Phoenix97

Creative stevia sweetened lake drink ideas!!! And an ANNOUNCEMENT!

Ladies and gentlemen:

I have reached ONE-derland. 198 pounds. Down from 287!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!  I will attach a pic from Summer 2017 to now. Whoa. 

Anyone who just had their sleeve - and they are hitting plateaus - just stick with it. THEY PASS!!!! They really DO!!!!!!

I was hitting a plateau every other week, I swear. 

Now - the other question:

The girls and I want to hit the lake this weekend. Of course, the alcohol will be flowing. I looked it up and thought maybe there was a light libation I could have. Nope; just not worth it.

SO...that being said - what could be a funky, weird fun drink to enjoy at the lake in the sun?  I *LOVE* Black Cherry Kool-Aid - like in a WEIRD way. I am obsessed with it. Haha. Maybe a sangria with that???? 

Like does anyone have a recipe for something frou frou like kiwi-cucumber-basil-stevia water or something? I am still trying to stay under 20 carbs a day, but I allow up to 50 - 100 on cheat days.  :) Plus I will be floating and swimming ALL day, so I am not concerned about the sugar content of fresh fruit infusions. 

Lemme know your ideas. :) 

yikes.jpg

Congratulations!!!! Such an awesome milestone! Way to go!!! Girl, your skin in that recent photo is so flawless and beautiful!

I don't have many drink ideas. Kool-aid is so smart. I've been loving this lemonade from pinterest. I'm sure you could make it hard lemonade.

8 cups of water

1/2 cup lemon juice

Pinch of salt

1/4 tsp. Stevia (The really concentrated stuff. You will need more if you're using packets).

Job well done!!!

Oooh That does sound good! I am finding sangria recipes and just taking out the alcohol. I am also thinking if it says grape juice, I could Nutribullet pulverize a half cup of grapes with water. :)  Add stevia - boom - grape juice. Haha!  Thank you for the compliment, too!! :) 

Oh my word @Phoenix97 you look fantastic !!!  No way do you look 40s GEESH !!  

Wowzers, Pheonix!!!! You look like a teenager in that second picture! No joke!

Congratulations on doing so very well!!! I needed  this encouragement today as I am in yet another stall. Thanks for that.

I love, love, love my Kool Aid made with Splenda as well. Funny thing is that cherry was my fave pre op. Now it has a metalic taste and I can only tolerate grape. Nothing lemony yet as it upsets my sleeve.

Wow. I hope that I can get to wonderland as quickly as you have. ;)

Wow! Congratulations! You look fantastic and I bet you feel the same way:D  My sleeve surgery is coming up on June 18th. Hoping I do as well as you have!!

My rock on here has been @tracyringo if ANY if you need to gripe... Please let me know. PM me and just GO OFF with your frustrations  nothing off  limits. It helps so much to have someone who understands you and will allow you to use them as a sounding board! If you saw all of our private messages, lol, most of mine start with "I can't believe I'm still the same weight..." I swear. It was stall after stall after stall. Both of us...  and her weight loss would move ... mine was stuck  ... then mine  moved ... hers would get stuck. It really helps.

Sheesh.

The doc explained recompositioning and insulin dependence and why the keto/Paleo thing works so well, it just clicked. 

And it seems like when you read my stats it was fast. NO. IT'S NOT GOING TO BE FAST! I thought ok I'm going to get the surgery and lose like 30 pounds the first month. Nope. I weighed 255 on 12/12. It's 5/11 and I've lost 55 pounds. Awesome? Yes. Fast....? No. Not at all as fast as I normally would thought wls would have been. 

BUT........it keeps coming off.  0.4 pound here 0.3 the next couple of days. Next thing you know you're down another 5 and another 5. You look up and see one year ago you weighed 90 pounds heavier. It's like that hope gives you the wear with all to push through the plateaus. And not to mention ... if I had hit these plateaus before and not had the surgery to have in the back of my mind as a tool, I would have said SCREW THIS CRAP and eaten a gallon of ice cream and gained it all back. It's what I've always have done. The thinking just isn't like that anymore. It's almost like they cut my stomach to be smaller then tweaked my brain to finally understand food, nutrition and never be on a diet again. This is just how I eat. You don't eat healthy, and then go back to your old habits once you lose weight. You eat right and stay right. It's weird! Lmao

Sorry for the soap box! :rolleyes:

You look FANTASTIC!!!  no drink ideas, but couldn't pass up the opportunity to say CONGRATS!!!  (btw, clearly you've found the fountain of youth...wanna share where it is so I can dip in it?!?!) ;)

Onederland!

