CheeringCJ

November Newbies....we outgrew our name....

Ok, so I went to request an update last month and got hung up on the fact we aren't NEWBIES anymore!  (not that we have it all together but you know, we are not novices anymore).  So, I never thought of a better N word but since there were 9 of us, I thought we could be the NOVEMBER NINE until someone comes up with a better name! :)

So, NNs.....where are you at in your journey?  We are 4-5 months in....has your weight loss slowed but your hair loss sped up?  What are you eating now?  Trying new foods or just the same old thing that you have found that works?  Update us all and let us learn from each other....

@CheeringCJ

@AustinJ

@Michael_A

@Boho Rosy

@kristinwitha_k

@Cardamom77

@Lauraw96

@delilas

@Lynn74

(did I miss anyone?)

Edited by CheeringCJ

Name: Bariatric Bad a$$e$ :D

Over all I'm doing pretty well. After a few crazy months of my body doing weird things (Reactive Hypoglycemia and Orthostatic Hypotension) I was diagnosed as Hyponatremic. I had/have very low sodium and electrolyte levels causing my body to not retain fluid, blood parameters to swing wildly, and my vascular system to not respond to changes appropriately. Looking back I have had symptoms of Hyponatremia since before I had Gallbladder surgery back in July 2016. My excessive exercising and restricted intake after WLS just made things worse. I now know what is going on with my body and have been able to make the changes necessary to correct the issue and now only have symptoms of Hyponatremia when I fall behind on my electrolyte intake.

The increase in sodium and other electrolytes caused me to only lose 4 lbs from March 5th to April 2nd, while my body adjusted to the changes. Since April 2nd I've lost 7lbs, so I'm back baby. 2 more lbs and I will be in the 200s.

At my local bariatric group meeting last Thursday,  a plastic surgeon came in and talked a bit. After talking with the plastic surgeon and my dietician they think I shouldn't lose much more than 25lbs because I have detached fat cells from the rapid weight loss. Basically a portion of the fat in my body detached from the muscle tissue and remained attached to my skin. The plastic surgeon said if he were to do my skin removal surgery we'd be looking at 35-40lbs of skin and detached fat that would be removed. That would put me between 235-245 with the additional weight loss and skin removal. #%$ I weighed that much in 7th grade.

How are things going with you @CheeringCJ?

How about the rest of the nine?

58 minutes ago, AustinJ said:

Name: Bariatric Bad a$$e$ :D

Over all I'm doing pretty well. After a few crazy months of my body doing weird things (Reactive Hypoglycemia and Orthostatic Hypotension) I was diagnosed as Hyponatremic. I had/have very low sodium and electrolyte levels causing my body to not retain fluid, blood parameters to swing wildly, and my vascular system to not respond to changes appropriately. Looking back I have had symptoms of Hyponatremia since before I had Gallbladder surgery back in July 2016. My excessive exercising and restricted intake after WLS just made things worse. I now know what is going on with my body and have been able to make the changes necessary to correct the issue and now only have symptoms of Hyponatremia when I fall behind on my electrolyte intake.

The increase in sodium and other electrolytes caused me to only lose 4 lbs from March 5th to April 2nd, while my body adjusted to the changes. Since April 2nd I've lost 7lbs, so I'm back baby. 2 more lbs and I will be in the 200s.

At my local bariatric group meeting last Thursday,  a plastic surgeon came in and talked a bit. After talking with the plastic surgeon and my dietician they think I shouldn't lose much more than 25lbs because I have detached fat cells from the rapid weight loss. Basically a portion of the fat in my body detached from the muscle tissue and remained attached to my skin. The plastic surgeon said if he were to do my skin removal surgery we'd be looking at 35-40lbs of skin and detached fat that would be removed. That would put me between 235-245 with the additional weight loss and skin removal. #%$ I weighed that much in 7th grade.

How are things going with you @CheeringCJ?

How about the rest of the nine?

WOW....Austin, is that even you in the profile pic???? I didn't even recognize you!!!  AMAZING!!!  I love how happy your wife is too!  

