Artie

Hair Loss

Even though I knew it was going to happen I still am surprised that I am losing hair. You can see my scalp now and I hate it! 

It is all part of the process though. I haven't updated my stats but I am 86 pounds down and loving every second of it. 

Sorry I have been M.I.A guys but I have been really busy. Hope you guys are well! :)

Hair loss sucks but will end. 

Congrats on your -86 pounds! That's phenomenal :) I bet it's shaping up to be an exciting 2018 for you.

86lb down is excellent progress Artie - congratulations!

I can't help on the hair loss I'm afraid.  I didn't lose much of an hair but what I had turned grey pretty much overnight and the texture change to from thick to fine and curly (I was in my early to mid 50's so that came as no surprise).

5 minutes ago, Jen581791 said:

Hair loss sucks but will end. 

Congrats on your -86 pounds! That's phenomenal :) I bet it's shaping up to be an exciting 2018 for you.

Thank you, yes I heard by about month 7 it should stop or at least slow down some. 

Thank you it really is! 

5 minutes ago, cinwa said:

86lb down is excellent progress Artie - congratulations!

I can't help on the hair loss I'm afraid.  I didn't lose much of an hair but what I had turned grey pretty much overnight and the texture change to from thick to fine and curly (I was in my early to mid 50's so that came as no surprise).

Thank you! I will just have to suck it up and understand that losing 86 pounds in 4 months is a major shock to my body

Wow well done you !!

I feel you so much on the hair front! My loss started at the end of month three and is continuing. I'm hoping and praying it ends in the next couple months!

I'm in the same boat here, Artie.  Hairloss started around three months....I'm in month five now....and I'm not bald yet!  I can style it different ways to try to get it less noticeable.... And I'm down to washing it every three days to lessen strain on it. I'd rather have thinner hair if it's accompanied by a thinner body than thicker hair with a thicker body!!! 

I've heard it slows at six then starts the long process of growing back.... So let's hope that's true! 

Congrats on the awesome weight loss!!!! 

Yep, the hair loss started at month three for me as well, and like CJ and Delilas above, I'm right about to hit 5 months out. Fingers crossed it stops soon! I swear there can't be that much left to lose! :)

86 pounds is great. Congrats!!

My hair loss is juuuuust slowing down now.  I would say it was worst in months 4 and 5, then slacked off.  I'm just starting month 8 now.  I'll be glad the hair loss stops altogether - I'd really like to look a bit more feminine, but I'm not growing my hair out from this boy-cut until I get some more of it back!

I’m a year out and the hair loss continues. I used to be a daily hair washer but now I was every three days or so. I bought some dry shampoo to see if I can can get away with washing it every four or five days. 

Congrats on the massive weight loss! I bet your entire body is feeling the benefits of WL. 

On 4/13/2018 at 11:11 PM, NerdyToothpick said:

I’m a year out and the hair loss continues. I used to be a daily hair washer but now I was every three days or so. I bought some dry shampoo to see if I can can get away with washing it every four or five days. 

Congrats on the massive weight loss! I bet your entire body is feeling the benefits of WL. 

Thank you! My body is sure feeling fantastic, even picked up sports I couldn't do anymore because of my weight. 

Hair loss is something minor compared to not being able to breath after tying my shoes :)

Congratulations on the 86 pound loss! That is fantastic in only 4 months. I am only 3 weeks out. Not at all looking forward to losing my hair. I will have no issue getting a buzz cut if need be :D

Congratulations on the 86 pound loss! You should be extremely proud of yourself. I'll be two months out at the end of this week and I have only lost 32 pounds since I had surgery. I haven't really lost any hair. I may have lost a few extra strands of hair than normal, but it is not like clumps of hair like most people have told me that hair loss would be like after surgery. 

9 hours ago, .:princesszelda:. said:

............. I'll be two months out at the end of this week and I have only lost 32 pounds since I had surgery...................

You're doing well Zelda.  You've averaged a daily loss of just over 1/2 a pound a day.  That is excellent.