Kio

Hard day... pet attacked

Recommended Posts

I'm so glad to hear that Sadie is doing better, and she looks quite satisfied in that photo. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Poor Sadie ... but I'm glad to hear that she's getting the care she needs.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Kio i don't know how i missed this. I am terribly sorry you all had to go through something so traumatizing. I am also glad to hear she is doing better. May each day be a little better and she recover quickly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Kio glad she is improving....she looks glad to be home and resting!  Glad you were able to get a break and a good night's sleep!

How is the stress from that and the need to sell the house making you feel? Do you feel like stress eating?  What are you doing to deal with it?

Edited by CheeringCJ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, CheeringCJ said:

@Kio glad she is improving....she looks glad to be home and resting!  Glad you were able to get a break and a good night's sleep!

How is the stress from that and the need to sell the house making you feel? Do you feel like stress eating?  What are you doing to deal with it?

I feel like stress SCREAMING... lol... but not really like stress eating!  I think I'm doing ok on that front.  The timing is really good, if you can say that a traumatic event has good timing - my cycle started the day after the attack (maybe due to the terror?!) and with it came my monthly weight loss week.  So I've dropped from 213 to 206 in a week, and that sort of thing tends to make stress eating less attractive.

At the same time, I've found a few meals and snacks I really like recently that are high in protein, moderate in fat, and low in carb, so I've basically stuck with them.  My tracking has fallen off, but I'm pretty sure that I've stayed on track anyway.  Plus, I received my order of cappuccino Syntrax in the mail on Friday and discovered I like it - so there's that, too!  The drain Sadie has had for days gets removed tomorrow... so it also helps to know that the worst is about to be over.  Once that's removed (and the bandage hanging off her side that she won't let us touch) I'll feel a lot better about things, and life will get a lot easier.  Right now, I think the very worst part is watching her step on her tubing - it's just miserable to see it tug at where it's sutured in, even though the vet said it would be fine.

The house stuff is just crazycakes, but I'm not really involved too much at this point - someone has to watch Sadie basically at all times, and that person, it turns out, is me!  So I haven't had to do much moving/packing since Saturday afternoon.  That may change when the drain comes out, though. 

We did just get through the inspection phase, and the sellers agreed to fix the stuff that concerned us without negotiating the price.  So tomorrow we sign the purchase and sale agreement and hand over a check, and then we just have to clear one more hurdle - actually selling our place! 

I DID buy a big bag of sugar free life savers the other day, just in case I felt the urge to stress eat.  So far, I've barely touched it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, ktallon said:

@Kio i don't know how i missed this. I am terribly sorry you all had to go through something so traumatizing. I am also glad to hear she is doing better. May each day be a little better and she recover quickly.

Awww, thanks @ktallon! Tomorrow she gets her drain out and that will be awesome - I feel like that's the thing that's been stressing me the most of all, it's just such a bad thing to look at.  I can't wait!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for posting the picture of sweet Ms Sadie @Kio she really looks much better than what I imagined.

I came home today to my very favorite pig hanging out in our yard lol I got some good pictures and may post them here somewhere.

We live in the middle of 15 wooded acres right next door to a farm. Some of their animals make their way over here at times. I am getting quite attached to the pig though! I feed, water and provide shelter for a ton of wild animals. You name it, we have it. Turkeys raise babies here, skunks, birds, deer, opossum, racoons, you name it, we got it ;)

I think that this pig is coming over here and eating my bird seed lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sadie is one tough cookie. So glad she's getting better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Kio said:

I feel like stress SCREAMING... lol... but not really like stress eating!  I think I'm doing ok on that front.  The timing is really good, if you can say that a traumatic event has good timing - my cycle started the day after the attack (maybe due to the terror?!) and with it came my monthly weight loss week.  So I've dropped from 213 to 206 in a week, and that sort of thing tends to make stress eating less attractive.

At the same time, I've found a few meals and snacks I really like recently that are high in protein, moderate in fat, and low in carb, so I've basically stuck with them.  My tracking has fallen off, but I'm pretty sure that I've stayed on track anyway.  Plus, I received my order of cappuccino Syntrax in the mail on Friday and discovered I like it - so there's that, too!  The drain Sadie has had for days gets removed tomorrow... so it also helps to know that the worst is about to be over.  Once that's removed (and the bandage hanging off her side that she won't let us touch) I'll feel a lot better about things, and life will get a lot easier.  Right now, I think the very worst part is watching her step on her tubing - it's just miserable to see it tug at where it's sutured in, even though the vet said it would be fine.

The house stuff is just crazycakes, but I'm not really involved too much at this point - someone has to watch Sadie basically at all times, and that person, it turns out, is me!  So I haven't had to do much moving/packing since Saturday afternoon.  That may change when the drain comes out, though. 

We did just get through the inspection phase, and the sellers agreed to fix the stuff that concerned us without negotiating the price.  So tomorrow we sign the purchase and sale agreement and hand over a check, and then we just have to clear one more hurdle - actually selling our place! 

I DID buy a big bag of sugar free life savers the other day, just in case I felt the urge to stress eat.  So far, I've barely touched it!

is the purchase of the new house contingent on the sale of the current one? what is the housing market like in your area?  At least it being Spring (sort of!) will help.  

So proud of you not stress eating...and whooo hoooo...soooooooooooooooooo close to Onederland!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How is Sadie doing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Res Ipsa said:

How is Sadie doing?

I'd like to know too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now