I am 4 days post op and bevause of all the pain meds I am a bit constipated. Does anyone know if there is a stool softener without laxative we can take? Even if pediatric

A lot of people use Miralax. You may want to check with your program to see whether they recommend something else. Don't wait, though. Constipation is no joke.

Colace is not a stimulant laxative.

Docusate sodium (the active ingredient in Colace), works by allowing water and fats to get into the stool. This helps soften the stool and makes passing stool more comfortable. 

I used miralax. It took me eight days after surgery until I had a bm. I used miralax for three days. I haven't had to use anymore. 

I used Miramax, at first the harder bowel movements were more difficult. Now for last 3 days bseen in aganoy. Every time I even sip liquids my stomach cramps and I have to goto bathroom with liquid movements. I guess as the Miralax moves through, I am going less often. However a simple sip of water sends me to bathroom. I think all bypass patients should be given a colon cleanser before surgery. I stopped eating a week before my surgery as I was instructed. Lord how long can this last? I am only consuming clear liquids,and not near amount I should because of stomach issues.