Coachy71

Going to be a looooong week

Friday I go into get an ultrasound of my liver to see how much damage being overweight has caused. I've had pretty good news on other tests but the US will be the one to probably give me the OK or tell me to look at other weight loss options. I guess I won't know if I will have surgery after Friday, but I should have a pretty good idea if it's a viable option.

I've started a week long liquid diet in hopes that it will shrink the liver and help with anything else that needs to be done!

If everyone could think good thoughts, that would be outstanding!

So glad the weather is warming up!

Have an outstanding Monday!

I'll be keeping everything crossed for a good outcome for your liver ultrasound on Friday Coachy.  I can only imagine what you're going through right now.

But hang in there (like you have a choice).  You have to know that you've got us all rooting for you. 

Sending positive thoughts for sure. Smart of you to do a liquid diet. I hope Friday brings the answers you want. 

Best of luck! I hope the results point you in the direction you want to be moving in. The important thing is that you're taking your health very seriously and working on some solutions now. Good for you for pursuing better health :) 

4 hours ago, Coachy71 said:

Friday I go into get an ultrasound of my liver to see how much damage being overweight has caused. I've had pretty good news on other tests but the US will be the one to probably give me the OK or tell me to look at other weight loss options. I guess I won't know if I will have surgery after Friday, but I should have a pretty good idea if it's a viable option.

I've started a week long liquid diet in hopes that it will shrink the liver and help with anything else that needs to be done!

I am sending the most positive thoughts that I can possibly muster your way!!! Please come back and let us know how it turns out. We will all be rooting for you.

7 hours ago, Coachy71 said:

Are they telling you that you can't have surgery, ever, if your liver is too big?

I was on like, 8 weeks of liquids lol getting my liver down to size. Had 5 ultrasounds over 7 months.

15 hours ago, Michael_A said:

Are they telling you that you can't have surgery, ever, if your liver is too big?

I was on like, 8 weeks of liquids lol getting my liver down to size. Had 5 ultrasounds over 7 months.

No they aren't telling me that...yet, or maybe at all. Blood work showed some concerns initially, but has since gotten better. They did a liver test 4 weeks ago and that showed that my liver had damage on it but not cirrhosis, which is a good thing! I am guess the ultrasound is to see if there is any further damage or the size of it. My WLS surgeon didn't want to "cut" in and see something he wasn't expecting. Best case scenario is that everything looks good enough for the surgery to take place.

Happy for everyone being so thorough but frustrated that my life has been up in the air for the last 4-6 weeks.

Ready to get some answers Friday and I will for sure be updating when I know something.

It's been so nice to have the support of you all. Thank you all from the bottom of my ... LIVER!

@Coachy71 You are heavily in my thoughts. Sending positive vibes for a positive outcome for you. Please update when you are able to.

I hope you get good news on your liver today Coachy - thinking of you.

Good news!!! Liver levels were much lower. Ultra sound looked good. Nothing but good news! Doctor said he has no reason not to recommend that I have surgery! Now just have to have surgeon contact me to see what my next steps are with him! Thanks for all the support and well wishes. Still a long road but the road became a little less bumpy. Have a wonderful day!

That is wonderful news Coachy - congratulations!

When will you get your surgery date?

3 hours ago, Coachy71 said:

Good news!!! Liver levels were much lower. Ultra sound looked good. Nothing but good news! Doctor said he has no reason not to recommend that I have surgery! Now just have to have surgeon contact me to see what my next steps are with him! Thanks for all the support and well wishes. Still a long road but the road became a little less bumpy. Have a wonderful day!

That is most awesome news, Coachy!!!! Hopefully you will not have many next steps before you get surgery. Please continue to post and keep us updated with your progress.

Woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's fantastic!

4 hours ago, Coachy71 said:

Great news! You must be very up-beat with this. Congrats and keep moving forward. 

5 hours ago, cinwa said:

That is wonderful news Coachy - congratulations!

When will you get your surgery date?

Not sure of surgery date. Contacted the wls office and left a message. Hopefully I will hear something Monday!

20 hours ago, Coachy71 said:

Not sure of surgery date. Contacted the wls office and left a message. Hopefully I will hear something Monday!

I hope you get a call soon.  It's time to get you on the losers bench!

Good luck Coachy

They put me through the mill to get permission: cardiac stress test, cardiac echo, barium swallow, and endoscopy

14 hours ago, Georgepds said:

Good luck Coachy

They put me through the mill to get permission: cardiac stress test, cardiac echo, barium swallow, and endoscopy

George, they do this to (most) everyone before WLS. I Had the same plus some. In the end it was a good thing as a few things were found that could have been very dangerous had they not been. They do want to make sure that we are healthy enough for surgery. Especially when dealing with obese and morbidly obese people.