Artie

Hair Loss

Recommended Posts

Even though I knew it was going to happen I still am surprised that I am losing hair. You can see my scalp now and I hate it! 

It is all part of the process though. I haven't updated my stats but I am 86 pounds down and loving every second of it. 

Sorry I have been M.I.A guys but I have been really busy. Hope you guys are well! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hair loss sucks but will end. 

Congrats on your -86 pounds! That's phenomenal :) I bet it's shaping up to be an exciting 2018 for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

86lb down is excellent progress Artie - congratulations!

I can't help on the hair loss I'm afraid.  I didn't lose much of an hair but what I had turned grey pretty much overnight and the texture change to from thick to fine and curly (I was in my early to mid 50's so that came as no surprise).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Jen581791 said:

Hair loss sucks but will end. 

Congrats on your -86 pounds! That's phenomenal :) I bet it's shaping up to be an exciting 2018 for you.

Thank you, yes I heard by about month 7 it should stop or at least slow down some. 

Thank you it really is! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, cinwa said:

86lb down is excellent progress Artie - congratulations!

I can't help on the hair loss I'm afraid.  I didn't lose much of an hair but what I had turned grey pretty much overnight and the texture change to from thick to fine and curly (I was in my early to mid 50's so that came as no surprise).

Thank you! I will just have to suck it up and understand that losing 86 pounds in 4 months is a major shock to my body

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow well done you !!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel you so much on the hair front! My loss started at the end of month three and is continuing. I'm hoping and praying it ends in the next couple months!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm in the same boat here, Artie.  Hairloss started around three months....I'm in month five now....and I'm not bald yet!  I can style it different ways to try to get it less noticeable.... And I'm down to washing it every three days to lessen strain on it. I'd rather have thinner hair if it's accompanied by a thinner body than thicker hair with a thicker body!!! 

I've heard it slows at six then starts the long process of growing back.... So let's hope that's true! 

Congrats on the awesome weight loss!!!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep, the hair loss started at month three for me as well, and like CJ and Delilas above, I'm right about to hit 5 months out. Fingers crossed it stops soon! I swear there can't be that much left to lose! :)

86 pounds is great. Congrats!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My hair loss is juuuuust slowing down now.  I would say it was worst in months 4 and 5, then slacked off.  I'm just starting month 8 now.  I'll be glad the hair loss stops altogether - I'd really like to look a bit more feminine, but I'm not growing my hair out from this boy-cut until I get some more of it back!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m a year out and the hair loss continues. I used to be a daily hair washer but now I was every three days or so. I bought some dry shampoo to see if I can can get away with washing it every four or five days. 

Congrats on the massive weight loss! I bet your entire body is feeling the benefits of WL. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/13/2018 at 11:11 PM, NerdyToothpick said:

I’m a year out and the hair loss continues. I used to be a daily hair washer but now I was every three days or so. I bought some dry shampoo to see if I can can get away with washing it every four or five days. 

Congrats on the massive weight loss! I bet your entire body is feeling the benefits of WL. 

Thank you! My body is sure feeling fantastic, even picked up sports I couldn't do anymore because of my weight. 

Hair loss is something minor compared to not being able to breath after tying my shoes :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congratulations on the 86 pound loss! That is fantastic in only 4 months. I am only 3 weeks out. Not at all looking forward to losing my hair. I will have no issue getting a buzz cut if need be :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congratulations on the 86 pound loss! You should be extremely proud of yourself. I'll be two months out at the end of this week and I have only lost 32 pounds since I had surgery. I haven't really lost any hair. I may have lost a few extra strands of hair than normal, but it is not like clumps of hair like most people have told me that hair loss would be like after surgery. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, .:princesszelda:. said:

............. I'll be two months out at the end of this week and I have only lost 32 pounds since I had surgery...................

You're doing well Zelda.  You've averaged a daily loss of just over 1/2 a pound a day.  That is excellent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now