madrid5465

Feeling overwhelmed and stress is taking over my eating!

Please someone help me!  I have gained 30lbs in the last 8 months.  I have never, ever dumped either so I eat everything!  I joined a gym and have been paying for it for a while but yet have not gone.  I am afraid of making a fool of myself.  I have had so many changes in my personal life that have let me stress eat. How can I start over???

I know that some vets will come along and chime in any minute now. I know that they will mention the 5 day pouch reset. That is how most people get back on track once they get off track. Try not to worry too much as long as you catch this now. Your tool is still in place to help you.

Hang in there.

I did buy the 5dpt book a couple of years ago.  It seems to be how everyone else is getting back on track so I too will start it today! It made me not feel very well the other 2 times I tried but this was a couple of years ago.  

Yep!  The 5 Day Pouch is definitely worth trying to get you back on track.  

Also, if you are a stress eater, get the unhealthy food out of your house, and when you feel hungry (or the need to snack) drink a no or low calorie drink instead.  For most of us after a gastric bypass, body hunger is rare and what we think is hunger is either "head hunger" or thirst.  

We are here to support you.

This isn't a feasible option for everyone, but: therapy. Especially if you want a long-term solution. A good therapist can help you manage stress and find alternative coping mechanisms for when you're feeling stressed. 

So here we are almost a year later and yet again a year to the day another huge stressful event in my family.  Last year on February 18 my 15 yo daughter was assaulted and this year on February 18th my Mom fell breaking her back in 4 places. I am the child that has always glued everything back together. My daughter has testified against 9 that's right 9 kids who physically assaulted her. So I am seeing someone with my daughter to treat her ptsd and she is a rock star who has prevailed. My mother knows nothing about this because it would have killed her.  I have to start the control of my own life because I know I will be no good to anyone if I crash and I get that but the internal fight is taking over.  

Get the junk out of the house.  My go to snack is Greek yogurt and sliced apples.  The apples are dense and fill me up.  Opt for protein first, no drinking with meals.  You know, the basic rules!  You don’t need carbs so ditch them!  But you can kick it in gear.  

My life is one drama after another.  I have 5 adult? Children.  There is always drama or someone jealous of another or telling me what I can and can’t do.  I don’t do stress well.  I keep lots of fruit, yogurt, string cheese, jerky and chicken on hand.

Edited by Cheesehead

You know what to do and you can do this. Love yourself so you have energy to love others. We are here for you!

I'm sorry to hear about what's been happening to you and your family. That must be very difficult. 

Sometimes I find that taking control of my eating makes me feel like at least one corner of my world is solid. You might gain some strength by getting your intake in check. You know what to do - it's the doing that's the hard part. Best of luck to you.