Who knew your sodium could throw a person off so much!  I am glad you're back and losing again!  (I wish I could blame that, but I can't!)

I can remember (and it was only like 5 months ago that you were trying to get under 400 to get the new scale....and now you are almost in the 200s?!?!?!  Isn't that incredible?  

I never heard of detached fat cells....but i have seen the skin surgeries and have seen the yellow fat clumped onto the back of the skin. 

here's mine:

I've had an off month (as I testified in my 5 month blog entry).  I changed a few things up that I never should have.  My husband's been doing the keto thing so I joined him on it.  I, however, didn't respond as well as he did to it (or as well as a lot of ppl do)....I think my body heard it could HAVE fat and just wanted it.  I've never been a sugar addict but a definite carb addict (i.e. peanut butter, butter, etc) so it just wasn't good for me and I only lost 4# last month.  I'm back on my old bandwagon though.  This afternoon, I made up 9 containers of refried beans/salsa/plain greek yogurt for my lunches/a few dinners.  

I am thinner but it is just feeling much slower than it was...however, still faster than I have EVER lost before! 

The hair thing is a drag....I am not happy about losing my already thin hair!  I have days when I think it is going to be ok and I will survive and not be bald but then days like yesterday I was overwhelmed and if I didn't have a baby shower to go to, I would have driven straight to a hair salon!!!  

I do, however, appreciate my newfound confidence that grows every day.  I applied for and got a great new job. I've been shopping for fun new clothes....professional clothes with accessories (jewelry/belts/etc) and all new matching Vera Bradley commuter bag w/ matching glasses case, pill case (for my lunch time vitamins) and the funny thing is I didn't waste my money on a lunch bag bc I have one now that is so huge for my little 4 oz container....so i got a little cosmetic bag for my lunch...it was much cheaper and made more sense! 

Here's my side by side from Nov til present day....the weird thing is I do NOT recognize that poor bloated woman in the before (and I had already lost weight there)....she doesn't even look like she could swallow comfortably her face/neck is so fat!  (I see her trying to smile...was she happy???)  I knew I was fat, but NEVER saw myself THAT fat!!!  How weird is that?  I seem to have a body dysmorphia in both directions....i never saw myself as THAT fat but now I can't see myself as THIN as I am (I mean for being 183#! I am no where near thin, but I mean the size I am at the moment).  This weekend I saw my old high school friend and had a blast and I didn't worry at all about my weight (like I would have previously).  However, when I see pics from the shower, I am still in shock as to how big I still am.  My mind can't seem to grasp if I am fat or smaller but it seems to be wrong each time it tries to guess!  

I have been exercising more....walking a lot and I started a workout routine but then went away for a few days and just walked instead (and besides, I was doing squats and couldn't go up the stairs w/o moaning because it hurt so badly....haha!)  But I am getting back to it this week....squats and all.  And as long as it isn't snowing, I am walking!

I bought the collagen someone here recommended and now that I can tolerate tea again, i make a cup of hot tea every day and put one tablespoon of that in it and drink it...then do a second one at night (I tried the 2 tbsp dose in one cup and it changed the taste too much).  Hopefully my hair will appreciate it.  

Well, I have been off all week for spring break and I am heading back in the morning for my last 2 wks of work before I am done....so I need to get to bed, but I'm looking forward to hearing from you NNs!

side by side 5 m.jpeg

Edited by CheeringCJ

You are looking great! I just posted pic's in my 200 lbs down thread.

11 hours ago, AustinJ said:

You are looking great! I just posted pic's in my 200 lbs down thread.

I just saw them.....INCREDIBLE!!!!  

I'm in kind of a terrible mood this morning, so you'll have to forgive me if this update sounds grumpier than I intend. I am actually doing great, I just think the world sucks today. Ha. I had someone get a hold of my Visa check card number and charge up $1100 at the iTunes store in a couple of hours yesterday. I think I got skimmed at a gas station pump. I'll get the money back, but now I have to call for all the bills that are due to come out and let them know why the payment will fail, AND go in and update every single automatic payment I have using that card. ELEVEN HUNDRED DOLLARS. Seriously, the world is full of human garbage. 

