AliPat

Day 17,732 of My Life - Day 66 of being Sleeved.

Yep... that's right, I've been alive for seventeen thousand, seven hundred and thirty two days!  So the piddly little 66 days I have been sleeved are relatively insignificant in the grand scheme of my time on this planet. And considering that I can eat pretty well now, I guess these stats can reassure me that the few days of not being able to eat or drink much of anything were totally worth it.  I guess that means it should reassure you, that you can do this too!

I've been a bit down and worried lately because I have been stuck at the same weight for 13 days.  I know intellectually that I will have weight loss stalls and it's normal and happens to everyone.  But I still wasn't prepared for the day after day disappointment.  I tried to focus on my non scale victories and that got me through most of the days.  But the last few days got me really worried that I am somehow screwing up.  I started scrutinizing every bite I put in my mouth.  I'll be honest, I've made a few mistakes.  I've been dealing with some emotional issues that have reared their ugly head for some time now, and of course I turned to food just like I have always done.

But fear not, the scale moved again this morning.  I finally broke into the 180's by a whopping .4 lbs.  and I'll take it!!!

So, one of the mistakes I made was to eat a bunch of baked cheese.  This was actually a BIG mistake. I made that mistake because I was looking at the calorie and carb count, which was very low, and the tastiness of the treat!  It was 152 calories - 6 carbs and 10g protein per serving which was 6 crackers.  I call them "crackers" because it is the closest thing in relation that I can think of.  Basically it is baked pepper jack and Parmesan cheese with a hair of gluten free flour tossed in.  They were so crunchy and so savory and so salty and so low carb/high protein....that I deluded myself into the fact that they were guilt free and completely forgot it was CHEESE.... My colon's arch nemesis!

One mistake led to two.....servings that is....and the next thing I knew, I did it again the next day....and the next day....and then it dawned on me....when was the last time I pooped?  Oh my... was I in trouble.  I've been eating one bit of veggies for every 2 bites of meat for a while now.  Usually a green veggie....but it was not helping combat that cheese.

I loaded up on the miralax and I can report that I am cheese free and a half a pound lighter today.... WHEW!! 

And for some fun Non scale victories... I can feel some bones now.   I noticed a few days ago the bones in my hand, last night I could feel the bone in my upper arm (with a little digging) and today I noticed my collar bone.  Also, My legs finally "look" thinner to me, as does my side view silhouette and I got to throw away my granny panties!!!

To top it off, I'm leaving for Hawaii tomorrow for the first time and I bought a bathing suit that I actually feel good in!

Yup, Day 17, 732 is damn fine day!

I love your posts! Congrats on the 180s. That's where I am now, and it feels even better than I thought it would. Loving my collarbone, too. So fun! Have a blast in Hawaii! Rock that bathing suit!

If only we could avoid  the self doubt, and the emotions that tempt us to comfort ourselves with food, and the pitfalls that we encounter along this journey. Since we can’t dodge any of that, thank goodness for collarbones,  and bathing suits that fit, and for a good poop! 

Your perspective is a great reminder that every day is just one step on this journey, and every day is a new start!

Awe, thanks you guys....love you too.

And...FWIW.......NOTHING beats a good poop!

43 minutes ago, AliPat said:

Awe, thanks you guys....love you too.

And...FWIW.......NOTHING beats a good poop!

Lol!  My hubby got me a coffee mug with a stick person that says “I pooped today”.  

Have a great time in Hawaii!  

Glad to hear things are.... MOVING again! :lol:

As for reaching for food for emotional reasons, I think we're all just dealing with a process, which takes time. 17,732 days of old habits will not be cured in 66 days! But, with your sleeve, you've got a great tool to help you build new habits.

Congrats :) 

19 hours ago, Cheesehead said:

“I pooped today”.  

And today I lost another pound!!

ain’t it grand.... the chain of events that can start in the bathroom!!

18 hours ago, Jen581791 said:

17,732 days of old habits will not be cured in 66 days! But, with your sleeve, you've got a great tool to help you build new habits.

Preach it sister!!!

Yes, for the first time I have a tool to inject wisdom, will power and reason into my brain and stop me from letting 1... or 5.... mistakes.... become the 17,000 mistakes of my future!

just now, at the airport, I finished half of a child’s chicken teriyaki bowl (no rice) and I stopped when my sleeve told me too! I never even made my miso soup. Maybe later on the plane. 

Day 17,773 is shaping up to be mighty fine as well

557735F1-BDBC-41E1-A264-FE9110E78F51.jpeg

I hope that you have a fabulous time in Hawaii. Looking forward to seeing the pictures.

You are doing very well. My head still messes with me and the stalls go on for weeks. I am just keeping the faith. 

Have a wonderful time in Hawaii !!