I was wondering what is the biggest adjustment that you have had going from sleeve to bypass.  I have been so comfortable with my sleeve and never wanted bypass.  

However, due to GERD I need a revision.  Emotionally I am very conflicted.  Something I know I have to do but I am having a hard time even thinking of myself as someone with bypass.  I have no judgement about it. I just never thought that would be my surgery.  

I know this is not a weight loss revision but there is still a strong emotional component to it. 

Anyone else feel this way?  Does anyone have anything to share about a positive revision that they really didn't want.  TIA

My revision wasn't from sleeve, but it was a medically necessitated revision where constant acid reflux was the precursor to the start of investigations. I can say that the complete resolution of acid reflux has been a positive enough result for me to not regret the surgery. My other positives like losing the rest of my excess weight, and now being back in a system where my ongoing health is routinely monitored, don't really apply to you....but for me they are a definite bonus.

I'm not going to pretend that life is perfect for me afterwards, but when some negativity creeps in I just remind myself that I no longer take huge doses of GERD medications which didn't even work for me anyway. Plus I sleep so much better not waking up with acid in both my mouth and my nasal passages.

@Aussie Bear the waking up choking and acid coming out your mouth and nose was a horrible experience for me. Scared the crap out of me. I am glad that my medicine takes care of it and hope within the next year to be able to get off of it.  I would not want a 2nd surgery,  but I would if my meds didn't take care of it.