I need to update my profile and my ticker after I post this -- I am at exactly 76 pounds lost since surgery this morning, and 128.4 pounds lost total. I have my next check-up with the nurse practitioner and dietitian tomorrow, and I think they'll be pleased with my progress. I am. They don't do blood work until six months out, so I haven't had my labs checked yet; I'll do that not tomorrow, but at the next appointment. 

My weight loss slowed down last month, but is keeping pace with month 4 so far in month 5. We'll see how the chips fall in the end. The hair loss continues apace. I'm lucky that I already had short hair to begin with, so it's probably only super noticeable to me, but I'm not impressed. I already had a large forehead/high hairline, and it's even more pronounced now. Blah. Oh well. Temporary, right? I just keep telling myself that. 

I feel good about what I'm eating and how much of it; I hover right around the 900 calorie a day mark, mostly since I started reintroducing a lot more veggies and some fresh fruit. I tend to have the same breakfast and snacks every single day, but I change up my lunch and dinner every week. I like to cook, but I also live alone, so sometimes even cutting a recipe in half means I'll be eating in all week. I aim for 4 servings when I cook something, but sometimes it ends up at 6. 

I had my very very first incident with eating too much/too fast about a week ago (still not entirely sure which one it was, probably a combination of both). I was at a Meetup event in my area - we were having dinner to discuss a book and then seeing the movie it was based on. The restaurant took an eternity getting our food out, so we had 5 minutes to eat and get to the movie before it started. I knew as I was eating that I was going too fast and tried to slow down, but I think it was too late (didn't help that the food was really dense: a hamburger patty w/ cheese and a side of broccoli). I felt uncomfortable but not sick until about 5 minutes into the movie when my mouth started to water and I had to run to the bathroom. I wasn't able to vomit, even though I tried to -- is that because it was so dense? is this when papaya enzymes would have helped? -- so I stood around in the bathroom for 10 minutes first dry heaving a few times, and then burping a lot. And then crying, because I was miserable. Lesson LEARNED, y'all. 

I still do yoga once a week, but I'm kind of off the gym right now. I'm hoping the motivation will return when the weather improves (spring: where ARE you?), but for now I'm trying to be kind to myself (feeling guilty about these things always backfires for me and makes the problem worse) and stay active in other ways. Lots of painting and reorganizing and cleaning going on my house now to just stay on my feet in the evenings and on weekends. 

Four weeks from now I'll be in Italy! Figuring out what to buy and pack for that has been difficult. If I wait until the last minute, will I be able to find things that I like/need? If I buy them now, how do I make sure they won't be too big by the time we go? But hey, small problem.

Looking forward to hearing from everyone else! 

5 hours ago, kristinwitha_k said:

I'm in kind of a terrible mood this morning, so you'll have to forgive me if this update sounds grumpier than I intend. I am actually doing great, I just think the world sucks today. Ha. I had someone get a hold of my Visa check card number and charge up $1100 at the iTunes store in a couple of hours yesterday. I think I got skimmed at a gas station pump. I'll get the money back, but now I have to call for all the bills that are due to come out and let them know why the payment will fail, AND go in and update every single automatic payment I have using that card. ELEVEN HUNDRED DOLLARS. Seriously, the world is full of human garbage. 

I need to update my profile and my ticker after I post this -- I am at exactly 76 pounds lost since surgery this morning, and 128.4 pounds lost total. I have my next check-up with the nurse practitioner and dietitian tomorrow, and I think they'll be pleased with my progress. I am. They don't do blood work until six months out, so I haven't had my labs checked yet; I'll do that not tomorrow, but at the next appointment. 

My weight loss slowed down last month, but is keeping pace with month 4 so far in month 5. We'll see how the chips fall in the end. The hair loss continues apace. I'm lucky that I already had short hair to begin with, so it's probably only super noticeable to me, but I'm not impressed. I already had a large forehead/high hairline, and it's even more pronounced now. Blah. Oh well. Temporary, right? I just keep telling myself that. 

