CheeringCJ

Burgundy Boy....

@BurgundyBoy....I was just reading a post of yours and saw your stats.  When did you hit Onederland?  Did i miss the celebration?!?  I need to be around more often :)

Congrats!!!!

On 4/10/2018 at 4:36 PM, CheeringCJ said:

@BurgundyBoy....I was just reading a post of yours and saw your stats.  When did you hit Onederland?  Did i miss the celebration?!?  I need to be around more often :)

Congrats!!!!

Oh, CJ, thank you! No celebration was invoked by me ;). I hit it Onederland last Wednesday, so a week ago. Wasn't going to do any dance until my weight consistently stayed under 200, since I can vary by a pound or two frequently. Am happy because despite being away for a long weekend  visiting my in-laws, my weight today was.... 199.75. Am hoping for some consistency within a couple of weeks. In the last week I've varied 197.75 - 200.25. If I truly have crossed this weight line, I'll say it was April 4. 

I am pretty happy about this. I thought I had ended my loss at about 206-210 lbs but looks like there is a bit more there. For a couple of months it has been clear that something was afoot - although my weight was in the same place, I've got down 2 inches in my pants waist size. (And yes I have to buy new pants, alas...)

Thanks again! 

17 minutes ago, BurgundyBoy said:

Oh, CJ, thank you! No celebration was invoked by me ;). I hit it Onederland last Wednesday, so a week ago. Wasn't going to do any dance until my weight consistently stayed under 200, since I can vary by a pound or two frequently. Am happy because despite being away for a long weekend  visiting my in-laws, my weight today was.... 199.75. Am hoping for some consistency within a couple of weeks. In the last week I've varied 197.75 - 200.25. If I truly have crossed this weight line, I'll say it was April 4. 

I am pretty happy about this. I thought I had ended my loss at about 206-210 lbs but looks like there is a bit more there. For a couple of months it has been clear that something was afoot - although my weight was in the same place, I've got down 2 inches in my pants waist size. (And yes I have to buy new pants, alas...)

Thanks again! 

That is great!  I hope your tux still fits...but being down 2" might mean you have it have it taken in???  But I can think of worse things! ;)

I remember hitting 199.7 and being so excited but then a day or two later it went up to 200.1 and I felt a panic feeling.  But when common sense came back to my brain I realized I go up and down all of the time, it is just that this time it was from the 100s to the 200s and it just felt extreme but in reality it was such a little bit and I went right back down and stayed down!

I guess part of me thinks of in the past when I have gotten to Onederland, I was so sure I'd never go back yet I did....and I fear failure since I am so used to it.  However, I need to have a different mindset this time around!

BTW, my husband has lost 25# (way faster than I have with having had WLS but I am still happy for him!) bc he ditched carbs since his diabetes diagnosis and he bought one of those ADJUSTABLE BELT AS SEEN ON TV that clicks and he loves it!  He just clicks it smaller and smaller!  You might want to look into getting one!

7 minutes ago, CheeringCJ said:

That is great!  I hope your tux still fits...but being down 2" might mean you have it have it taken in???  But I can think of worse things! ;)

I remember hitting 199.7 and being so excited but then a day or two later it went up to 200.1 and I felt a panic feeling.  But when common sense came back to my brain I realized I go up and down all of the time, it is just that this time it was from the 100s to the 200s and it just felt extreme but in reality it was such a little bit and I went right back down and stayed down!

I guess part of me thinks of in the past when I have gotten to Onederland, I was so sure I'd never go back yet I did....and I fear failure since I am so used to it.  However, I need to have a different mindset this time around!

BTW, my husband has lost 25# (way faster than I have with having had WLS but I am still happy for him!) bc he ditched carbs since his diabetes diagnosis and he bought one of those ADJUSTABLE BELT AS SEEN ON TV that clicks and he loves it!  He just clicks it smaller and smaller!  You might want to look into getting one!

