Nana Trish

Down 180 pounds!!!

28 minutes ago, Nana Trish said:

Thank you, my dear @NerdyToothpick!! :wub:

Big higs right back at ya! How are you feeling?!! I’ve been praying for your pain to subside...I truly hope it has ❤️❤️❤️

How many Trishes have you walked today??

Thank you for your prayers. They mean the world to me. ❤️ 

That is absolutely outstanding Trish ... you walked pretty much 1 mile  - could you ever have imagined you'd be able to do that before your WLS?

You've come a long way my friend and I couldn't be more proud of you.

p.s.  You had some mighty cute looking guys accompanying you on your walk .... hugs.

AMAZING, @Nana Trish!!!  I remember when the dr/office said you wouldn't make it below the goal THEY gave you....well take THIS,  Doc!!! LOL!

I see Papa Trish (and Harper!)....how is he doing physically?  I hope he is doing well and taking care of himself :)

Way to go!  You’ve done amazing!  Life is truly good on the losers bench!  Can’t wait to hear what your surgeon says!  

Totally freaking awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You Rock, @Nana Trish

BTW- Your grandson seems to favor your husband a bit in that picture. Looks like they may have the same eyes.

@Kio Big happy dance for you and for Sadie!!!! Woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13 hours ago, Nana Trish said:

I’m down exactly 180 pounds as of this morning!!! Last week, I added in more calories...I’m eating just over 1,000 calories a day at the moment. Since I did that, the weight has started coming off faster, when I was hoping to slow it down more. No complaints yet though. But I am a little worried that I’ll have to add a lot more calories when I’m ready to maintain, and yesterday I felt like I ate all day! @Jen581791...wow, do I completely understand now what you were recently posting about! But as for today...big happy dance!!! AND, I’m going Walking later!!!

AC6D3CE6-0504-43EE-B3F4-A40105ECC659.jpeg

Trish those are very skinny toes you have there. Makes me wish we had a thread going of before-and-after feet. All the swelling I used to get in my feet and lower legs is GONE GONE GONE. Can even see the nice creases in your toe skin in this photo. :D

AND your post is helpful for people who are stalled and have heard that increasing your calories a bit can lead to more loss. (this only seems to be true if your intake is Super Low and you up it to just Low. If you are at maintenance like me and up your calories.... you get heavier). 

and, of course, 

CONGRATULATIONS ON THE HONKING HUGE LOSS!!!

Edited by BurgundyBoy

What an incredible journey you've had Trish. I vividly remember your posts from your earlier days here. Isn't it just unbelievable thinking back to when we all started this journey with hope in our hearts that we'd get where we are now, but never daring to believe we might actually get there. Well you are there woman...welcome to the club!!!

9 hours ago, Nana Trish said:

Thank you, @AustinJ!!! I do believe I read somewhere that you’ve lost 200 so far?!? Pretty freaking fantastic!!!

I have lost 204 lbs but I still have 48lbs to go to get to half my starting body weight. I learned to look at percentage instead of pounds and you my dear are amazing. Kickin' butt and losin' lbs.

Wow amazi g lady xx

17 hours ago, Kio said:

I’m at the vet with her right now to get the drain out (hallelujah!!!) She’s not a happy camper but I’m really hoping this will make life easier for all of —

Mid-post update! They brought her back while I was typing, drain is out and she is SO much happier.  When we got home she didn’t want to go in because it’s pretty out - so we walked around the house and down the street, and she saw some of her neighborhood friends (the kid next door and his dad) and showed some interest in maybe chasing some squirrels! We’re back inside now and she’s sleeping in my chair - seems much, much more comfortable. The vet said all the wounds looked clean, heathy and healing. Crossing fingers now that she has less pain and is less reactive from now on!!!

SO glad to hear she is progressing so well and relaxing at home.

How absolutely amazing, @Nana Trish!! I am so proud of you - keep doing what you are doing because it is working!

On 4/12/2018 at 4:46 PM, Trish13 said:

How absolutely amazing, @Nana Trish!! I am so proud of you - keep doing what you are doing because it is working!

Thank you so much, @Trish13 :wub:

On 4/12/2018 at 6:15 AM, Lankyliz said:

Wow amazi g lady xx

❤️❤️❤️

On 4/12/2018 at 3:18 AM, AustinJ said:

I have lost 204 lbs but I still have 48lbs to go to get to half my starting body weight. I learned to look at percentage instead of pounds and you my dear are amazing. Kickin' butt and losin' lbs.