I feel good about what I'm eating and how much of it; I hover right around the 900 calorie a day mark, mostly since I started reintroducing a lot more veggies and some fresh fruit. I tend to have the same breakfast and snacks every single day, but I change up my lunch and dinner every week. I like to cook, but I also live alone, so sometimes even cutting a recipe in half means I'll be eating in all week. I aim for 4 servings when I cook something, but sometimes it ends up at 6. 

I had my very very first incident with eating too much/too fast about a week ago (still not entirely sure which one it was, probably a combination of both). I was at a Meetup event in my area - we were having dinner to discuss a book and then seeing the movie it was based on. The restaurant took an eternity getting our food out, so we had 5 minutes to eat and get to the movie before it started. I knew as I was eating that I was going too fast and tried to slow down, but I think it was too late (didn't help that the food was really dense: a hamburger patty w/ cheese and a side of broccoli). I felt uncomfortable but not sick until about 5 minutes into the movie when my mouth started to water and I had to run to the bathroom. I wasn't able to vomit, even though I tried to -- is that because it was so dense? is this when papaya enzymes would have helped? -- so I stood around in the bathroom for 10 minutes first dry heaving a few times, and then burping a lot. And then crying, because I was miserable. Lesson LEARNED, y'all. 

I still do yoga once a week, but I'm kind of off the gym right now. I'm hoping the motivation will return when the weather improves (spring: where ARE you?), but for now I'm trying to be kind to myself (feeling guilty about these things always backfires for me and makes the problem worse) and stay active in other ways. Lots of painting and reorganizing and cleaning going on my house now to just stay on my feet in the evenings and on weekends. 

Four weeks from now I'll be in Italy! Figuring out what to buy and pack for that has been difficult. If I wait until the last minute, will I be able to find things that I like/need? If I buy them now, how do I make sure they won't be too big by the time we go? But hey, small problem.First o

Looking forward to hearing from everyone else! 

first of all, WLS aside, that STINKS about your card!  Wouldn't the $1100 at iTunes have to be hooked to an acct?  Seems like they could find the person through that.  What a pain in the fanny that you have to clean up the mess.  ugh!

76 in just under 5 months (128.4 total)?!?!? AAAAAAMAZING!!! I am so proud of the November Nine!!!!  you guys are rocking it!

I haven't had an issue with eating too fast but there are times I recognize I am not doing the slow eating prescribed so i have to remember to slow down but  haven't had it fight me back yet.  Sorry you had that experience, but you're right...lesson learned!  I should just learn from you and never push it myself!

As for your trip....maybe go out in two weeks and get a few things...I am so excited for you.  Can't wait to see the pics and hear all about it! :)

Keep up the good work!  

Awww my NNs :D I love reading about you!

I seem to have settled into a literal swing pattern. I got 7-10 days without an ounce off, and then I lose 4-6 pounds in a couple days. I'm not really sure what causes it, Ive been very steady with water and intake, but now that I see the pattern since February, I'm not freaking out every time I go a week without losing a pound. I'm down 54 pounds since surgery, 71 pounds total.

I've learned I am the "fail to plan/plan to fail" type. I got really bored of eating the same things and ended up not doing well grocery shopping; having nothing to really eat meant I was snacking more the last couple weeks. I slapped myself out of it this weekend. Similarly, making sure I actually eat everything I pack for work. I have a morning snack, lunch, and and afternoon snack, and too often I was going home with half of it still in the bag. I definitely notice more energy and still sustain weight loss when I eat a bit more, especially protein wise. 

I'm in physical therapy for my stupid foot right now, and the upside is theyve given me considerable amounts of "homework" for strengthening my hips, legs, and feet, so I am getting that done every day as well. 

At the end of this month I am heading to Georgia for a few days and super excited to sit more comfortably in an airline seat. I am thankful to have never needed an extender, but I definitely had to suck in hard and move some belly fat around to buckle! Next month, I am also headed to VA for a couple days for an antique fair with my momma. Im hoping to line up a few more short excursions in hiking this summer as well :D 

18 minutes ago, delilas said:

I've learned I am the "fail to plan/plan to fail" type. I got really bored of eating the same things and ended up not doing well grocery shopping; having nothing to really eat meant I was snacking more the last couple weeks.

