kristinwitha_k

Six Months Out and Hey from Italy!

Hey everyone! Short update from Florence about 2/3rds of the way through my trip and on my official six month surgiversary. I was a total Girl Scout for the first week, loosened my restrictions in the second, and am now throwing caution to the wind. But hey: it's Italy. Plus: if I have to eat one more sliced meat and cheese plate I'm going to throw it at someone's head. Also: why do Europeans eschew ice? My stomach hates room temperature water. 

High weight: 387ish. 

IMG_0573.thumb.JPG.3dd64e0a63e98cb0fb92c7fca83d377d.JPG

Current weight: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  (250ish, give or take? Haven't weighed in 2 weeks now.) The clothes you see below are all Old Navy 16/18 or J.Crew XXL or XL. I miss my hair. :-(

IMG_0923.thumb.JPG.094d75922d13d27d05a60284fee61219.JPG20180510_074536.thumb.JPG.89eb4cdbe184faa90a912d44faf348c4.JPG

IMG_0920.thumb.JPG.2aa83015e3e73341e504a508f4575c44.JPG

IMG_0921.thumb.JPG.27e25584878f54c2b78dd9473a5546dc.JPG

Hope everyone is doing great! I haven't been reading any updates, will have a lot of catching up to do when I get back...

Wow! What a beautiful place. I hope you're feeling beautiful in it. You look great. Don't sweat throwing caution to the wind. We'll help you get back on track when you get back. Enjoy! 

Great job so far!  Enjoy Italy and get back on track as soon as you get home.

We are here to congratulate, inform and support you. 

You are looking good, Kristina! What a gorgeous place to celebrate your 6 month surgiversary. Hope that you have a great time!

Looks like you're having a great time! Congrats on your 6 months. You've chosen a wonderful place to celebrate (despite cheese and meat plates and water with no ice) - Rome is a magical city. Enjoy the rest of your trip and the physical freedoms you're now enjoying! You can get back on track when you return. 

Wow you have lost so much in six months . Have a great time .enjoy the fruits of your hard work 

Kristin....you look great and it looks like you're really enjoying Italy (tho you forgot to take.me with you!).  What a difference a half a year has made!  Just imagine what you'll look like in aNOTHER half!!  Enjoy the rest of your trip (and honestly I hate room temp water....it's always nauseated me!)

I am positively glowing with envy!  What a lovely place, and a lovely vacation!  You look amazing.  Can't blame you for relaxing the restrictions a bit in one of the best food nations in the world... we'll be here to nag you back on plan when you come home.  :)  You look so happy in these pics... and I bet everything is a lot easier with what is it... 135 lbs gone????  \o/

@kristinwitha_k  Great photos and you are looking wonderful! What a lovely vacation! 

(Was in northern Italy August last year... and decided gelato was a protein food ;).  Like you grew somewhat weary of cheese and salami plates at restaurants but that was my choice  --- our apartment allowed me to cook up some lentils and other pulses for variety)

You look wonderful! Enjoy yourself and don't let those negative voices in your head take over. I was just in Europe for two weeks without any possibility to weigh and I was worried that not being "perfect" with my diet would cause issues, but I ended up 2 pounds down when I got home! The important thing in my life is to feel I can enjoy vacation, but not make gelato or wine or ..... those vacation temptations an everyday treat once I return home (as they used to be). What happens in Italy stays in Italy! :p 

Enjoy the new you in a beautiful country! Take lots of photos! 

You look great and I love the pixie cut!  I wish I had the courage to go that short, but I'm scared. lol

I'm so jealous of you being in Italy. That's somewhere I have always wanted to visit.  Have fun!!

Thanks everybody for the lovely responses and support! ( @Gretta, @Res Ipsa, @Readytobeme, @Jen581791, @Lankyliz, @CheeringCJ, @Kio, @BurgundyBoy, @EMHMaine, @xmandy - sorry for the group tag but it's easier to just respond to everyone at once. :) )

I got back a week ago today and am now, after dropping water weight all week, down 8 pounds from my pre-trip weight. Some of that I was due to lose before I left (the way my cycle works) and surely some of that is from this last week, but I feel pretty damn good about 8 pounds in a month, considering... 

Getting back on track hasn't been picture perfect, but it hasn't felt impossible, either. It's nice to feel so relatively in control - to just say no, this is how I eat now, regardless of whatever junk I put in my body on vacation. I'm still getting over the last dregs of carb cravings, but things are coming along. I also ended up with a UTI, which may have been in part because of how much I struggled with fluids. That was NO FUN. (I also suffered from various weird afflictions throughout: a sun allergy rash, a stye, the heaviest period I've had in a decade, and some mystery bug bites. But I loved every second regardless!) 

@BurgundyBoy - I absolutely agree that gelato is a protein source. I like the way you think. ;) It was nice to be traveling with people who didn't mind sharing, because we would get a medium cup for the three of us and that was really all the more I needed. Twice I decided I needed my own cup, and both times I regretted it (sometimes I'm a slow learner... ha). 

@xmandy -- thanks! I love my short hair. I always encourage people who want to do it to go for it. It's hair, it grows back! 

On 5/31/2018 at 11:46 AM, xmandy said:

You look great and I love the pixie cut!  I wish I had the courage to go that short, but I'm scared. lol

I'm so jealous of you being in Italy. That's somewhere I have always wanted to visit.  Have fun!!

@xmandy...where have you been?  You look phenomenal in your pic!!!  And you lost 100# (at least...if your stats aren't  up to date, maybe even more!).....you are amazing!  I reembmer you having your surgery just before mine and you have blown it out of the water, Girlfriend!!!  Good for you!  Fill us in when you can, I'd love to hear an update from you!

Sorry to crash your post, Kristin, I just haven't seen Mandy in a long time! :) 

8 pounds lost! Phenomenal!!!

I’m late in catching up but wanted to chime in. These pictures are fantastic and you look absolutely radiant! I’m happy about your losses while on vacay. :)

Regarding the sun rash, look up Polymorphic Light Erruption (PMLE). I’ve suffered from this syndrome for years and it’s harmless but uncomfortable. I’ve learned some tricks to avoid the rash so hit me up if you have questions. 

Muah! Congrats again!