Sign in to follow this  
airbornewifey

Gallbladder removal

Having my gallbladder removed at the end of month. I was told I would have to change my diet bc I've had GB and I would need to see my Dr for diet restrictions etc...  I had my GB surgery in Germany and I can't find a Dr stateside that will work with me...long story! Has anyone had their gallbladder removed after GB and had a special diet? Or special restrictions?

I had to have mine out at just over a year post-RNY.  The only thing I was told to watch was my fat intake but as a WLS patient, I already did that.

Mine was removed at the same time as my initial weightloss surgery. Low fat was the diet, which was the same as WLS in those days anyway. I did have to stay away from high acid fruits and veggies as well for a few weeks....from memory bananas and pineapple were no go's but both are easy to avoid for a short time.

17 hours ago, airbornewifey said:

Having my gallbladder removed at the end of month. I was told I would have to change my diet bc I've had GB and I would need to see my Dr for diet restrictions etc...  I had my GB surgery in Germany and I can't find a Dr stateside that will work with me...long story! Has anyone had their gallbladder removed after GB and had a special diet? Or special restrictions?

I had mine removed about 20 years before WLS. I was actually in very good shape at the time and it was a piece of cake. This link does have some very good information in it that may be of use to you.

What you MUST do if your Gallbladder has been Removed - Wellness Repair

I have been taking full spectrum digestive enzymes and a good probiotic since getting mine removed. No issues with food.