DITTO. I both get really tired of eating the same things all the time, and despise having to think about what I'm going to eat on weeknights. I meal prep like it's going out of style on either Saturday or Sunday and it makes following my plan so much easier for me. 

35 minutes ago, CheeringCJ said:

first of all, WLS aside, that STINKS about your card!  Wouldn't the $1100 at iTunes have to be hooked to an acct?  Seems like they could find the person through that.  What a pain in the fanny that you have to clean up the mess.  ugh!

76 in just under 5 months (128.4 total)?!?!? AAAAAAMAZING!!! I am so proud of the November Nine!!!!  you guys are rocking it!

I haven't had an issue with eating too fast but there are times I recognize I am not doing the slow eating prescribed so i have to remember to slow down but  haven't had it fight me back yet.  Sorry you had that experience, but you're right...lesson learned!  I should just learn from you and never push it myself!

As for your trip....maybe go out in two weeks and get a few things...I am so excited for you.  Can't wait to see the pics and hear all about it! :)

Keep up the good work!  

I would think they would be able to track the person down, but maybe not if the purchase was gift cards? Really unsure. And also, totally on my bank's fraud department to figure out, thankfully. :) 

Yes, do be careful and learn from my mistake! I had gotten pretty cocky about never having felt sick or uncomfortable because of eating and then BOOM. 

31 minutes ago, delilas said:

Awww my NNs :D I love reading about you!

I seem to have settled into a literal swing pattern. I got 7-10 days without an ounce off, and then I lose 4-6 pounds in a couple days. I'm not really sure what causes it, Ive been very steady with water and intake, but now that I see the pattern since February, I'm not freaking out every time I go a week without losing a pound. I'm down 54 pounds since surgery, 71 pounds total.

I've learned I am the "fail to plan/plan to fail" type. I got really bored of eating the same things and ended up not doing well grocery shopping; having nothing to really eat meant I was snacking more the last couple weeks. I slapped myself out of it this weekend. Similarly, making sure I actually eat everything I pack for work. I have a morning snack, lunch, and and afternoon snack, and too often I was going home with half of it still in the bag. I definitely notice more energy and still sustain weight loss when I eat a bit more, especially protein wise. 

I'm in physical therapy for my stupid foot right now, and the upside is theyve given me considerable amounts of "homework" for strengthening my hips, legs, and feet, so I am getting that done every day as well. 

At the end of this month I am heading to Georgia for a few days and super excited to sit more comfortably in an airline seat. I am thankful to have never needed an extender, but I definitely had to suck in hard and move some belly fat around to buckle! Next month, I am also headed to VA for a couple days for an antique fair with my momma. Im hoping to line up a few more short excursions in hiking this summer as well :D 

sounds like you're doing great also!  So proud of our colleagues!  ;) 

I also got lax with my 'rules' this past month so i had to get back to basics (today I had refried beans mixed with greek yogurt and salsa and forgot how filling it was!  

Sorry about your foot, hope it heals quickly!

Sounds like you have some fun times coming up!  Have fun in VA and GA!

I won't be traveling this summer as I am starting my new job and won't have vacation time for the first 90 days.  Fortunately my husband started his too so we both have to wait it out.  No big deal....I didn't have plans anyway but next year is our 35th anniv so we are planning a nice big trip away then.  (my husband's job requires working on Sundays and since Saturday is our only day off together, that is not conducive to many excursions this summer! ;))  But just imagine how great I will look next year on our vacation! 

15 hours ago, CheeringCJ said:

I won't be traveling this summer as I am starting my new job and won't have vacation time for the first 90 days.  Fortunately my husband started his too so we both have to wait it out.  No big deal....I didn't have plans anyway but next year is our 35th anniv so we are planning a nice big trip away then.  (my husband's job requires working on Sundays and since Saturday is our only day off together, that is not conducive to many excursions this summer! ;))  But just imagine how great I will look next year on our vacation! 