@AustinJ, I can’t even BEGIN to tell you how amazing you are, and what a phenomenal job you’re doing...and you’re new pic? Doesn’t even look like the old you!! You may still have to lose 48 more pounds to reach 50% lost, but LOOK HOW FAR YOU HAVE COME!!! I also think percentages are a better guide than pounds lost. When you look at it that way, it really drives home just how much hard work you’ve done :) 

As for me me kicking butt, it’s about time that I’m doing the kicking...instead of my body kicking me! I love taking control finally after all of the years I let my body and mind control me :) 

On 4/11/2018 at 11:56 PM, Aussie Bear said:

What an incredible journey you've had Trish. I vividly remember your posts from your earlier days here. Isn't it just unbelievable thinking back to when we all started this journey with hope in our hearts that we'd get where we are now, but never daring to believe we might actually get there. Well you are there woman...welcome to the club!!!

Thank you so much, @Aussie Bear :) Ive been waiting to be a member of this club for so many years, I’ve lost count! ❤️

Edited by Nana Trish

On 4/11/2018 at 8:02 PM, Readytobeme said:

Totally freaking awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You Rock, @Nana Trish

BTW- Your grandson seems to favor your husband a bit in that picture. Looks like they may have the same eyes.

@Kio Big happy dance for you and for Sadie!!!! Woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks, @Readytobeme!!! 

My grandson definitely takes after hubby...his side of the family has the dominant genes, lol. He loves to hear how much Harper resembles him ❤️

On 4/11/2018 at 7:15 PM, Cheesehead said:

Way to go!  You’ve done amazing!  Life is truly good on the losers bench!  Can’t wait to hear what your surgeon says!  

Yes, yes and yes! Life is AWESOME on the losers bench!! I made my one year appointment with my surgeon, instead of one of his PA’s, specifically so I could see his face, lolol...I can’t wait! Just under 5 weeks to go before my appointment...and I’m almost 30 pounds less than they projected I’d be :D

On 4/11/2018 at 9:25 PM, BurgundyBoy said:

Trish those are very skinny toes you have there. Makes me wish we had a thread going of before-and-after feet. All the swelling I used to get in my feet and lower legs is GONE GONE GONE. Can even see the nice creases in your toe skin in this photo. :D

AND your post is helpful for people who are stalled and have heard that increasing your calories a bit can lead to more loss. (this only seems to be true if your intake is Super Low and you up it to just Low. If you are at maintenance like me and up your calories.... you get heavier). 

and, of course, 

CONGRATULATIONS ON THE HONKING HUGE LOSS!!!

I think my toes are too chubby, lolol, but thank you for saying they look skinny :) I’ve actually started having increased swelling in my extremities, but they found a small amount of fluid around my heart during my last CT, so I think I may be looking at water pills in my future :blink:

Hopefully my post about adding calories really can be helpful, but now it’s time for me to try and find that balance. I think it’s going to be a challenge, but I’ll get there :) 

On 4/11/2018 at 7:11 PM, cinwa said:

That is absolutely outstanding Trish ... you walked pretty much 1 mile  - could you ever have imagined you'd be able to do that before your WLS?

You've come a long way my friend and I couldn't be more proud of you.

p.s.  You had some mighty cute looking guys accompanying you on your walk .... hugs.

Thank you so much, @cinwa!!! ❤️❤️❤️ No, I never imagined I’d ever be able to walk that far again...I’m so excited!! Even though there was a lot of pain, I’m still excited to go out there and do it again, simply because I can! I can’t walk fast enough yet to get my heart rate up, so it’s mainly self imposed PT to get my joints moving again and *hopefully* start building some leg muscle. I’ve got some pretty serious muscle wasting, especially around my knees. 

And thank you very much ❤️ I couldn’t ask for two more handsome Walking companions!!!

On 4/11/2018 at 7:14 PM, CheeringCJ said:

AMAZING, @Nana Trish!!!  I remember when the dr/office said you wouldn't make it below the goal THEY gave you....well take THIS,  Doc!!! LOL!

I see Papa Trish (and Harper!)....how is he doing physically?  I hope he is doing well and taking care of himself :)

Thanks, CJ!! ❤️ 

Papa Trish and Harper are doing well, thank you for asking!! Besides Harper trying to snack on his jacket during our walk, that is :lol: