Sign in to follow this  
Stephtay

Bread Cheese

While travelling in the Midwest this winter I found Bread Cheese at a grocery store. I'm not sure I was ever truly living before I tried Bread Cheese. The name is mis-leading - it is all cheese. No bread and no carbs. I can't find it where I live so I order it from Wisconsin. Most of my protein comes from dairy and it is nice to have an option that isn't cold or room temp. You can bake it or microwave it and the result is about the same. I've tried every flavor I have been able to find - regular, chipotle, garlic, jalapeno, italian, stuffed with cheddar - all are delicious. 

http://www.carrvalleycheese.com/Bread-Cheese/productinfo/3082/

:-O

I need to eat this, like, right now. Do you remember what grocery store you were in? I wonder if i can find it near me or if ordering is the only option. 

Yum!!!

8 minutes ago, kristinwitha_k said:

:-O

I need to eat this, like, right now. Do you remember what grocery store you were in? I wonder if i can find it near me or if ordering is the only option. 

Field Foods in St. Louis. I asked my local grocery store to order it for me and they said they couldn't find it with any of their cheese sources. Since you are in IL and between WI and MO, I have high hopes that you can find it. It is so good! If you order it from Carr Valley directly and spend over $50, shipping is free. Amazon sells it too but the shipping is outrageous something like $20 or $30 just for the shipping! 

I like it so much when we had house guests recently I shameless hid it in the back of the fridge. NO way was I going to share my bread cheese!

29 minutes ago, Stephtay said:

Since you are in IL and between WI and MO, I have high hopes that you can find it. 

I might have good luck at Mariano's or Whole Foods, since their cheese selection is pretty good and sometimes fairly local. Fingers crossed! Last resort I will have to order some directly. This is right up my alley. :) So glad you posted about it! 

3 hours ago, kristinwitha_k said:

I might have good luck at Mariano's or Whole Foods, since their cheese selection is pretty good and sometimes fairly local. Fingers crossed! Last resort I will have to order some directly. This is right up my alley. :) So glad you posted about it! 

If you find it at Whole Foods let me know please.

It looks a little familiar I’m going to check around-I live in WI and the brand name doesn’t ring a bell.  Now fresh squeaky cheese curbs are da bomb.  But I’m gonna look for this.  What’s the caloric count?

50 minutes ago, Cheesehead said:

If you find it at Whole Foods let me know please.

It looks a little familiar I’m going to check around-I live in WI and the brand name doesn’t ring a bell.  Now fresh squeaky cheese curbs are da bomb.  But I’m gonna look for this.  What’s the caloric count?

I'll for sure let you know! It looks like 100 calories per ounce, with 6 g of protein. So about standard for regular cheese. 

Oh, YUM! I WILL be ordering some of this. May be next month but so going to get some. Thanks for the link and the info @Stephtay