Sign in to follow this  
Blueskies

Ground hamburger meat

My daughter's work for a casual Mexican food restraunt. They presure cook their own  beans daily so I have a ready source of whole beans on 2 oz and 4oz cups. Refried beans are also good.

I got real adventurous and had a combo burrito no tortilla (in a bowl). The meat was really soft. My eldest desribes a rake they use when browning the meat. She claims meat is tenderizes by beating fibers or streching them and the rake stretches the fibers and they learn to get the meat soft and in small crumbles but not too small and too mushy.

I thought it was an interesting concept.

Anything to keep hamburger meat from toughening up is a good idea! Do you think your daughter could take a picture of the rake in use? Am curious if it is as big as my yard rake or a little 1 foot job. 

and congratulations on your weight losses, @Blueskies and @Gretta!

I'll see if she can get a pic. They make several pounds at a time in industrial rectangular pans. 

3 hours ago, Gretta said:

Yum!

This ^^^^^^^^

They don't mash it to the bottom but rake it to the back and push against the back of the pan. They are starting with frozen meat.

IMG_9729.jpg

6 hours ago, Blueskies said:

They don't mash it to the bottom but rake it to the back and push against the back of the pan. They are starting with frozen meat.

Ah-ha!  I've finally found a use for the potato masher that hasn't seen the light of day in over 10 years.  I could use that as a rake!  Thank you Blueskies!

A wise meme once said, "We keep the potato masher in the drawer because sometimes it is fun to not be able to open that drawer."

13 hours ago, Blueskies said:

IMG_9729.jpg

Thank you! (Bigger set up than I would use at home, but I get it!)

1 hour ago, Blueskies said:

A wise meme once said, "We keep the potato masher in the drawer because sometimes it is fun to not be able to open that drawer."

Buwhahahahaha!!!! Ain't that the truth? I finally put mine in the round spinning doohickey that most of my other tools are in. HA!