Res Ipsa

Come to the 3rd Annual Boston TTF Get Together - July 28, 2018 at 11 am

As the annual Boston area TTF get togethers the past two summers have been a lot of fun, we are going to have another one this summer.  It will be at 11 am on Saturday, July 28, 2018 at Castle Island Park on the South Boston waterfront.  Everyone is invited! 

If you can make it (or have any questions), let us know by posting on this topic or by sending me a message.  

We will meet outside Sullivan's - which has very good food, including a lobster roll (I suggest that you eat the lobster and skip the roll :rolleyes:).  Sullivan's is right next to the park's large (and free) parking lot.  The views from the park of Boston Harbor, the City, and Logan Airport are amazing.  More information on Castle Island can be found here:

https://www.boston-discovery-guide.com/castle-island.html

The park has a wonderful circular walk , as well as nice playground, a historic fort, and lots of open grass.  It is a great place to view large and small ships, as the entrance to Boston's Harbor next to the park is quite narrow.

Along with me (Res Ipsa - Geoff), tmcgee (Tom) and other TTF members will be there.  We hope that lots of you (from Boston, New England or anywhere else) will join us!!  It should be a lot of fun.

castle_island_zpsf82a12ad.jpg

Sure would love to! But too far away for now.

I’ll be there!!! 

Sounds like an awesome experience. I'll try yo make it next year, I've never been to Boston so I would like a week to experience the history. 

It's in the calendar! I may have a work conflict but I'll try to reschedule it. Best BB

I WANT TO GO!!! If hubby can shift his work schedule around, we will be there!! Fingers and toes crossed...

:D

1 hour ago, Nana Trish said:

I WANT TO GO!!! If hubby can shift his work schedule around, we will be there!! Fingers and toes crossed...

:D

And we want you here!! :D

1 hour ago, Res Ipsa said:

And we want you here!! :D

:wub: Thank you, @Res Ipsa!!! It would be a privilege to meet you and the other Bostonites :) and of course any of the other awesome members of this forum  

Bostonites? Bostonians? Lol...

Edited by Nana Trish

Bostonians!  =D 

And I have a confession to make.  Last year when I was invited to this, I WAS busy... but the real reason I didn't end up going is I was afraid.  I was still over 300# and pre-surgery.  I thought I'd eat too much or the wrong things, and I would be the only fat person in the room, and I wouldn't fit in any booths (I didn't even know if there would be booths, but any time I went out to eat I was always afraid there would only be booths), and I wouldn't be able to walk with you guys if you wanted to do the circle walk.  At that point I could still only walk about the length of a basket ball court, and that with a lot of pain. I was also still new to the forums, and didn't know how awesome you guys are.  And I didn't know then how it feels to have "been there" - how much you really do want to encourage and help the people who are coming along behind you.

It's a year later now and I really wish I'd found a way to make it work - because then you would all be able to see how far I've come!  I'll happily sit with you all in any booth you choose!  But I also know that you would have understood my issues in a way no other group of near-strangers could have, and made accommodations, and would have been so supportive and encouraging. 

I hope any newbies who might feel the way I did back then to know - you're just at the start of a journey we're all on, and any gathering of WLS people will be a super understanding and judgement-free gathering.  I'm sad I missed the opportunity last year!

Lol, @Kio...thanks for setting me straight!! I knew Bostonites sounded wrong...hehehe :lol:

I know how you must have been feeling last year when the get together came around. I can completely relate. It's much easier to imagine going now that we are several months post op, have our good eating habits in place, and of course can fit into any booth! Knowing now though, how supportive our awesome group is, I also hope that newer members will not feel the same way and be anxious or nervous to go because they aren't as far into the process as everyone else. 

I truly hope I can make it this year!!! It'll be so great to get to know you guys and be able to thank you all in person, for all of the love and support!!!

