Sign in to follow this  
Walking555

left side pain

has anyone experienced pain on the left side? abdominal pain that goes into the back? i hear its just my imagination, but im not too sure about that. it can be really painful sometimes.

it could be gallstones...the pain from that is usually felt on the right side, but can be felt on the left (or have deferred pain).  People who lose a lot of weight quickly tend to develop gallstones.  Do you still have your gallbladder?

yep i had my gallbladder removed, its unexplained pain and im not sure what to do, it feels like bad spasms sometimes

36 minutes ago, Walking555 said:

has anyone experienced pain on the left side? abdominal pain that goes into the back? i hear its just my imagination, but im not too sure about that. it can be really painful sometimes.

Are you male or female?

If you are female, it could be from a floating rib that we have on left side. I have had spasm like pains that feel to me like a muscle getting hooked on a rib. I get it when i bend even slightly at times. I have been getting it for many years. My family DR way back when told me it is from the floating rib floating into sensitive places at times.

Not sure if this is what is bothering you but figured it was worth mentioning. Can be quite painful.

I get a waist level left side pain at times....and it can be excruciating. I've always just put it down to a particularly delicate spot in my intestines that can get annoyed when digested food passes through, sometimes a pocket of wind will cause the same pain. My surgeon certainly wasn't concerned when I mentioned it.

It's always worth running stuff like that by your surgeon/PCP.

Is it a new pain or has it been ongoing for a while. Pain just on one side could be a kidney stone?  Any symptoms on urination - blood, urgency, frequency?

If you think it's a possibility - def get checked out - when they get stuck the pressure damages your kidneys.  I had a couple of surgeries for my last one - and the initial stone pain wasn't as bad as you would think (despite having completely blocked urine output on that side).

Although - pretty much any worrisome pain should be checked out even if this isn't a likely cause :-)

this pain is ongoing, it starts from the mid morning to the night time. its a severe cramping pain, it feels like stiffness. its been a real frustrating thing for me. i had a lot of tests done, but i've read many stories and there are complications involved.

How long ago did you have surgery? Could you have an adhesion, e.g. some scar tissue formed around your intestines?

@ burgundyBoy:

I had my lap band- sleeve about 2 years ago. I've been in pain for this amount of years. I feel the situation is unfair.

Edited by Walking555