Its official as of yesterday I have lost 200lbs since starting the bariatric program. I lost 97lbs before surgery on Nov. 8 and now 103lbs since.

I posted about Reactive Hypoglycemia issues and Orthostatic Hypotension issues a few months back and have since been diagnosed as Hyponatremic about a month ago. My Dr.s believe the Hyponatremia  was causing the other "Hypo" issues. Hypoonatremia in most cases is low sodium in the blood but in my case was the whole electrolyte panel. I have since increase my Sodium and electrolyte intake. Due to the amount of exercise I do I have to drink 4 bottles of Propel a day. I use powder packets I get from Sam's club to keep the cost down.

My weight loss has significantly slowed this last 2 months, but I feel that is changing now that my body has/is adjusting to the sodium and electrolyte increase in the last 4 days I have lost as much as I did the previous month. It will be fun to see what happens from here on out.

Thank you to everyone here at TT. You are all great support

What a THRILLING number!!!! Wow wow wow! Well done!

Wow just wow. I am both impressed and inspired. :)

That is outstanding progress Austin - congratulations!

Wow!  Amazing!  Congrats!  Not much farther to goal and not even 6 months out!

Great job Austin. Sounds like things may take off again now they have sorted out your post surgical nutrition issues. You'll be at goal before you know it.

@AustinJ You are doing super-duper great. 200 lbs is ... what I weigh now. Amazing. Your devotion to this regimen is really impressive. When you  have a chance update us on the exercise regimen you are currently using. You've lost those 103 lbs in something like what, 160 days? Wow!

Wow! That is just incredible @AustinJ I am with the others and betting that you hit goal very quickly now. Good luck!

7 hours ago, AustinJ said:

Its official as of yesterday I have lost 200lbs since starting the bariatric program

I am so happy for you! It's a very small group that gets to enjoy the amazing life changes of losing 200 lbs. Much respect to you.

giphy.gif

Congrats!!! 

Thank you everyone for all the support and congrats. I still have a ways to go.

Woohoooo @AustinJ!  You are inspiring to all of us.  Holy cow that is a lot of weight in a short time!  What is your exercise regime like these days?  Current pics please and thank you sir! :)

Wow, @AustinJ!!! That is an incredible weight loss! You should be extremely proud of yourself!! Just amazing! :D

Im truly happy to hear that they found out what was causing your health issues and that you are starting to feel better!!!

WAY TO GO!!!

My exercise right now is pretty simple, I have to keep it that way because of the Hyponatermia. Depending on how I feel, I walk, jog or run 5 days a week M-F. I am carefull not to burn more than 850 calories exercising because I only consume 850 - 900 calories a day. So I walk for 75 min. @ 4mph or jog 50 min @ 5mph or run 35 min. @6.5mph.

My wife and I are going to a concert tonight I'm sure she'll take plenty of pictures. I will have to get some posted.

Here's are a few pics to show my journey:

7/19/14 I was around 490lbs - Wife and son

DSC_1019.thumb.JPG.ca0b66fe252e4c9498201f711dfbf623.JPG

5/25/17 shortly after starting the bariatric program 495lbs

DSC_0183.thumb.JPG.029c29497f062499034d961754e3a82e.JPG

11/7/18 day before surgery 407lbs - wife

eDSC_0597.thumb.JPG.dbcf690b41f8c1a130eec06414e7ef7f.JPG

12/7/17 my wife and I in my old coat 379lbs

20171207_182520_005.thumb.jpg.4aa3b95f71f2071de78d375000cbd6d9.jpg

12/24/17 Christmas Photo 362lbs - sonDSC_0887.thumb.JPG.2508cd4e41359eb7379edb4008e74418.JPG

1/10/18 trying on old clothes 355lbs

20180110_222632.thumb.jpg.7965e96c1b5d20bfec46a175ab88ccde.jpg

1/28/18 getting ready to take my son out shooting for his B-day 342lbs

20180127_110931.thumb.jpg.b7a130f74d87112bc04ac87a0e86c62a.jpg

And just now 4/8/18 301lbs

20180408_213923.thumb.jpg.a29be5883a042e28361d64ed62028aa3.jpg

Edited by AustinJ
typo

Wow! You look like a brand new person, Austin! I will bet that you feel like one too. Awesome job!

Wow! You've been through some amazing changes! Way to go! 

Holy moly! What an amazing transformation! Inspirational!!!

Wow!  What an amazing transformation.  Thank you so very much for sharing these photos of your journey so far.

THAT is an amazing transformation Austin - congratulations - you're doing a fantastic job with your VSG.

Amazing, Austin!!!!  I love taking the journey with you.....I smiled at you and your wife fitting into your old jacket and love the one w/ your old shirt on your new body!  Your face is so incredibly different that I bet if you haven't seen someone in a few months, they don't recognize you!  You are rocking your sleeve!!!!  Keep it up....next goal 200s....to be met any second now! :)

Thanks for the inspiration to us all!!!!

@AustinJ - Wow!  You should be a WLS poster child my dear sir!  My favorite pic is the one of you and your cute wifey in your jacket!  Love it!

You are an inspiration - thanks for sharing with us :)

That is just an amazing change - you've done a great job, Austin!  Such a dramatic change, you look fantastic.  :)

@AustinJ

So happy for you. Congrats. You are such a success and your devotion to this process is really evident. Your family must be so proud of you grabbing this issue by the horns and dealing with it. 

Thank you all for the positive words. I've just stuck with the plan and made adjustments when things went sideways.