Woo hoo!! I’m am going to try my hardest to be there! I may be having surgery a few days before the 28th. I’ll keep you posted. :)

On 5/19/2018 at 9:20 AM, Kio said:

Bostonians!  =D 

And I have a confession to make.  Last year when I was invited to this, I WAS busy... but the real reason I didn't end up going is I was afraid.  I was still over 300# and pre-surgery.  I thought I'd eat too much or the wrong things, and I would be the only fat person in the room, and I wouldn't fit in any booths (I didn't even know if there would be booths, but any time I went out to eat I was always afraid there would only be booths), and I wouldn't be able to walk with you guys if you wanted to do the circle walk.  At that point I could still only walk about the length of a basket ball court, and that with a lot of pain. I was also still new to the forums, and didn't know how awesome you guys are.  And I didn't know then how it feels to have "been there" - how much you really do want to encourage and help the people who are coming along behind you.

It's a year later now and I really wish I'd found a way to make it work - because then you would all be able to see how far I've come!  I'll happily sit with you all in any booth you choose!  But I also know that you would have understood my issues in a way no other group of near-strangers could have, and made accommodations, and would have been so supportive and encouraging. 

I hope any newbies who might feel the way I did back then to know - you're just at the start of a journey we're all on, and any gathering of WLS people will be a super understanding and judgement-free gathering.  I'm sad I missed the opportunity last year!

Thank you @Kio for posting this, and I am sorry that we missed meeting you last summer.

To be clear - everyone is very welcome at this event.  Notwithstanding the mention of Sullivans and its food, this is an event to talk, ask questions, enjoy each other's company, provide support, and socialize, not to eat.  

@Res Ipsa Is spot on! I was not quite two months post op when I first met up with Boston TTF folks. I didn’t eat anything and I remember @BurgundyBoy having a tiny cup of soup. I don’t think I was on solids yet and while I knew the cup was small, it felt like BB’s soup container was a giant Punchbowl! LOL

I’m not sure I can make it this year due to my surgery date. I’m going to try my best! 

On 6/15/2018 at 10:29 PM, Res Ipsa said:

Thank you @Kio for posting this, and I am sorry that we missed meeting you last summer.

To be clear - everyone is very welcome at this event.  Notwithstanding the mention of Sullivans and its food, this is an event to talk, ask questions, enjoy each other's company, provide support, and socialize, not to eat.  

Wish I could come .....a little to far for k me....plus we are hay making x

12 hours ago, Lankyliz said:

O Lankyliz it's just across the pond from you... ;)

It's a lovely spot, right on Boston Harbor and you can see out into the ocean. 

13 hours ago, Lankyliz said:

26 minutes ago, BurgundyBoy said:

And the "lovely spot" is close to the location in 1773 where Bostonians (at the Boston Tea Party) dumped English tea into the harbor....  Yes, yes, I know, a waste of good tea.  :D

12 hours ago, BurgundyBoy said:

Sounds just what I need ....another time 

I’m probably jinxing myself by saying this this early before the meet up, but as of right now, it looks like I’m going to be there!! SOOO excited!!!

29 minutes ago, Nana Trish said:

I’m probably jinxing myself by saying this this early before the meet up, but as of right now, it looks like I’m going to be there!! SOOO excited!!!

Yeah!!!

Just a reminder that our annual Boston TTF get together is less than a week away....  :) 

Remember that everyone is invited and welcome to come - weight loss surgery veterans and newbies, as well as folks that are considering weight loss surgery. 

I'll be there with my Saturday best batwings on!

Woohoo, @Kio!!! I can’t wait to meet you!!! Got my Saturday best bat wings on, too!!:lol:

6 hours ago, Res Ipsa said:

Just a reminder that our annual Boston TTF get together is less than a week away....  :) 

Remember that everyone is invited and welcome to come - weight loss surgery veterans and newbies, as well as folks that are considering weight loss surgery. 

My Devin and her boyfriend are tagging along, I hope that’s cool :) 

Looking forward to a photo! :-)

I'm envious but I look forward to the pictures.