mcpriest

New to the Group!

Hi everyone. I am new to the group. I am currently 10 days away from surgery and on my Pre Op liquid diet. Which is kicking my butt due to it making me SUPER sick. But we are getting there. I am going to be having the Roux en Y gastric bypass surgery. I am beyond nervous(not for the life style but for the surgery, i have a history of issues with anesthesia) but I am excited for my new life. I have created my bucket list and my goals that I plan to hit and I have my husband by my side during it. 

A little about me I am 22 years old and from Michigan. I work in the hospital in our registration department. I am going to school for Criminal Justice with a focus in Forensics and a minor in Criminal Psychology, and plan to venture past that and get a degree in social work and possibly forensic nursing. I have a deep love for hiking and swimming. And really anything to do with the water. I like to travel and spend time with my family. I have been married for 5 years and together with my husband for 7. We did get married right after I graduated. My husband is a mechanic and loves to race(currently in the process of working with friends and family to get into local track racing by starting a team). We are both motorcycle fanatics as well. 

I am hoping to gain support and insight and tips and tricks from this group and learn how to navigate this WLS world! 

Thanks everyone! 

Welcome to Thinner Times mcpriest.

Welcome! We are here to support and inform you on your weight loss surgery journey.  I look forward to welcoming you to the "losers bench" soon!! :)