ReveNReveN

New and looking for weight loss buddies and any advice, suggestions.

This is my first post so I just want to say hello. I had my surgery on Tuesday the15th. It's going ok but I'm just sooo exhausted i know it's to be expected somewhat... but like I don't have the energy to stand for more then 5min without feeling like I could pass out. 

Also, just curious, how much weight is possible to lose this first week. I haven't got on the scale yet and just wanted to know what y'all lost.

Thanks everyone! 

Welcome! I remember being super exhausted post op too. I think I spent a good chunk of the first few weeks pretty much sleeping all the time. Personally, it took a couple months before I fully felt back to normal. Keep resting as needed and listening to your body. In regards to my first week’s loss, it was about 7.5 lbs (I was 245.2 the day before I had surgery and 238.8 at exactly a week post-op). 

Thank you Athenarose! I'm lucky I am not working and my husband helps me so much. 

I thought I would weigh weekly to be consistent but I am tempted to just see. Congrats on the weightloss, you are so pretty. 

Edited by ReveNReveN

1 minute ago, ReveNReveN said:

Thank you Athenarose! I'm lucky I am not working and my husband helps me so much. 

I thought I would weigh weekly to be consistent but I am tempted to just see. Congrats on the weightloss, you are so pretty. 

Awww, thank you!!! FWIW, I weighed in almost daily during my active weight loss. I knew there would be ups and downs and, for some reason, weighing in frequently made me less obsessed and helped me learn my body’s patterns so, when the scale did go up, it wasn’t quite so upsetting. Good luck on your weight loss and I hope you heal up quickly. 

Welcome, ReveNReveN! I too was exhausted after surgery. I actually gained 11 pounds from the fluids that they pumped into me during my hospital stay. It took me a few weeks to see the scale start moving down.

I weigh most days as well. But, I am not one to get upset with stalls or variances in water weight.

I do hope that you heal up quickly and get your energy back soon.

Edited by Readytobeme

Welcome, @ReveNReveN. I was really exhausted for the first couple few weeks. I remember having to lie down and have a rest between taking a shower and getting dressed! Your energy will come back, but it does happen kind of gradually and slowly. 

As for first week losses, I'm afraid I didn't lose in the first week at all due to fluids from surgery. I felt like I must be a failure! However, I now realize I was being pretty unrealistic, like I was going to wake up thin afterwards or something. I lost 5 pounds shortly thereafter, though, and my losses continued steadily after that. It felt like it was taking forever at the time, but looking back, it was pretty fast.

You'll need to figure out for yourself if it's mentally better for you to weigh yourself daily, weekly, monthly, or whatever until you get to your GW. Some people get depressed if they see no change or a little bump up while weighing every day, but others (me) like to keep close watch and weigh daily. I just kept track of the down days, and didn't actually log the same or up days. It made me feel better about things. 

Edited by Jen581791

I also gained 8 lbs in water weight . Lost 14 in first moth but it varies a lot . 

Congrats exhaustion is your body telling you to sleep x

Like others, I gained about 11 lbs during my hospital stay... but it was just water, and it all fell off the first month.  I think there's a graph of my first month's weight loss in my blog, day by day, if you want to see... probably posted around 10/8/2017.  :) 

Be kind to your body,  and let yourself rest. It's busy healing! I wish you all the best! I don't regret my surgery for a second! So glad i did it and so glad I had the nerve to do it. So good on you! 

On 5/21/2018 at 6:16 AM, Kio said:

Like others, I gained about 11 lbs during my hospital stay... but it was just water, and it all fell off the first month.  I think there's a graph of my first month's weight loss in my blog, day by day, if you want to see... probably posted around 10/8/2017.  :) 

Thank you! I will check it out. I think I feel a little better today. I still haven't gotten on the scale but I think that might. It's been a week!

Hello All,

New to this and it’s only my second post. I’m exactly 1 week post-op and am so exhausted. My partner, Mike, is taking great care of me and he is worried I won’t take care of myself as well as he has. In the hospital I had been staying up to hit my med button every 7 minutes for the pain and wasn’t sleeping. He was there during the day and would push it for me so I could sleep-seriously THE best! 

I’ve  only lost about 8-9 poinds from day of surgery but they pumped me full of fluids and had to move my IV around several times. I had 6 incisions and two of which are sooo much more sore and bruised than the others (she must have done everything with those two).  Mike tells me he sees me getting smaller in the tummy area already and I said maybe the swelling is just going down.  This is strange for me since even at 80lbs. lighter I would always suck in and now I can’t yet. So I’m glad he can notice for me.  

I welcome all forms of comments and friends even though I’m not quite sure how this all works. 

:)

Hi all! Also had my op 8 days ago and feeling the strain. Shattered and aching. Also sick of the liquid diet.