Sign in to follow this  
middie5

Anthem BCBS

I was wondering if anyone had information on how long it takes for a precertification case to show in Anthem BCBS’s system.  I have completed my requirements for gastric sleeve surgery and the doctor’s office sent the case on May 11th.  I tried calling to get an update on where my case is but was told they do not have any record of a case being started.  Is it possible it can take a week or two before it’s a case is actually opened or should I contact the doctor’s office regarding resending the information?  Any information or tips is appreciated.

Unfortunately, sometimes I think it’s a total crapshoot how long it takes. My in-laws and I have the exact same Anthem insurance (same policy, in the same state, from the same employer, etc). My case was approved the same day the doctor’s office sent it, while my MIL’s took a couple of weeks and was approved literally the day before surgery. It couldn’t hurt to call the insurance coordinator at your doctor’s office and ask.

Thank you for the info.  I got an email from the insurance coordinator at the doctor’s saying she was going to follow up with them this afternoon and would let me know where the process is at.