Lyds85

I wish I didnt have to wait 18 months...

This 18 months after surgery wait to ttc is really bumming me out. We tried about a year before my surgery with no luck. I knew waiting 18 months was the deal when I got my vsg done. But now im only 3 mos post op (50 lbs down) and I have baby fever. I cry all the time because I want to have a baby and it seems like everyone is pregnant but me. Hubby and I currently use condoms and I use the bc pill. I feel like just not doing any bc anymore because the urge to have a baby is so strong. Im age 33 and hubby is 43, so I feel like time is ticking away and Ill never have a baby :(

Try to think about this time not as "waiting" but as "preparing".  You are getting healthier every day preparing the best possible start for your little one and indeed conception is likely to happen more easily at a lower weight.  Certainly you will have a safer pregnancy at a healthier weight.  And, you will be establishing healthier eating habits, so that you little one will grow up knowing how to eat healthy.  You are so incredibly lucky...your children will never know "fat Mom that can't fit in the roller coaster seat" like mine :)

3 hours ago, msmarymac said:

Try to think about this time not as "waiting" but as "preparing".  You are getting healthier every day preparing the best possible start for your little one and indeed conception is likely to happen more easily at a lower weight.  Certainly you will have a safer pregnancy at a healthier weight.  And, you will be establishing healthier eating habits, so that you little one will grow up knowing how to eat healthy.  You are so incredibly lucky...your children will never know "fat Mom that can't fit in the roller coaster seat" like mine :)

I love everything about this post. @msmarymac you are ALWAYS spot on!

27 minutes ago, Stephtay said:

I love everything about this post. @msmarymac you are ALWAYS spot on!

Aw, thanks @Stephtay