Quest.love

Has anyone experienced this?

I haven’t been feeling very well showers have become a struggle I’ve been feeling weak and tired to the point where I feel like I’m going to pass out.. just recently I experienced this in the shower everything became cloudy and my hearing was off i just wanted to sit down immediately.. I’m nauseous & became ghostly pale with my eyes extremely dark with circles...  I hate feeling this weak.... 

It's always worth checking in with your surgeon about that Quest.love.

In the meantime, could it be that maybe your shower was on the hotter side?  Are you keeping up with your fluids and protein intake?  I relied pretty much solely on protein shakes early out because I did not eat meat.

That happened to me, and it turned out to be a blood pressure thing (orthostatic hypotension) that can be a temporary condition after WLS. I got a shower seat and sat through my shower, adjusted the water temperature to be less hot, and stood up very sloooowly afterward.

Edited by Gretta

When was your surgery?  Are you on any meds for BP?  Do you feel this weak and tired all the time or just when you stand or change position quickly?  I had similar episodes with movement that were also BP related...as I lost weight I didn't need my BP med anymore.  Dehydration can also cause low BP...are you getting enough fluids?  Sometimes adding more salt/sodium to your diet temporarily will help if it's a BP thing.  Probably would warrant a call to whoever manages your BP to see if changes should be made. Sorry you're not feeling well.

I had exactly the same experience as @Gretta. It's definitely worth asking your doctor about, but it may just be a question of waiting it out a while and being careful when you take a shower.