25/2018 at 8:35 AM, Rager2Sharp said:

If you've gotten to goal or close, what are some fun things you have done that wls has made possible? or what are some things you are still dreaming of doing?

Just the general willingness to get out of my shell now and try things that are way out of my norm.

Women complete strangers smile at me a lot now. That is a trip.

LIFE just gets more fun because you can move around so much better.... the vehicle doesn't squash down to the curb when you get in it... you can take stairs a LOT easier- while carrying grocery sacks-- and a toddler.... you can walk into a strange place full of people, and you're just another human, instead of instantly being judged for being huge...  it's fun because when you go to a restaurant with friends, you eat far less than all of them, and you feel so good about that... buying normal-dude clothes, right off a rack. It's fun but still surreal for me...

I accept myself now. I hated the fat me and lived in a dark place for several years because of it.  

And yes sex IS better.

My eating habits will never be the same and every day I'm a little happier about that.

Riding all the rides at the county fair with my granddaughter and not once worrying about fitting.  Being brave enough to date again (after being a widow for 8 years) and finding the second love of my life!  Going zip-lining the morning of our wedding and not worrying about fitting in the harness :)

Shopping with friends and not sticking to buying purses and shoes because that's all that possibly worked in their normal sized spaces.

Sex...oh baby, the sex :) 

Life is so good

Have my knees knock. Knock knock knock, ...

(In the past my thighs kept them from touching)

Walking...walking, walking, WALKING!! Lol :) No, I'm really not a freak, lol...but I've been pretty much confined to a wheel chair for the past 2 years, and any distance walking whatsoever was out of the question. I have to push my wheel chair when I walk, but I'm up to a mile and a half in one shot now! Not a big accomplishment compared to what the other folks here can do, but it's huge for me! I can also walk up my stairs (long staircase) and not be half dead when I reach the top. I used to be wheezing and sweating buckets at the top, and now I'm not even breathing hard. I even went with my hubby to a small fishing/tackle shop that was too small to accommodate my chair, and I went in with him and stood on my own for about 25 minutes. I could have never done that last year at this time :) 

41 minutes ago, Nana Trish said:

Walking...walking, walking, WALKING!! Lol :) No, I'm really not a freak, lol...but I've been pretty much confined to a wheel chair for the past 2 years, and any distance walking whatsoever was out of the question. I have to push my wheel chair when I walk, but I'm up to a mile and a half in one shot now! Not a big accomplishment compared to what the other folks here can do, but it's huge for me! I can also walk up my stairs (long staircase) and not be half dead when I reach the top. I used to be wheezing and sweating buckets at the top, and now I'm not even breathing hard. I even went with my hubby to a small fishing/tackle shop that was too small to accommodate my chair, and I went in with him and stood on my own for about 25 minutes. I could have never done that last year at this time :) 

So happy for you; that must really feel great!

Just now, Carina said:

So happy for you; that must really feel great!

Thank you, @Carina!! It did feel great!