NerdyToothpick

Going to see my new surgeon!

2 hours ago, CheeringCJ said:

Nerdy????  Are you ok? :unsure:

I see you "reacted to this" w/ a heart so I know you are "alive" ;) and that makes me happy!!!!  update us when you can but so glad you were able to stop in and at least know that we are all concerned about our favorite toothpick!!!  love you NT

Thanks all. I feel awful and very weak. I’m ok but I did a number on my stomach. Doc thinks that I tore the lining of my stomach. The force of vomiting a heavy food like beef has caused inflammation of the esophagus and stomach. I’m being treated as if I have an ulcer and I am in the process of scheduling an endoscopy. 

I’m back to a liquid diet because I can’t keep anything down. I’m often dizzy and feel faint because my calorie intake is so low. I am glad I haven’t lost more weight (the irony!) because I think that would officially put me in too thin category. 

Sorry it’s taken me so long to reply. I almost fainted in the doctor’s office :( I have zero energy these days. 

Thanks for the love and concern. 

6 minutes ago, CheeringCJ said:

I see you "reacted to this" w/ a heart so I know you are "alive" ;) and that makes me happy!!!!  update us when you can but so glad you were able to stop in and at least know that we are all concerned about our favorite toothpick!!!  love you NT

Thanks @CheeringCJ! I’ll be glad when this is all over. 

3 minutes ago, NerdyToothpick said:

Thanks all. I feel awful and very weak. I’m ok but I did a number on my stomach. Doc thinks that I tore the lining of my stomach. The force of vomiting a heavy food like beef has caused inflammation of the esophagus and stomach. I’m being treated as if I have an ulcer and I am in the process of scheduling an endoscopy. 

I’m back to a liquid diet because I can’t keep anything down. I’m often dizzy and feel faint because my calorie intake is so low. I am glad I haven’t lost more weight (the irony!) because I think that would officially put me in too thin category. 

Sorry it’s taken me so long to reply. I almost fainted in the doctor’s office :( I have zero energy these days. 

you poor thing.  How are you managing taking care of your little one?

I hope your stomach heals quickly.  Boy, what a long drawn out ordeal over a piece of steak....wow!  I would have never known it could do so much damage.  

Hugs NT so sorry you are going through such an ordeal. Who knew that steak could cause so much trouble. Hope you feel better very soon.

Great to hear from you, NT. I had a feeling that you were in no shape to be online. I do hope that you recover quickly. Please keep us posted as you are able to do so. (((Hugs)))

1 hour ago, CheeringCJ said:

you poor thing.  How are you managing taking care of your little one?

I hope your stomach heals quickly.  Boy, what a long drawn out ordeal over a piece of steak....wow!  I would have never known it could do so much damage.  

Taking care of Katya? Ohhhh, that’s a whole blog post. The good news continues to be that she is the light of our lives. My husband and babysitter have been instrumental in taking a larger share of caring for Katya. I can’t wait until I feel stronger so I can go back to being active mom. 

Look after yourself Toothpick. So, so pleased that you found yourself a local surgeon before all this happened. Hope you feel better soon my friend.

Oh man, tearing your stomach lining sounds traumatic. Not to mention the inflammation everywhere. So sorry. Dizziness is no easy thing either, and it can really bring your mood down. I'm hoping you heal quickly.

7 hours ago, NerdyToothpick said:

Ouch! That sounds so painful! Take good care of yourself and stick to the liquids. Hopefully your body will cooperate and not cause you to drop more weight while you're healing. 

Yikes - I am so very sorry that you are going through this.  Let us all know how the testing work out.  We are here to support you. 

Thank you for updating us NT but I'm sorry you're going through a rough time.  Sending a gentle hug your way.

I've been checking every day, and sending hugs and good wishes. Hope all is well! Worried.....

Sheesh, Nerdy! You poor thing, that all seriously sucks! Take it easy, my friend. I'm so glad to hear you've got help on the child wrangling front - I hope they fix this up soon and get you back to running after your kiddo!

Bless you I hope you feel more like yourself soon x

On 4/9/2018 at 12:01 AM, Jen581791 said:

Ouch! That sounds so painful! Take good care of yourself and stick to the liquids. Hopefully your body will cooperate and not cause you to drop more weight while you're healing. 

Ironically, I've gained two pounds!

On 4/9/2018 at 10:51 AM, Cindy Lou Who said:

I've been checking every day, and sending hugs and good wishes. Hope all is well! Worried.....

Thank you, my love. I'm cranky and very tired. I'm putting all my trust in my medical team!

17 minutes ago, NerdyToothpick said:

Thank you, my love. I'm cranky and very tired. I'm putting all my trust in my medical team!

I hope that you get this resolved favorably very soon.  Since you had surgery in Mexico, where is your current medical team? 

59 minutes ago, NerdyToothpick said:

And we're still sending healing vibes your way ... hugs.

4 hours ago, Res Ipsa said:

I hope that you get this resolved favorably very soon.  Since you had surgery in Mexico, where is your current medical team? 

@Res Ipsa I'm going to the same clinic as @BurgundyBoy :) I started going to Mt. Auburn a few months ago and love my new team. I was surprised at how difficult it was to find a WLS clinic that would take me as a patient but the folks at MAH have done right by me.

12 minutes ago, NerdyToothpick said:

@Res Ipsa I'm going to the same clinic as @BurgundyBoy :) I started going to Mt. Auburn a few months ago and love my new team. I was surprised at how difficult it was to find a WLS clinic that would take me as a patient but the folks at MAH have done right by me.

Mount Auburn is a great hospital - indeed, I was born there! :)

1 minute ago, Res Ipsa said:

Mount Auburn is a great hospital - indeed, I was born there! :)

So was my daughter!! I've also spent a lot of time in their ER, so it's my hospital of choice. :lol:

8 hours ago, NerdyToothpick said:

Ironically, I've gained two pounds!

Well your sense of wry humor is still intact. That's a good sign. 

Healing vibes and prayers. 

On 4/11/2018 at 8:07 PM, BurgundyBoy said:

Well your sense of wry humor is still intact. That's a good sign. 

Healing vibes and prayers. 

My incredible sense of humor is what keeps me going. Humor and spite. ;)