CheeringCJ

November Newbies....we outgrew our name....

Recommended Posts

OMG! So sorry I'm late to this. I haven't been on much (well, at all, really) lately. I've had a lot going on with work and being super duper broke. But I'm doing well!

I am down 83 lbs total, 69 lbs since surgery November 21. I'm down to 196 lbs. So that's 69 lbs in just under 5 months - not too shabby! The weight loss has slowed, but it's still steady. I'm moving around a lot more now, but still haven't settled into a good routine with exercise. I've been walking a lot. I joined a StepBet and I can't afford to lose my $40, so that's been a good motivator. Haha! I'm planning to start a Couch to 5k program on Thursday (because my org is having a summit tomorrow and I have to wait until that's over because it totally screws with my schedule). 

My eating hasn't been going as well as I would like, mostly due to having very little money. We're having to visit food pantries currently and the options aren't the best. I'm trying, though. And I still have plenty of protein powder to make sure I get all my protein in. I'm still good on supplements, also, so it will all work out. The main issue is that I'm eating way too many carbs currently, but this is a temporary situation and I have a good handle on it. I just wish I could afford some better quality food right now. At least there's a cool place that gives away farm fresh eggs, so we always have good eggs. :) 

I have a couple of friends who gave me some clothes, so that's good! And my clinic is actually having a clothing swap on Saturday, so I'm looking forward to that. Here's some pics of me now, so you can get an idea of what I look like currently. You'll have to excuse the fact that my mirror is in the middle of my "Here's where we stack the Goodwill donations" area. Ha! I still have just under 50 lbs to lose, but I'm at a point now where even if I didn't lose another pound I'd be happy, which is pretty cool! I'm so glad to see how well everyone's doing! 

gothy goth.jpg

flower dress.jpg

jeans.jpg

Edited by Cardamom77

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your looking great amazing job x sorry about the finances having similar issues...carbs are cheaper that' a problem ...Your resolve is admirable

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Cardamom77 You’re looking so great! Congrats on your success and welcome to onederland.  You’re past the halfway point, which makes it all seem more real, I think.

Sorry about your money woes and the effect that has on your eating :( It sounds like you’re rising to the occasion, though, and being as creative as you can be about it. 

I like your sassy sense of style. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sorry you're going through difficult times @Cardamom77 but it sounds as if you've still got your head in the game and doing the best you can with the hand you've been dealt.  There will be brighter times ahead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Cardamom77 said:

OMG! So sorry I'm late to this. I haven't been on much (well, at all, really) lately. I've had a lot going on with work and being super duper broke. But I'm doing well!

I am down 83 lbs total, 69 lbs since surgery November 21. I'm down to 196 lbs. So that's 69 lbs in just under 5 months - not too shabby! The weight loss has slowed, but it's still steady. I'm moving around a lot more now, but still haven't settled into a good routine with exercise. I've been walking a lot. I joined a StepBet and I can't afford to lose my $40, so that's been a good motivator. Haha! I'm planning to start a Couch to 5k program on Thursday (because my org is having a summit tomorrow and I have to wait until that's over because it totally screws with my schedule). 

My eating hasn't been going as well as I would like, mostly due to having very little money. We're having to visit food pantries currently and the options aren't the best. I'm trying, though. And I still have plenty of protein powder to make sure I get all my protein in. I'm still good on supplements, also, so it will all work out. The main issue is that I'm eating way too many carbs currently, but this is a temporary situation and I have a good handle on it. I just wish I could afford some better quality food right now. At least there's a cool place that gives away farm fresh eggs, so we always have good eggs. :) 

I have a couple of friends who gave me some clothes, so that's good! And my clinic is actually having a clothing swap on Saturday, so I'm looking forward to that. Here's some pics of me now, so you can get an idea of what I look like currently. You'll have to excuse the fact that my mirror is in the middle of my "Here's where we stack the Goodwill donations" area. Ha! I still have just under 50 lbs to lose, but I'm at a point now where even if I didn't lose another pound I'd be happy, which is pretty cool! I'm so glad to see how well everyone's doing! 

gothy goth.jpg

flower dress.jpg

jeans.jpg

You are crushing this game! Continuing to lose weight while having challenging access to food? I have to applaud you. I’m sorry you are going through these difficulties but you are proving that progress can still be made! Woo! 

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks, all. I'm trying not to get discouraged/give up. It helps that I'm still very much in active weight loss mode. And this is temporary. We'll land on our feet and things will be ok again before long. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Cardamom77....you are looking FAPTAPULOUS!!!!  Sorry about the financial strain but so glad you're physically doing well!!!  Good luck with the 5K program. Are you riding your bike much?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great outfits - I love your style!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@CheeringCJ I’m not riding my bike. The brake pads that came with it are not reliable and need replacing and the derailleur adjustments are outside my expertise. I can’t afford to have that stuff done currently, so I’m kinda stuck. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Cardamom77 said:

@CheeringCJ I’m not riding my bike. The brake pads that came with it are not reliable and need replacing and the derailleur adjustments are outside my expertise. I can’t afford to have that stuff done currently, so I’m kinda stuck. 

That stinks! Hoping things turn around for you real soon and you can get back on the road on it!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On a brighter note, I made these Thai Chicken Salad Wonton Cups with pantry food and leftovers, so I am feeling good about my kitchen skills. :) 

66C1B152-02D5-40C1-B6BF-1E088057A4E3.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/20/2018 at 8:00 PM, Cardamom77 said:

On a brighter note, I made these Thai Chicken Salad Wonton Cups with pantry food and leftovers, so I am feeling good about my kitchen skills. :) 

66C1B152-02D5-40C1-B6BF-1E088057A4E3.jpeg

Yum....looks pretty!  Was it delicious?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now