Ugh that is always a hard part of starting somewhere new! I can't wait to see those pictures next year, you'll be looking phenomenal! Thanks for being our NN cheerleader!

2 hours ago, delilas said:

Ugh that is always a hard part of starting somewhere new! I can't wait to see those pictures next year, you'll be looking phenomenal! Thanks for being our NN cheerleader!

Always want to keep up w/ our group.....I think it is great to be able to see what we are all going through at the same stages!

Hi guys! Always so wonderful to hear from/about all of you. 

I'm doing great. Just returned from Paris, which turned out to be a great opportunity to notice many of the ways that my weight loss progress has affected my life. As some of you may have read on here, I was able to comfortably sit in an airplane seat without the need of a seat belt extender for the first time in over a decade. I actually owned two different extender models that I used to carry on to every flight to save myself the embarrassment of having to ask for one, but I'm pleased to report that they are now in the trash! In Paris, we walked A TON - every day was at least 14,000 steps, and one day we even did 25,000! OH - and the STAIRS! So. Many. Stairs. I felt really proud that I was able to keep up - Adrienne 5 months ago would have never been able to go on this trip. Eating/drinking in Paris was a bit of a challenge, because there were so many things that I wanted to try, but so little room in my tummy. Being with a group of friends, it was also hard not to be able to eat and drink at the same time. Someone was always ordering another bottle of wine with dinner, and I found it hard not to indulge - so hard, in fact, that I was sometimes unsuccessful. I definitely had a couple of "I'm way too full and kind of drunk" moments, but luckily I was with good friends who knew what I was dealing with. The solution was always walking me around the block several times to get "things" moving. Long story short, I was far from perfectly compliant on my trip and have zero regrets.

It's been nice getting back to my routine and also very meaningful to be able to prove to myself that I can relax my habits for a week of vacation, but then get back on track. I've never been able to do that in the past (as soon as I strayed from whatever diet I was on, it used to be game over). From a food perspective, I typically consume between 900-1000 calories a day.  I have absolutely fallen in love with exercise if you can believe it, and if you had told me that I would ever be saying that a few months ago, I would have laughed in your face. I do around 35-45 minutes of cardio about 4 times a week and weightlifting 3 times a week and I feel awesome. 

From a weightloss standpoint, I'm on the slower side, I guess - about 60 pounds since my surgery on 11/15, and 78 pounds from my highest weight ever. The weight continues to come off though, slow and steady, and I have no complaints. Generally speaking, I've become less fixated on being a perfect post WLS patient and more fixated on making lifestyle changes that I can and want to sustain. 

In a shocking twist for a girl who has always had very thin, fine, hair, I haven't been losing mine. I was so sure that the hair loss thing would hit me hard, but so far, it hasn't. 

Here's something that I've been struggling with a bit - I used to be a couch potato. As a single, childless woman in a town where I have no family and only a small handful of work friends, I had become a person who could sit and watch tv for hours and hours and hours. Now I find myself feeling kind of antsy because I have no desire to sit around nor to watch much tv. I guess I need to get some hobbies!

In closing, I'd like to ask for your advice, my TT pals:

To date before reaching my goal weight and having plastic surgery, or not to date before reaching my goal weight and having plastic surgery? That is my question...:)

Edited by Boho Rosy

@Boho Rosy I am not a Bariatric Bad A$$ but FWIW, my opinion is that you should date when you meet a person worth dating ;)

1 minute ago, Readytobeme said:

@Boho Rosy I am not a Bariatric Bad A$$ but FWIW, my opinion is that you should date when you meet a person worth dating ;)

It's worth a lot :) . I am happy to receive opinions from any and all TT friends!! Thanks!

4 hours ago, Boho Rosy said:

To date before reaching my goal weight and having plastic surgery, or not to date before reaching my goal weight and having plastic surgery? That is my question...:)

My vote on dating is there's no harm in putting yourself out there for dating and meeting a few people as long as it feels fun and enjoyable. Will you meet the ONE (I personally don't believe there's only one for each of us, but you know what I mean.. )? Maybe. Maybe not. But you can get out and do things and enjoy your life. 