Welcome to onederland.  We are in the Caribbean and I ask the caretaker how he makes the rum punch-his secret ingredient is to pulverize a can of fruit cocktail.  Can’t even tell it wasn’t a liquid.  He adds oj and pineapple juices.  Many of us were thinking it was passion fruit, lol.  I’m wondering if watermelon and a little lime juice would be good?  There’s also rum extract that can be added...

Congratulations on reaching onderland Phoenix - you're looking really good if you don't mind me saying!

10 hours ago, Phoenix97 said:

My rock on here has been @tracyringo if ANY if you need to gripe... Please let me know. PM me and just GO OFF with your frustrations  nothing off  limits. It helps so much to have someone who understands you and will allow you to use them as a sounding board! If you saw all of our private messages, lol, most of mine start with "I can't believe I'm still the same weight..." I swear. It was stall after stall after stall. Both of us...  and her weight loss would move ... mine was stuck  ... then mine  moved ... hers would get stuck. It really helps.

Sheesh.

The doc explained recompositioning and insulin dependence and why the keto/Paleo thing works so well, it just clicked. 

And it seems like when you read my stats it was fast. NO. IT'S NOT GOING TO BE FAST! I thought ok I'm going to get the surgery and lose like 30 pounds the first month. Nope. I weighed 255 on 12/12. It's 5/11 and I've lost 55 pounds. Awesome? Yes. Fast....? No. Not at all as fast as I normally would thought wls would have been. 

BUT........it keeps coming off.  0.4 pound here 0.3 the next couple of days. Next thing you know you're down another 5 and another 5. You look up and see one year ago you weighed 90 pounds heavier. It's like that hope gives you the wear with all to push through the plateaus. And not to mention ... if I had hit these plateaus before and not had the surgery to have in the back of my mind as a tool, I would have said SCREW THIS CRAP and eaten a gallon of ice cream and gained it all back. It's what I've always have done. The thinking just isn't like that anymore. It's almost like they cut my stomach to be smaller then tweaked my brain to finally understand food, nutrition and never be on a diet again. This is just how I eat. You don't eat healthy, and then go back to your old habits once you lose weight. You eat right and stay right. It's weird! Lmao

Sorry for the soap box! :rolleyes:

AWE:wub: back at ya...It sure has been a ride so far. Always nice to reach out and share and to know we are not alone.

You are so right, it isn't as fast as I thought it was suppose to be either.  It is happening though, one day at a time.

I had a Truly Spiked and Sparkling at a wedding a couple of weeks ago.  Hard seltzer :)

It was light and refreshing and 100 calories, 2 carbs.

Just an option if you decide you'd like to indulge!

I know it is not everyone's meal plan, but my doc said NO carbonated nothing. Ever...again.... haha. Maybe because I used to drink them and he doesn't want me to go back to that bubbly delicious ...sigh...way of life. I do miss my LaCroix!   I ended up making a half water / half coconut water, mint,  cucumber with wild dewberrries and a splash of lemon juice and stevia to sweeten it. It was AWESOME!!!

3 hours ago, Phoenix97 said:

I know it is not everyone's meal plan, but my doc said NO carbonated nothing. Ever...again.... haha. Maybe because I used to drink them and he doesn't want me to go back to that bubbly delicious ...sigh...way of life. I do miss my LaCroix!   I ended up making a half water / half coconut water, mint,  cucumber with wild dewberrries and a splash of lemon juice and stevia to sweeten it. It was AWESOME!!!

My instructions are exactly the same. No carbonation. Ever.

11 hours ago, Readytobeme said:

My instructions are exactly the same. No carbonation. Ever.

My surgeon doesn't approve soda or diet soda, but OK's seltzer if it doesn't cause discomfort.  It doesn't generally, although I don't drink a lot of it, or often.  And I just sip, not chug lol.

22 minutes ago, msmarymac said:

My surgeon doesn't approve soda or diet soda, but OK's seltzer if it doesn't cause discomfort.  It doesn't generally, although I don't drink a lot of it, or often.  And I just sip, not chug lol.

My doc. was against soda but was fine with seltzer water too as it has mineral and trace elements.  San Pellegrino is my choice and I put a spoon in the glass and give it a stir every now and again which helps get rid of most of the fizz.