madrid5465

Feeling overwhelmed and stress is taking over my eating!

Please someone help me!  I have gained 30lbs in the last 8 months.  I have never, ever dumped either so I eat everything!  I joined a gym and have been paying for it for a while but yet have not gone.  I am afraid of making a fool of myself.  I have had so many changes in my personal life that have let me stress eat. How can I start over???

I know that some vets will come along and chime in any minute now. I know that they will mention the 5 day pouch reset. That is how most people get back on track once they get off track. Try not to worry too much as long as you catch this now. Your tool is still in place to help you.

Hang in there.

I did buy the 5dpt book a couple of years ago.  It seems to be how everyone else is getting back on track so I too will start it today! It made me not feel very well the other 2 times I tried but this was a couple of years ago.  

Yep!  The 5 Day Pouch is definitely worth trying to get you back on track.  

Also, if you are a stress eater, get the unhealthy food out of your house, and when you feel hungry (or the need to snack) drink a no or low calorie drink instead.  For most of us after a gastric bypass, body hunger is rare and what we think is hunger is either "head hunger" or thirst.  

We are here to support you.

This isn't a feasible option for everyone, but: therapy. Especially if you want a long-term solution. A good therapist can help you manage stress and find alternative coping mechanisms for when you're feeling stressed.