CJ funny you should mention the belts. My wife and son gave me two gorgeous new belts... and they are really too big now. 

Yes, my tux pants are a bit loose now. I thought just wearing my cumberbund over the top would be fine but my Perfect Wife has noted that they billow about a bit too much in the thighs. Sigh. If only she hadn't noticed...

1 hour ago, BurgundyBoy said:

CJ funny you should mention the belts. My wife and son gave me two gorgeous new belts... and they are really too big now. 

Yes, my tux pants are a bit loose now. I thought just wearing my cumberbund over the top would be fine but my Perfect Wife has noted that they billow about a bit too much in the thighs. Sigh. If only she hadn't noticed...

LOL! I just did the same thing....I bought new pants (fortunately they were on sale for $5) and I wore them twice.  Today I was in front of the mirror in the ladies room at work and thought "boy these pants make my legs look huge" till I noticed, it wasn't my leg, it was just a billowy pant leg (which is easier to remedy than a billowy thigh!!!!)  They are already too big.  A $5 pair of pants I can donate...but your tux pants will need to be tailored instead so you can keep them.  I'd wait til shortly before your next event and have them taking in the whole way down the  seams.  But like I said...there are worse problems....like needing to let OUT pants!!!  :o

@BurgundyBoy Well, congratulations! I second the tailor idea (which, of course, you had already had). In my case a little tuck in the center seam under the small of my back does wonders. 

You must feel good! :D

2 minutes ago, Carina said:

@BurgundyBoy Well, congratulations! I second the tailor idea (which, of course, you had already had). In my case a little tuck in the center seam under the small of my back does wonders. 

You must feel good! :D

Oh, Carina thank you! Yes I do feel good. Perhaps I am slightly, maybe, could be, mildly optimistic, though not sure, that I will end up under 200.

I bow to your sartorial suggestion! 

Congratulations @BurgundyBoy for reaching onederland!!

On 4/11/2018 at 7:41 PM, BurgundyBoy said:

Thanks again! 

CELEBRATE GOOD TIMES! COME ON!! I’m thrilled for you.

6593703C-5196-40A0-9A6A-14B1AEBC26E0.gif

11 hours ago, NerdyToothpick said:

CELEBRATE GOOD TIMES! COME ON!! I’m thrilled for you.

6593703C-5196-40A0-9A6A-14B1AEBC26E0.gif

OK, I am 197 today. I'm officially under 200, and changing my statistics. YESSSS!!!!

Congrats! Welcome to onederland. 

6 minutes ago, Jen581791 said:

Congrats! Welcome to onederland. 

Thank you Jen!!

WooHOO!! Changing the stats!!! Onederland is “one”derful!!!!

6 minutes ago, Nana Trish said:

WooHOO!! Changing the stats!!! Onederland is “one”derful!!!!

:D:D:D

Actually 196.5 today. So I believe am under 200. 

2 minutes ago, BurgundyBoy said:

Awesome!!! You ARE under 200 :D I’m just glad you finally believe it, and are changing your stats to reflect it!!!

3 minutes ago, BurgundyBoy said:

I have a friend from the UK paying me a flying visit this afternoon and he's bring a bottle of Taylors Vintage Port (2011).  I shall lift my glass in your honor.

Congratulations BB - you've done an amazing job.

@Nana Trish and 

@cinwa - thank you both! You have enriched my life. 

(Cinwa, you are also going to have your existence enriched with that particular beverage!)

Oohhh, @cinwa!!! Have a glass for me, please!!! Enjoy your visit ❤️

1 hour ago, BurgundyBoy said:

(Cinwa, you are also going to have your existence enriched with that particular beverage!)

Trust me, I will.  It's been a good 12 years since my last bottle and I'm so looking forward to it - even if it's a small glass.

3 hours ago, BurgundyBoy said:

I'd say it's official!  Congratulations!!

So exciting! Couldn't have happened to a better guy!