I've dipped my toes into the dating pool a bit in the past month and it's been... fine. Not great. But fine. I take it just a little bit at a time and take my own temperature on whether or not I'm enjoying myself at all times. 

Sounds like Paris was amazing! You should post some photos if you feel like it. I love living vicariously through others. Ha. 

Edited by kristinwitha_k

@Boho Rosy......so glad to hear your update!  Syonara, seat belt extenders!!!  Good riddens!!!

I like seeing your new profile pic.  I notice a lot of us are changing our pics lately....bc we are getting thinner faces and it's fun to see!!! :)

I can't believe you aren't losing hair, but i am very happy for you.  I have always had thin hair and I lost a ton after our 3rd child was born but didn't with the other 4.  I knew it grew back but was annoying at the time.  However w/ that pg, my hair got gorgeous and thick and was so pretty....it was evidently bc during my pg i didn't lose ANY hair, then after wards, my scalp was willing to give up when it had been holding on to.  So i didn't look bald at the end of it...just back to normal for me.  This time I am losing it, I am starting out at my normal and so i am afraid I will be bald! :huh:  Still, I would rather be thin and balding then fat with more hair!  I am getting it cut this weekend bc the long pieces everywhere are driving me nuts...I know it isn't going to slow down the loss, but I'd rather have shorter pieces everywhere than longer ones!  Plus i start my new job in a week and a half and don't want to start w/ big hairs all over my clothes!

Congrat on the 60#  I just hit 60 today...finally! I was getting irritated w/ the slowing down this past month.  I am less than 2# away from the 170s which I can't wait to get to....so it is killing me that it is taking this long, BUT I know it will come, it is just taking longer than I planned (which is funny bc before last month I was complaining that it would slow down so my skin could keep up!)

I am so proud of you and your vacation (way to WALK!) and your ability to indulge enough to have fun and no regrets but then also bounce back and get right back to plan as soon as it is over!  You rock!

And fallen in love w/ exercise??? Who are you and where did the old you go?  Awesome, right???  YEAH YOU!

As for dating?  I wouldn't worry about it....nor would I wait until you are "finished" bc this journey is a lifetime journey and your future mate will have to be a part of it and he'll have to know so there is no way you can hide it from him so why wait until you have "arrived"? When you find someone, go ahead and date him!  If he doesn't like the weight loss stuff, then move on....if he does, then get to know him better!!!

Edited by CheeringCJ

5 hours ago, Readytobeme said:

This is perfect advice for everyone, regardless of their size, age, health, etc. :-) 

On 4/11/2018 at 7:43 PM, kristinwitha_k said:

Sounds like Paris was amazing! You should post some photos if you feel like it. I love living vicariously through others. Ha. 

You got it!

sparkle.jpg

Silly hats.jpg

crazy.jpg

Versilles.jpg

On 4/11/2018 at 7:47 PM, CheeringCJ said:

....nor would I wait until you are "finished" bc this journey is a lifetime journey and your future mate will have to be a part of it and he'll have to know so there is no way you can hide it from him so why wait until you have "arrived"? When you find someone, go ahead and date him!  If he doesn't like the weight loss stuff, then move on....if he does, then get to know him better!!!

Very, very good points. Thanks @CheeringCJ!

15 minutes ago, Boho Rosy said:

You got it!

sparkle.jpg

Silly hats.jpg

crazy.jpg

Versilles.jpg

Eek, so amazing!! I love Paris. ::sigh:: Your friends look like fun people and you look lovely. Thanks for sharing!! 

3 minutes ago, kristinwitha_k said:

Eek, so amazing!! I love Paris. ::sigh:: Your friends look like fun people and you look lovely. Thanks for sharing!! 

You bet! We had an amazing time. I will definitely be returning!

Looks like a blast, @Boho Rosy!!!  Love the berret pic!  I am so glad you had the fun and no regrets!