Carina

One year out

6 minutes ago, Nana Trish said:

Just amazing, my dear friend!! ❤️ Feels incredible, doesn’t it?

Sure does! Good for us!

6 minutes ago, Gretta said:

Sure does! Good for us!

Yes!!! Yay us!!! :wub:B)

10 hours ago, Gretta said:

................  :wub: As of today, I've lost 140. Hooray!

You're not carrying around a whole nother you Gretta.  Isn't that a pretty staggering thought!

9 hours ago, cinwa said:

You're not carrying around a whole nother you Gretta.  Isn't that a pretty staggering thought!

It really is! My mind hasn't quite adjusted.

On 4/15/2018 at 8:28 AM, Carina said:

Yesterday was one year since my GBP. I remember going through the pre-surgery screening appointments, getting a surgery date, seeing the date get nearer (and suddenly be moved UP four days!)...I had no idea what it would be like.

The Cliff Notes version is: I really had no serious problems at all. I didn't react too well to the anesthetic (I was VERY faint for the first 18 hours), and at several weeks out my intestines would suddenly decide they needed to get rid of whatever they contained. That lasted for about a week. Otherwise it was just a question of getting used to what my pouch did and didn't like.

Actually, and I've "complained" about this before, it's EASIER than I thought it would be. At one year out I can't think of anything I really cannot eat. That includes sugar, unfortunately. I don't really dump. I had wacky up-and-down blood sugar for several weeks around January, I think, but I rarely have that anymore. And I can eat more calories than I thought I'd be able to. Basically, that pretty much means the honeymoon's over. I now have to watch what I eat more -- try not to graze, for example.

My blood work at six months was perfect. (I'll get blood work again tomorrow.) In general, I feel good, though I get light-headed easily if I bend over.

Here's a pic, April 2017 - September 2017 - April 2018.

This is a good opportunity to thank y'all for your support, public or by DM. It's a good community.

Let me know if you have any questions and I'll try to answer them!

ETA: I lost 17-1/2 lb (8 kg) pre-op. Since surgery I've lost 60 pounds (27 kg). I hope to lose about 15 more pounds.

Enlight4.jpg

Way to go keep up the good job