Hi all. So I am a 42 yr old female, who is considering having gastric sleeve. I am 155cm tall and I am 101.8kg, ideal weight would be 50-55 kg. I have struggled all my life with losing weight and have tried anything and everything for weightloss. I am do not have PHI and will be going public threw the system. I am going to see a DR Murray in Launceston and cant wait to start my journey.

Welcome from a fellow Aussie. I had my surgery done through the public system in South Australia. It can very a very long haul waiting in the public system. Mine was fast tracked as it was deemed a medical necessity, but I've heard people here wait 5 years for surgery. Do you have any experience of the system in Tassie, or any clue what the wait is like.

Welcome!  There are some great people here.  Feel free to ask questions.  

Welcome to Thinner Times chickensgirl76!

Hi there . Welcome x

Welcome, @chickensgirl76 :) I wish you the best of everything as you get the process underway. It's been a totally life changing experience for me. 

HI and thanks for the welcome all. I am very much excited and ready to do this. I have got my dietican appointment booked as well as my psych visit for next week. Once I have my mind set on something there is no going back, I was referred to Dr Pande in Launceston not Dr Murray, but from what I hear they work side by side threw there list..

Welcome to the forum! I wish you much luck and hope that you do not have too long of a wait.

Hi @chickensgirl76! Welcome to the forum. You’ll find that folks are supportive and kind. Don’t be afraid to ask difficult questions. We are here to support one another. 

I hope you don’t have to wait long for your surgery. 

11 hours ago, chickensgirl76 said:

Happy Dance have been scheduled for my appointment 6/6/2018

Great news...so quick. I know people in SA still waiting for their initial appointments over 12 months after referral. Please keep us informed on how things go moving forward. There really isn't a lot of intel on how things work within the public health system in Australia for those looking to find that information.